Addis Ababa, Ethiopia
Ruth has done Bachelor of Arts degree in acting from the Samuel Beckett Centre at Trinity College in Dublin.
- Father – Dr. Negga (Doctor at Black Lion Hospital in Addis Ababa)
- Mother – Norra Negga (Nurse)
- Siblings – None
Ruth Negga is represented by Markham, Froggatt & Irwin.
5 ft 3 in or 160 cm
52 kg or 115 lbs
Boyfriend / Spouse
Ruth Negga has dated –
- Dominic Cooper (2009-Present) – Ruth Negga met actor Dominic Cooper while working in a stage adaptation of Phedre, in which they co-starred with Helen Mirren. They started dating within months of meeting each other and started living together in London in 2010.
Race / Ethnicity
Ruth Negga is of Irish descent on mother’s side, while, has Ethiopian ancestry due to her father.
- Short curly hair
34-24-33 in or 86-61-84 cm
4 (US) or 34 (EU)
8.5 (US) or 39 (EU)
Ruth Negga has not endorsed any brand.
Best Known For
- Playing the role of Mildred Loving in the 2016 historical drama film, Loving.
- Having starred in ABC series, Marvel’s Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D. from 2013 to 2015.
Ruth Negga made her film debut in 2004 with Capital Letters as Taiwo.
First TV Show
Negga first appeared in 2004 medical soap opera series Doctors in the role of Wanda Harrison in just 1 episode.
Ruth Negga had to undergo training for Israeli martial arts form, Krav Maga to prepare for her role in the Preacher.
She loved her Krav Maga training so much that it became her preferred mode of workout and tries to regularly visit Krav Maga studio to hone her self-defense skills and to remain in best shape.
Ruth Negga Favorite Things
- Painter – Jean-Michel Basquiat
Source – Vogue
Ruth Negga Facts
- In 2010, she became the first black actress to portray the famous historical character, Ophelia in the National Theater of London’s production.
- She moved with her mother from Ethiopia to Ireland at the age of 4 after the break out of political violence. However, her father got struck in his native country.
- Her father died in a car accident when she was 7. She had to undertake therapy in her early 30s to psychologically come to the terms of her father’s death.
- She got an urge to pursue an acting career after she watched one particular scene in 1986 fantasy movie. That particular scene had David Bowie walking down the stairs.
- Ruth Negga is not on social media.