|Andrew Robertson Quick Info|
|Height||5 ft 10 in|
|Date of Birth||March 11, 1994|
Andrew Robertson is a Scottish professional footballer who plays for the Premier League club Liverpool as a left-back. Robertson, who also captains the Scotland national team, debuted his senior career in 2012 with Queen’s Park and later joined the Dundee United team a year after. Shortly after he officially turned pro, he was named the “SPFA Young Player of the Year” and made his international debut in May 2014. During his time with Queen’s Park, he made a total of 40 appearances and helped the club to finish 3rd place in the Scottish Third Division. At the time, Robertson’s first goal came into view with a 2-1 defeat in a match against East Stirlingshire on November 13, 2012. He was part of Jackie McNamara’s first team during his debut for the club Dundee United.
On September 22, 2013, he scored his first goal for the club in a 2-2 draw against Motherwell. He was a potential player but his contract only lasted until May 2016. Before his exit, he was voted as the SPFL young player of the month for September 2013 and player of the month for November 2013. Robertson also won other awards during his time with Dundee United including the “PFA Scotland Young Player of the Year” award and the “PFA Scotland Team of the Year” award for the 2013-14 Scottish Premiership season. In July 2014, he joined Hull City for £2.85 million before switching to Liverpool in July 2017 for an undisclosed fee. He had a solid start with Liverpool and showed an impressive performance as a left-back with his pace, energy, and crossing ability, making him one of the best left-backs in the world. He made a successful appearance on the UEFA Champions League finals during his first 2 seasons during which he won the 2nd season of 2019. His team was also named the “PFA Team of the Year” for their performances in the 2018-19 Premier League season.
He went to St. Ninian’s High School situated in Giffnock, East Renfrewshire, from 2006 to 2012 during which also acted as the captain for a football team.
- Father – Brian Robertson
Andrew Robertson is represented by Pro Legal Group, Glasgow, Scotland.
26 – Liverpool F.C.
5 ft 10 in or 178 cm
70 kg or 154.5 lbs
Girlfriend / Spouse
Andrew Robertson has dated –
- Rachel Roberts – Andrew Robertson is engaged to Rachel Roberts with whom he has a son named Rocco (b. August 26, 2017) and a daughter named Aria (b. January 2019).
Race / Ethnicity
He is of Scottish descent.
Light Brown (Natural)
- Thick Eyebrows
- Thin Lips
Best Known For
- Playing for the Premier League Club Liverpool
- Acting as captain for the Scotland national team
- His overall achievements and contributions to the football industry
First Football Match
He made his debut match with Queen’s Park and played at the beginning of the 2012-13 season. He debuted for the club to play for the Scottish Challenge Cup in a penalty shootout win in a match against Berwick Rangers.
While Robertson has not specifically shared what his training routine and diet plans are like when he’s preparing for his upcoming matches with his team Liverpool, it’s already a given checklist for them as professional sports athletes. They surely wouldn’t want to hit the field without strict preparations and training as it can hugely impact their performance in the game both as an individual player and as a team.
In an article published on May 29, 2019, Robertson revealed that during his debut with Liverpool, he worked really hard in training to learn everything and to understand what his manager wanted from his fullbacks. Though he has not openly talked about his exact workout parameters to stay fit, healthy, and always on-the-go for his matches, one can guess that he’s probably been following his training and diet routine as a professional football player. A bunch of specific workout executions must be done in order for a football player to improve his speed, agility, and the body’s ability to perform cutting movements since these are some of the most important skills to master when playing football.
Andrew Robertson Favorite Things
- Noise – Waves
Source – YouTube
Andrew Robertson Facts
- His childhood favorite football club was Celtic.
- He was a childhood friend of footballers Jim Duffy and Charlie Nicholas.
- He played for Giffnock Soccer Centre and joined Celtic as a youth but was eventually released under-15 level because he was considered too small.
- In March 2018, he donated a signed Liverpool shirt of his teammate Roberto Firmino to a young boy who had given his pocket money to a local food bank.
- On June 8, 2019, he participated in a UEFA Euro 2020 qualifier round in a match against Cyprus where he scored the opening goal with a long-range strike. The team Scotland finished the game with a 2-1 victory.
- He was appointed as the Scotland captain by manager Alex McLeish in September 2018.
- On June 1, 2019, he played the full 90 minutes of the Champions League final with Liverpool and defeated Tottenham Hotspur, securing the 6th European Cup. Robertson also turned out to be the first Scottish player to win the tournament following Darren Fletcher and also the first on to actually hit the field in a winning team next to Paul Lambert in 1997.
- Robertson made his successful debut with Liverpool in a 1-0 win against Crystal Palace on July 21, 2017, which also earned him the “Man of the Match” award.
- Connect with Andrew Robertson on Facebook, Twitter, and Instagram.
Featured Image by Andrew Robertson / Instagram