|Aleksandar Kolarov Quick Info|
|Height||6 ft 2 in|
|Date of Birth||November 10, 1985|
For more than a decade, Aleksandar Kolarov has been delivering brilliant performances as an attacking left back. His great left foot helps him deliver his trademark fizzing low crosses into the heart of the opposition’s penalty box. His ability to hit the dead ball with power and precision makes him a nightmare for the opposition from outside of the penalty box as well. However, with the advancing age, his defensive skills have suffered. But he has a lot of experience, which still helps him get better of the opposing attacker.
Serbian Roberto Carlos
Belgrade, SFR Yugoslavia
Aleksandar Kolarov started his soccer journey with the Red Star Belgrade youth system.
Professional Soccer Player
- Father – Živko Kolarov
- Mother – Ceca Kolarov
- Siblings – He has a brother.
Aleksandar Kolarov is managed by Sergio Berti.
Left Back, Left Winger, Central Defender
3 – SS Lazio, Serbia National Team
11 – SS Lazio, Manchester City, AS Roma, Serbia National Team
13 – Manchester City, Serbia National Team
6 ft 2 in or 188 cm
80 kg or 176 lbs
Girlfriend / Spouse
Aleksandar Kolarov has dated –
- Vesna Kolarov – Aleksandar Kolarov has had a volatile relationship with his wife. Their marriage was especially thrown into chaos in 2014 after it was revealed that he was involved in an affair with a model for over a decade. According to reports, they had decided to separate sometime in the late 2010s. Over the course of their marriage, she had given birth to their daughter, Una, and son, Nikola.
- Kristina Mijacevic (2004-2014) – As per reports, Kolarov started his secret affair with Serbian model Kristina Mijacevic in 2004. However, their affair remained a secret from the public until 2014. In the same year, he had decided to end their affair after discovering that she was pregnant. However, he eventually recognized that he was the father of her newborn son, Petar.
- Kristina Bučino (2017) – Towards the end of 2017, the Serbian media claimed that Kolarov was going out with Italian model, Kristina Bučino. The same report claimed that he had separated from his wife, who decided to remain in Manchester. He had moved alone to Rome and had hooked up with Kristina immediately after his move.
Race / Ethnicity
- Short Trimmed Hair
Aleksandar Kolarov has inked an endorsement deal with Nike. Because of the deal, he often wears Nike cleats for his professional matches.
His religious views aren’t known.
Best Known For
- His thunderous left foot as he has the most powerful left foot amongst the fullbacks.
- His successful stint with the English club, Manchester City as he went on to play 247 matches for the club and managed to win 2 Premier League titles, 2 Football League Cups, and an FA Cup
- Having played over 100 matches for the Italian side, SS Lazio where he managed to win Coppa Italia as well as Supercoppa Italiana
First Soccer Match
In 2004, he made his professional debut with the Serbian professional team, Čukarički, in the top-tier Serbia-Montenegro League.
In August 2010, he made his Premier League debut with Manchester City in an away match against Tottenham Hotspur at the White Hart Lane. The match ended in a goalless draw.
In August 2017, he made his Serie A debut for AS Roma in a match against Atlanta. He went on to score the only goal of the match as he placed a delightful freekick under the wall and into the lower left-hand corner.
In 2008, he made his international debut for the Serbian national team.
- Technical Ability
- Set Pieces
- Free Kicks
- Long Shots
- Aerial Duels
- Defensive Positioning
He hasn’t been cast in any theatrical film till now.
First TV Show
Apart from the telecast of the soccer matches, Aleksandar Kolarov made his first TV show appearance on Football on 5: The EFL Cup in 2015.
His workout routine and diet plan aren’t known.
Aleksandar Kolarov Favorite Things
His favorite things aren’t known.
Aleksandar Kolarov Facts
- Kolarov has established an agricultural company in his native country, Serbia, which is run by his brother.
- In January 2004, he left Red Star Belgrade without having made an appearance for the senior team in his 5 years with the club. He joined Čukarički and signed a 3-year contract with the new club.
- In February 2006, he moved to OFK Beograd in a controversial contract. He still had a year left on his contract with Čukarički but Beograd signed him as a free agent. The club appealed to Football Association of Serbia (FSS) but their formal complaint was rejected.
- SS Lazio bought Kolarov from OFK Beograd in the summer of 2007 in a transfer worth €925,000 as the transfer fee.
- He scored his first goal for Lazio in September 2007 which was a long-range rocket from a distance of 38 meters against Reggina.
- In March 2009, he cemented his status as a cult hero amongst the Lazio fans as he scored a wonderful solo goal in a match against their hated derby rivals. He received the ball from the goalkeeper and went on to run through the entire length of the pitch to score the goal.
- In the 2009 Coppa Italia final against Sampdoria, he scored one of the penalties in the shootout to help his side win the coveted trophy. It was his first trophy with the Italian capital-based club.
- In July 2010, Lazio agreed to sell Kolarov to Manchester City for the reported transfer fee of £16 million.
- In June 2014, he signed a contract extension with the English club to extend his stay with the club until 2018. It was also revealed that he had changed his jersey number from 13 to 11.
- As he had slipped out of the first team, he agreed to move to AS Roma in July 2017 after the Italian club had paid €5m to Manchester City for his services.
- He was appointed as Serbian national team’s captain for their 2018 FIFA World Cup campaign. He served as their captain for their all 3 group stage matches.
- In June 2018, he scored another stunner from the free kick to give his side 1-0 victory over Costa Rica in Serbia’s first group stage match at the 2018 FIFA World Cup.
- Aleksandar doesn’t have any social media account.
Featured Image by Екатерина Лаут / Soccer.ru / CC BY-SA 3.0