|Daniel Ong Quick Info|
|Height||5 ft 5 in|
|Date of Birth||December 27, 1975|
|Girlfriend||Fay Fay Tan|
Daniel Ong is a Singaporean radio DJ, businessman, motivational speaker, and actor, best known as the former radio DJ for the MediaCorp’s Radio 987FM Singaporean English-speaking radio station. He is also known as a very successful businessman and entrepreneur, having founded a cupcakery Twelve Cupcakes in 2011, which quickly became the #1 cupcakery in Singapore. In 2017, Daniel sold the company to an Indian tea company for $2.5 million and focused on his other business ventures such as Cookies For Sid and Junbi, Dulce And Sucre, and Mischief, an American street food company that he founded in 2015.
He is also active within companies such as Brewlander Beer, DAGNC, and Rookery, which he started in 2014. Daniel has also worked with Woohoo.co, a social media advertising agency with more than 200 influencers, and started his own media business titled DanielOngLive, where he focused on motivational speaking and provided his invaluable expertise and personal experience with starting and leading multiple businesses. He has also amassed a social media fanbase consisting of more than 40k followers on Twitter as well as more than 20k followers on Instagram.
Daniel Ong Ming Yu
Daniel attended North View Secondary School in Yishun, Singapore, and graduated as class of 1992.
Radio DJ, Actor, Businessman, Actor, Motivational Speaker
- Father – Unknown
- Mother – Linda Ong
- Siblings – Unknown
5 ft 5 in or 165 cm
70 kg or 154.5 lbs
Girlfriend / Spouse
Daniel Ong has dated –
- Jean Danker (2003-2005) – Daniel started dating the Singaporean DJ who worked for MediaCorp, the same radio company as him in 2003. They dated for almost 2 years before breaking up in 2005.
- Jaime Teo (2005-2016) – His longest and the most prominent relationship was with the Miss Universe Singapore and Channel 8 actress, and co-founder of the Twelve Cupcakes company with him, Jaime Teo. After 2 years of dating, in July 2007, the two announced their engagement, and by September 2007, they were already married. Daniel and Jaime also had another wedding ceremony in April 2008. The two also have a daughter named Renee (b. April 2010). Unfortunately, their divorce was finalized on December 31, 2016, but they promised to co-parent their daughter and give her as normal a childhood as possible.
- Linda Lee (2017) – Following his divorce, Daniel was interviewed by various Singaporean web portals. He said that his heart had been shattered and that his days post-divorce felt dark and bleak, forcing him to turn to alcohol as a coping mechanism. However, he got a grip on life for the sake of his daughter Renee and began embracing a positive mindset and following a simple 5-minute rule. Not too long after that, he met Linda, a well-known Singaporean makeup artist. Both of them were both extremely happy to have found each other, and boasted on their social media of their connection. Unfortunately, the two went their separate ways at some point.
- Fay Fay Tan (2018-Present) – In late 2018, Daniel shared that he traveled to Liverpool, England, United Kingdom, and finally met with Fay Fay and that both of them went from being 2 lonely people to a happy couple. She is a teacher at an art school named Art Chamber – Keep Your Artitude, located in Piccadilly, Singapore. They began traveling together a lot as well, taking Dan’s daughter as well and shared numerous pictures from Bali, Indonesia.
Race / Ethnicity
He is of Chinese and Singaporean descent.
Slicked back haircut
Daniel Ong has endorsed brands such as –
- Humpback Restaurant (2019)
- Carlsberg Beer (2019)
- Shake Shack (2019)
- Nike (2019)
- SONOS (2019)
Best Known For
- Being an award-winning radio DJ for the MediaCorp Radio 987FM
- Co-creating a Singaporean cupcakery chain named Twelve Cupcakes, which he sold in 2017, as well as brands such as Dulce And Sucre and Brewlander
- His role of Kiasee in the TV series Mr. Kiasu in 2001 and co-hosting the Singapore Idol talent competition in 2004
First TV Show
Daniel Ong made his first TV show appearance as Kiasee in an episode of the series Mr. Kiasu in 2001.
Daniel tries going to the gym in his spare time, as much as his multi-business obligations allow him. In late February 2018, he accepted to a 99-day fitness challenge from one of his best friends. He began working out almost every single day but didn’t change his diet a lot, only adding a little more of vegetables.
In 99 days, Daniel went from 78 kg to 73.5 kg and got back his health and endurance. This short-term goal motivated him to stick to a similar workout routine so that he never gets back to his old weight. For that reason, he incorporated 1-hour intense swimming sessions in the afternoon a few times a week.
Daniel Ong Favorite Things
- Drink – Coffee, Beer
- Food Brand – KFC
- Food – Clams With Lemon, Oyster, Sushi, Beef
- Sport – Soccer
- Sports Club – Liverpool
- Animals – Dog, Pony, Horse
- Personal Quote – “Be curious. You are the sum of all your experiences.”
Daniel Ong Facts
- He and his co-host, DJ and rapper named Sheikh Haikel were penalized for making inappropriate remarks in 2004. A young male listener asked them for advice on how to attract a girl he liked, and Sheikh, in particular, went overboard.
- As a result of those lewd remarks, Daniel was suspended for a bit while his co-host was asked to leave, and MediaCorp company paid a $30k fine.
- In 2006, Daniel hosted National Day Parade, as well as other important radio events in Singapore.
- Daniel won Singapore radio awards in 2006, 2007, 2008, and 2010 for being the most friendly and most popular radio personality.
- He also hosted a radio show titled Dan and Young Show on MediaCorp’s Radio 987FM every weekday, from 5 AM to 10 AM, alongside Young Leong.
- He has a Golden Retriever dog named Cino.
- In 2009 and 2010, Daniel was the lead manager of his radio station for about 15 months in a row. This resulted in a lot of overworking, as he was a radio host at the same time. Since he wasn’t able to juggle his daily job with his entrepreneurship and the need to tend to his daughter, he left the station on January 22, 2010.
- Daniel briefly came back to host a show titled The Wrong Way Home on Radio 91.3FM in 2011 but left again very quickly.
- In 2012, Daniel was forced to write a very angry letter to his next-door neighbor that had been doing very aggressive construction work for 6 months consecutively.
- Daniel never had a dad in his life, which left him with no basis on how to be a great father himself. He trusts the advice he saw and read in books and movies throughout his life.
- He was in the room during his wife’s labor and witnessed the birth of his daughter.
- His daughter is his priority, and he plans meetings and jobs around the time he has to spend with her.
- Daniel enjoys time with his daughter by going to the beach or to the zoo, as well as taking walks in nature, camping, and cycling together.
- He wakes up at 7 AM every morning and has multiple breaks between meetings so he can be a devoted single parent.
- Daniel has to drink at least 5 cups of coffee per day in order to function properly.
- If he could have a superpower, it would be reading people’s minds.
- He would tell his 16-year-old self to have better haircut and hair in general.
- Daniel wants people to remember him as “fun, loving, and someone to talk to.”
- Follow him on Instagram, Twitter, Facebook, and YouTube.
Featured Image by Daniel Ong / Instagram