|Benjamin Pavard Quick Info|
|Height||6 ft 1 in|
|Date of Birth||March 28, 1996|
Benjamin Pavard is a French professional soccer player known for having played under popular football clubs like LOSC Lille and VfB Stuttgart. His inclusion in the playing 11 at the start of the 2018 World Cup was best met with the shrug of shoulders. The football experts had also previously questioned his decision to move to Stuttgart. But, his performances that included his steady and composed performances in the defense have completely changed opinions and perceptions regarding him. He has a huge social media fan base with more than 1 million followers on Instagram.
Benjamin Pavard honed his skills at the youth academy of the French club, Lille. He joined the Lille’s Football Boarding School at the age of 10.
Professional Soccer Player
- Father – Unknown
- Mother – Unknown
- Siblings – He is the only son.
Benjamin Pavard is represented by Carmenta.
Right Back, Center Back
28 – LOSC Lille
21 – VfB Stuttgart
2 – France National Team
6 ft 1 in or 185.5 m
78 kg or 172 lbs
Girlfriend / Spouse
Benjamin Pavard has dated –
- Rachel Legrain-Trapani (2018-Present) – The reports of Pavard dating beauty queen, Rachel Legrain-Trapani, who is also the former Miss France winner, first emerged in the early months of 2018. The cause of these relationship rumors was their social media activity in which they indulged in subtle flirting. Rachel eventually confirmed their relationship in May 2018. She was then spotted cheering him at the 2018 FIFA World Cup. He was even spotted kissing her in the stands after the Argentina match, which made him a star in his native country.
Race / Ethnicity
He has French ancestry.
Benjamin Pavard has a personal endorsement deal with the sportswear giant, Adidas. Because of the deal, he wears their footwear for his professional matches. He also uses his social media activity to promote their products.
His religious views aren’t known publicly.
Best Known For
His stunning volleyed goal against Argentina in France’s World Cup’s ‘Round of 16’ match in 2018 World Cup. The ball arrived on the bounce at the edge of the box and he arrowed his shot into the top right corner to bring his side level in the match.
First Soccer Match
- In January 2015, he made his professional debut with Lille in their Ligue 1 match against FC Nantes. The match ended in a 1-1 draw.
- In October 2016, he made his first appearance for VfB Stuttgart in their 2. Bundesliga against SpVgg Greuther Fürth, which ended in a 4-0 victory with Pavard scoring as well.
- He made his Bundesliga debut in August 2017 in Stuttgart’s match against Hertha BSC, which ended in a 2-0 defeat.
- In November 2017, Pavard made his international debut in a friendly match against Wales at the Stade de France. He was sent in as Christophe Jallet’s replacement at the halftime.
He hasn’t been cast in any theatrical film yet.
First TV Show
Apart from the broadcast of the soccer matches, Benjamin Pavard hasn’t appeared on any TV show yet.
His workout routine and diet plan aren’t known.
Benjamin Pavard Favorite Things
His favorite things aren’t known.
Benjamin Pavard Facts
- In August 2016, he left Lille to move to VfB Stuttgart. He signed a 4-year contract with the German club. However, his decision to join a club playing in the 2nd tier of the German soccer was widely criticized.
- In his debut season with Stuttgart, he played 21 matches as his side won the 2. Bundesliga. He played in various positions including right back, center back, and central midfielder.
- In December 2017, he signed a contract extension with Stuttgart to extend his stay with the club until June 2021.
- In the 2017-18 season, he was one of the 4 players to have played every second in the Bundesliga. His side finished in the 7th position in their first season back in the German top flight.
- After he scored against Argentina in the 2018 FIFA World Cup, he became the first French defender since Lilian Thuram, who scored in the semi-final of 1998 World Cup, to score in a world cup match.
- With his stunning performances at the 2018 FIFA World Cup, he was linked with a host of leading European clubs such as Arsenal and Manchester United.
- Follow him on Facebook, Twitter, and Instagram.
Featured Image by Cyril Venediktov / www.soccer.ru / CC BY-SA 3.0