Aubrey Christina Plaza
Wilmington, Delaware, U.S.
In 2002, she graduated from Ursuline Academy in Wilmington, Delaware.
Later, in 2006, she graduated from New York University‘s Tisch School of the Arts.
Television, film, Stand-up comedian
- Father – David Plaza (Financial Advisor)
- Mother – Bernadette (Attorney)
- Siblings – Renee (Younger Sister), Natalie (Younger Sister)
5 ft 6 in or 168 cm
54 kg or 119 pounds
Boyfriend / Spouse
Aubrey is dating writer and director Jeff Baena since January 2014.
Race / Ethnicity
She has Puerto Rican ancestry on her dad’s side, while she is of Irish and English descent on her mother’s side.
34-25-36 in or 86-63.5-91.5 cm
2 (US) or 34 (EU) or 6 (UK)
8 (US) or 38.5 (EU)
She has appeared in commercials for Microsoft, Ring Pop, World of Warcraft and others.
Her religious beliefs are not known.
Best Known For
Playing April Ludgate on the NBC’s comedy show Parks and Recreation since 2009, as Darius Britt in the comedy film Safety Not Guaranteed (2012).
She appeared in the 2006 short film Killswitch for her role as Girl with Head Wound.
First TV Show
In 2006, she guest appeared in NBC’s satirical television sitcom 30 Rock for her role as NBC page in an episode titled “Tracy Does Conan”.
She is not a morning person. She tries to sleep as late as she can (generally wakes up at 11 am), if she is not working. Otherwise, Aubrey gets up at 6 am. So, she prefers Brunch more than breakfast.
Regarding workout, she likes to do stretches and yoga.
Aubrey Plaza Favorite Things
- Comedian – Louis C. K.
Source – IMDb
Aubrey Plaza Facts
- She was named after the song “Aubrey” by Bread.
- She was the only one in her high school of such a diverse background.
- Considering her cousins and other relatives, her family is really big. She has huge number of cousins in Puerto Rico on her father’s side.
- Aubrey has worked in Wilmington Drama League productions.
- In 2004, Plaza suffered from a stroke and it caused temporary paralysis and expressive aphasia to her. Now, she has recovered fully.
- To play April Ludgate on TV show Parks and Recreation, she got the inspiration from her younger sister Natalie.
- She had never done stand-up comedy before appearing in Funny People (2009).
- Being having Puerto Rican roots, she is not comfortable in the Spanish language.
- Visit her official website @ aubreyplaza.tumblr.com.
- Follow Aubrey on Twitter.