|Andre Ward Quick Info|
|Date of Birth||February 23, 1984|
Andre Ward is an American former professional boxer known for his successful boxing career. He has won various championships like the United States Amateur Middleweight Championship and the United States Amateur Light Heavyweight Championship. Andre has done endorsement work for popular brands like EPIX, Beast Mode Apparel, and Shoe Palace. He has a huge social media fan base with more than 500k followers on Instagram and more than 300k followers on Twitter.
Andre Michael Ward
S.O.G. (“Son of God”)
San Francisco, California, United States
Danville, California, United States
Andre Ward attended the Hayward High School in the East Bay.
Former Professional Boxer
- Father – Frank Ward (Boxer)
- Mother – Madeline Arvie Taylor
- Siblings – Jonathan Ward (Brother)
- Others – Harold Ward (Paternal Grandfather), Florence B (Paternal Grandmother)
Andre Ward is represented by Roc Nation Sports.
6 ft or 183 cm
75 kg or 165 lbs
Girlfriend / Spouse
Andre Ward has dated –
- Tiffiney Ward (2009-Present) – Andre Ward got married to Tiffiney in 2009 in a low key and romantic wedding ceremony. They had started dating while they were studying in high school. Over the course of their marriage, they have become parents to 3 sons and a daughter. In January 2018, he posted a video on his Instagram account announcing that his wife was pregnant with their 5th child.
Race / Ethnicity
On his father’s side, he has Irish ancestry and on his mother’s side, he is of African-American descent.
- Short trimmed hairdo
- Goatee beard
Andre Ward has used his social media reach to promote a couple of products and brands like –
- Jordan Shoes
- Hingeto, Dropship Solutions
- Beast Mode Apparel
- Shoe Palace
- Double Portion Supply
He is a devout Christian. He has revealed in his interviews that he spends a lot of his free time actively working with the local church.
Best Known For
- His extremely successful career as a professional boxer during which he has competed in 2 weight classes – Super Middleweight and Light Heavyweight. He has managed to win multiple titles in both the classes.
- Having retired from boxing without having lost a single professional boxing match.
First Boxing Match
Andre made his debut as an amateur boxer in 1994.
In December 2004, he made his debut as a pro in a bout against Chris Molina. He went on to win the match in the 2nd round via a knockout.
In 2015, he made his theatrical film debut in the sports drama movie, Creed.
First TV Show
In 2005, Andre Ward made his first TV show appearance as a ringside guest on the sports TV show, ESPN Friday Night Fights.
For his boxing commitments, Andre Ward had a habit of working at least twice every day. He usually scheduled his cardio session in the morning and it used to last for about an hour. For the cardio, he liked to switch between running the hill, a track workout with sprints and intervals, and a pool workout.
In the late afternoon, he used to head to the gym, where he worked for about 3 hours. During these 3 hours, he worked on his game as well as on his strength and conditioning. He had also made Pilates a part of his workout regime. He also followed a healthy and clean diet plan that was loaded with protein sources.
Ever since hanging his gloves, he has relaxed his workout regime as he aims to help his body recover. He has also allowed himself some liberties when it comes to diet.
Andre Ward Favorite Things
- Food – Pasta
- Breakfast Cereal – Granola
- Ice Cream Flavor – Vanilla Bean
- Boxing Inspirations – His father and Roy Jones Jr.
- Fights – Ali-Joe Frazier I & III, Ali-George Foreman, and Floyd Mayweather-Diego Corrales
- Fighter – Muhammad Ali
- Movie – Best of the Best (1989)
- Greatest Sporting Moment – Winning the gold medal at the 2004 Athens Olympics
Source – Boxing Insider
Andre Ward Facts
- His father was also a boxer, who had won 15 fights in the heavyweight category.
- In 2011, The Ring magazine declared him the Fighter of the Year.
- He started his boxing career at the age of 9 after his father took him along to his gym in Oakland, California.
- After his parents started abusing drugs, his godfather Virgil Hunter took care of him and started training him. He remained his trainer till the end of his career.
- As an amateur boxer, he lost his last fight in February 1998 at the age of 13. He finished his amateur career with a record of 115 wins and just 5 losses.
- During his amateur career, he managed to win the United States Amateur Middleweight Championship and the United States Amateur Light Heavyweight Championship. He also won a gold medal at the Athens Olympics.
- He has launched his collection of clothing items under the label of SOG Apparels.
- Andre has done a lot of activism work for his local community. He regularly visits local institutions such as schools, youth facilities, and prisons to inspire young people with his story.
- Visit his official website @ andresogward.com.
- Follow him on Facebook, Twitter, and Instagram.
Featured Image by Andre Ward / Instagram