|Aunjanue Ellis Quick Info|
|Height||5 ft 9 in|
|Date of Birth||February 21, 1969|
Aunjanue Ellis is an American actress who rose to fame by her role as Miranda Shaw in the American crime-drama series Quantico (2015-2017), Vicki Anderson in the 2014 American biographical drama film Get on Up, Jo Brashear in the American drama film Men of Honor (2000). She has won numerous awards for her superior acting skills like Black Reel Award and Canadian Screen Award.
Aunjanue L. Ellis
San Francisco, California, United States
Ellis went to Tougaloo College and completed her bachelor’s degree of arts in African-American studies from Brown University. She later attended a Graduate Acting Program at the Tisch School of the Arts in the New York University.
- Father – Unknown
- Mother – Unknown
- Siblings – Sasha Ellis (Sister)
Aunjanue Ellis is represented by ICM Partners.
5 ft 9 in or 175 cm
60 kg or 132 lbs
Boyfriend / Spouse
Aunjanue Ellis has not publicly dated anyone yet.
Race / Ethnicity
- Bulbous Nose
- Fuller Lips
Aunjanue Ellis has not done endorsement work for any brand yet.
Best Known For
- Playing Jo Brashear in the American drama film Men of Honor (2000), Vicki Anderson in the biographical drama film Get on Up (2014), and Nancy Turner in the American-Canadian historical drama film The Birth of a Nation (2016)
- Portraying the character of Miranda Shaw in the American crime-drama series Quantico (2015-2017)
Aunjanue Ellis made her theatrical film debut in the comedy-drama film Girls Town in 1995.
First TV Show
She made her first TV show appearance on the crime-drama series New York Undercover in 1995 as Claudia.
Aunjanue Ellis Facts
- She was brought up in McComb, Mississippi at her grandmother’s farm.
- In 2010, Ellis was honored with the Rising Star Award from Delta Sigma Theta.
- She portrayed the role of Leslie Joyner in the ABC police drama series High Incident from 1996 to 1997.
- Jim Barnhill and John Emigh were her classmates.
- Aunjanue began acting in her school plays.
- She has appeared in several stage shows and plays. Ellis’s first appearance was in 1995 as Ariel in the Broadway revival of William Shakespeare’s The Tempest.
- Follow her on Facebook and Twitter.
Featured Image by Canadian Film Centre / Flickr / CC BY-2.0