|Derek Luke Quick Info|
|Height||5 ft 11 in|
|Date of Birth||April 24, 1974|
|Spouse||Sophia Adella Luke|
Derek Luke is an American actor known for appearing in popular TV shows and films like Captain America and Antwone Fisher. He also appeared in the music video of Teenage Love Affair in 2008. He has a huge social media fan base with more than 300k followers on Instagram and more than 100k followers on Twitter.
Jersey City, New Jersey, United States
Los Angeles, California, United States
Derek attended Henry Snyder High School and graduated in 1993. He was a freshman at Linden High School before deciding to pursue his childhood dream of acting.
- Father – Maurice Luke (Actor)
- Mother – Marjorie Dixon (Pianist)
- Siblings – Maurice Luke (Brother), Daniel Luke (Brother)
Derek Luke is represented by Artist and Brand Management.
5 ft 11 in or 180 cm
82 kg or 181 lbs
Girlfriend / Spouse
Derek Luke has dated –
- Sophia Adella Luke (1990s-Present) – Actress Sophia began dating Derek in the early 90s. The two courted for nearly 8 years before tying the knot in 1998. The couple is happily married and is blessed with a child.
Race / Ethnicity
Derek has African American roots on his mother’s side and Afro-Guyanese ancestry on his father’s side.
He hasn’t done endorsement work for any brand yet.
Derek has not spoken about his religious beliefs publicly.
Best Known For
His role in the movie Captain America as Gabe Jones and his role as Antwone Fisher which won him various accolades
Derek Luke made his theatrical film debut in the drama biopic Antwone Fisher as the lead Antwone Fisher in 2002.
First TV Show
Derek Luke made his television show debut on the comedy show The King of Queens in 1999.
His workout routine and diet plan aren’t known.
Derek Luke Favorite Things
His favorite things are unknown.
Derek Luke Facts
- He always aspired to be an actor.
- Derek revealed that he was sexually abused when he was young.
- He made a cameo appearance in Alicia Keys‘ music video, Teenage Love Affair in 2008.
- His parents divorced when Derek was in 3rd grade and he was primarily raised by his mother.
- He revealed that he traveled and changed schools frequently owing to his mother’s profession.
- Follow Derek on Instagram, Facebook, and Twitter.
Featured Image by Derek Luke / Instagram