|Anthony McPartlin Quick Info|
|Height||5 ft 9 in|
|Date of Birth||November 18, 1975|
Anthony McPartlin is an English TV presenter, producer, rapper, singer, comedian, and actor who is better known for working with Declan Donnelly as the duo Ant & Dec. The two also rose to fame together after appearing in the children’s drama series Byker Grove where they both began to shape their respective careers as television presenters. McPartlin who shares the same amount of success with Donnelly is also known for co-presenting SMTV Live, I’m a Celebrity…Get Me Out of Here!, and Britain’s Got Talent.
Anthony David McPartlin
Newcastle upon Tyne, Tyne and Wear, England, United Kingdom
TV Presenter, TV Producer, Rapper, Singer, Comedian, Actor
He is represented by James Grant Group Ltd., Talent Agency, London, United Kingdom.
Pop, Hip-Hop, Rap
5 ft 9 in or 175 cm
70 kg or 154.5 lbs
Girlfriend / Spouse
Anthony McPartlin has dated –
- Lisa Armstrong (2006-2018) – Anthony McPartlin and Lisa Armstrong got married on July 22, 2006. Following 11 years of marriage, the two formally announced their separation on January 15, 2018.
Race / Ethnicity
He is of English descent.
- Small Lips
- Thick Eyebrows
- Round Face
Anthony McPartlin Facts
- He made his television debut on the children’s workshop program Why Don’t You? but his breakthrough came when playing the character of PJ in the CBBC series Byker Grove.
- He first met Donnelly on Byker Grove who was cast in the part of Duncan. They then built a close friendship on the program and both performed as their characters until their exit from the show in 1993.
- After departing from Byker Grove, he went on to continue working with Donnelly on television, eventually making them the presenting duo of Ant & Dec. They continued working together until they started to branch out into a series of game shows such as Friends Like These, PokerFace, and Push the Button.
- McPartlin continued to work with Donnelly in acting. Together, they starred in a tribute to The Likely Lads which came into view in the form of a remake of an episode from the show’s sequel Whatever Happened to the Likely Lads? entitled “No Hiding Place”. The duo also starred together in the film Alien Autopsy in 2006.
- In April 2009, And & Dec achieved an international exposure when the duo served as backstage commentators for Britain’s Got Talent during which they interviewed contestant, Susan Boyle, whose audition clip turned out to be one of the most-viewed videos on YouTube and whose record album became a huge success and a chart-topping one that made rounds on sales charts in different countries.
- McPartlin and Donelly are supporters of the charity Sunshine Fund. Following the massive success of their song Let’s Get Ready to Rhumble which peaked to no. 1, Ant & Dec donated the funds to the charity ChildLine.
- In 2007, McPartlin and Donnelly signed a £30 million two and a half year contract with ITV.
- In 2015, he was admitted to the hospital for an operation intended for his knee injury. However, he was advised to take prescription drugs to fight the pain after the surgery was botched. In the course of 2 years, he became addicted to drugs which also came with alcohol addiction. McPartlin sought treatment for his addiction in June 2017 and checked himself in rehabilitation for 2 months.
- On March 18, 2018, he was involved in a road traffic collision in London and was arrested under the suspicion of drunk-driving. He later pleaded guilty at Wimbledon Magistrate’s Court but was banned from driving for 20 months and was fined £86,000, which turned out to be Britain’s highest penalty given for drunk-driving.
Featured Image by Lyn Baxter / Flickr / CC BY 2.0