|Ali Barter Quick Info|
|Height||5 ft 6 in|
|Year of Birth||1986|
|Eye Color||Light Brown|
Ali Barter is an Australian singer and songwriter whose debut studio album titled A Suitable Girl (2017) had peaked at number 17 on the ARIA (Australian Recording Industry Association) charts. Before the launch of her debut album, she had released 3 EPs named Trip (2012), Community (2014), and AB-EP (2015). Her 2016 single called Girlie Bits was included by the Australian national youth radio situation Triple J in its ‘Hottest 100’ list, an annual countdown of the most popular songs of the year, selected by the listeners of the radio station. In October 2019, her 2nd studio album titled Hello, I’m Doing My Best was launched.
Ali Barter was born in the year 1986.
Melbourne, Victoria, Australia
Melbourne, Victoria, Australia
Ali is a high school graduate.
- Others – She has a half-brother.
She is represented by –
- Dave Batty, Manager, Custom-Made Artist Representation, Melbourne, Victoria, Australia
- Rebecca Young, Booking Agent (Australia/New Zealand), Collective Artists, Sydney, New South Wales, Australia
- Adele Slater, Booking Agent (UK/Europe), Coda Agency, London, England, United Kingdom
- Robbie Brown, Booking Agent (Americas), William Morris Endeavor Entertainment, Beverly Hills, California, United States
- Inertia Music, Publishing Agency, Sydney, New South Wales, Australia
Pop Rock, Indie Pop, Rock, Grunge Pop
- MGM Distribution
- Ronnie Records
- Girly Bits/Inertia Music
- Ali Barter Records
5 ft 6 in or 167.5 cm
54 kg or 119 lbs
Boyfriend / Spouse
Ali has dated –
- Oscar Dawson (2013–Present) – Ali had first met Australian music producer and film composer Oscar Dawson in 2013 when the two were collaborating on the lyrics of a song. The two began dating soon after and got married in early 2016. Oscar has served as the producer of her 2nd and 3rd EPs as well as of her debut album. The couple also runs an independent record label named Ronnie Records.
Race / Ethnicity
She is of Irish descent.
- Petite frame
- Shoulder-length, straight hair
- Has a mole on her neck and one above her lips
- Infectious smile
- Gleaming face
Ali Barter Favorite Things
- Travel Destination – India
- Music Groups – Weezer, Land Of Talk, No Doubt, Hole
- Singers – Cat Power, Juliana Hatfield, Liz Phair
Ali Barter Facts
- Born in Melbourne, Ali spent much of her childhood in the city of Lae in Papua New Guinea where her father used to work. Her family later relocated to Australia and after a few years in Cairns, they eventually settled back in Melbourne.
- Ali had received training as a classical vocalist and had sung in the Australian Girls Choir for more than 8 years. She had left music in her mid-teens and become a ‘problem girl’ in her own words. She returned to writing and performing at the age of 24 after the sudden demise of her father.
- In 2013, she won the Triple J radio station’s Unearthed award, a musical talent discovery initiative.
- In December 2016, she wrote an op-ed piece for a media website called Junkee, titled It’s About F*cking Time We Gave Female Musicians the Credit They Deserve. The write-up garnered significant attention on social media and was re-tweeted by Yoko Ono.
Featured Image by Ali Barter / Instagram