|Dan Ewing Quick Info|
|Date of Birth||June 3, 1985|
Dan Ewing is an Australian actor, best known for appearing in Home and Away TV series as Reuben Humphries in 2007. After a two-year break, he came back to acting, first in 2009 in Power Rangers RPM as Dillon the Black Ranger, and then back to Home and Away in 2010, but with a larger role of Heath Braxton. He announced he will leave the series in December 2013, but reprised his role in Home and Away: An Eye for an Eye (2015) and then came back to the series in 2 more feature-length specials in 2016 and 2017. Other notable roles were in Beast No More (2018), and sci-fi action film Occupation (2018) with Temuera Morrison, as well as Chasing Comets the same year, where he played the role of Chase. Dan also appeared in Dancing with the Stars TV show in 2011, where his partner was Luda Kroitor but they were eliminated in the 5th week of the competition.
Daniel M. Ewing
Manly, New South Wales, Australia
- Forestville, New South Wales, Australia
- Sydney, Australia
Dan Ewing went to Marist College North Shore and took part in various musicals during his education, which inspired him to become an actor.
He was also awarded a National Institute of Dramatic Art (NIDA) scholarship in 2018.
- Father – Unknown
- Mother – Unknown (Voluntary Organization Worker)
- Siblings – He has 3 siblings.
- Others – Greg (Grandfather)
Dan Ewing is represented by –
- Benchmark Creative Management talent agency, Moore Park, North South Wales, Australia
- LINK Entertainment located in Los Angeles, California, United States
6 ft or 183 cm
78 kg or 172 lbs
Girlfriend / Spouse
He has dated –
- Marni Little (2011-2016) – He was dating the publicist Marni Little for some time before September 2011, when they got engaged. A year later, on December 15, 2012, the pair got married. Two years later, in September of 2014, the pair had a son together, named Archer Grason Ewing. He was born with an emergency c-section, and Marni’s labor lasted for 27 hours, but they were very happy since the pair suffered a miscarriage in October 2013. Unfortunately, their marriage didn’t work out in the end, and they separated in December 2015.
- Katrina Risteska (2016-Present) – The same year he got divorced from his wife, on August 22, 2016, he started dating an actor and dancer Katrina Risteska. They met at the set of Home and Away. He claimed that she really influenced him to look at a positive side of life and that she was the hardest-working, loveliest person. She even had a guest role in one of the movies he starred, named Occupation (2018).
Race / Ethnicity
Dan is of Australian descent.
- Athletic, tall physique
- Often has stubble or a beard
- Short haircut
- Often wears tailored suits
He hasn’t done any brand endorsements yet.
Best Known For
- His performance in the TV series Home and Away (2007-2017), where he played the roles of Reuben Humphries in 2017, and Heath Braxton between 2011 and 2017
- Appearing as Dillon the Black Ranger in Power Rangers R.P.M. TV Series (2009)
- Starring in Chasing Comets (2018) as Chase
- Playing a character of Matt Simmons in Occupation (2018)
- Starring in a sci-fi film 1 (2019) as Darren
His film debut was a movie Dead Meat released in 2004, where he played a Castle Zombie and was credited as Daniel Ewing.
First TV Show
He made his TV show debut in an episode of Rescue Special Ops TV series, named Rave, in 2009, as a character named Jack.
Dan Ewing Favorite Things
- Sports – Gym, Basketball, Swimming, Soccer
Dan Ewing Facts
- He was born in Manly, New South Wales, Australia, but grew up in Forestville, New South Wales, Australia.
- He is best known for his appearance in Home and Away TV series made by Seven Network, from 2007 until 2017. However, he initially had a minor role as Reuben Humphries during 2007 and had a two-year break until 2009, where he returned as Health Braxton and stayed until 2014 as a series regular. That year, he announced he would quit in order to pursue other projects in Australia, his home country.
- He came back to Home and Away series later but in the form of feature-length specials. In 2015, that was Home and Away: An Eye for an Eye, then Home and Away: Revenge on December 19, 2016, and finally Home and Away: All or Nothing on January 26, 2017.
- Dan starred in an Australian feature film named Red Billabong in 2016 as a character named Nick.
- He was seen filming a TV series named Society, and Occupation Rainfall, both in early 2019. The movie is a sequel to Occupation from 2018, where he also starred.
- He had a guest appearance in the TV series Harrow in 2018. Dan appeared in an episode named Lex Talionis as a character named Rallings.
- Despite getting divorced in late 2015 or early 2016, he has stayed good friends with his ex-wife, Marni Little, for the sake of the kid they have together, Archie.
- A report was filed against him on October 21, 2018, because he allegedly refused to drop off his son to Marni’s husband without her presence there. He appeared in Manly Local Court on November 6, 2018, and received an apprehended violence order or AVO. He received another AVO 3 days earlier as well, only this time it had steeper consequences – he had to keep away from Marni’s home.
- In a KIIS FM’s Kyle & Jackie O Show in 2016, 3 months after the split, Dan said that his marriage failed because he was “a grumpy old fool” and that he was unhappy with himself, which carried over to his family, and that he didn’t appreciate what he had.
- Apart from acting in TV series and movies, Dan is also a theater and soap opera actor and started his career that way in 2003.
- In 2003, he appeared in 3 plays in the McDonald Theatre Company in Sydney, Australia, and all were musicals. Those were Les Miserables, where he had the role of Brujon, Godspell where he was credited as a Singer, and Jesus Christ Superstar where he played Judas. All 3 were directed by Anthony McDonald.
- Follow him on Facebook, Twitter, and Instagram.
Featured Image by Dan Ewing / Instagram