|Dolunay Soysert Quick Info|
|Height||5 ft 8 in|
|Date of Birth||March 25, 1973|
Dolunay Soysert is a Turkish actress who is known for having been cast as Sumru in the TV drama series, Don’t Let Go of My Hand, as Leyla Sarman Özdemir in the action drama series, Kayip, and as Canan Güngör in the TV romantic drama series, Bana Sevmeyi Anlat. She has also appeared in a number of other shows such as 7YUZ, Kayitdisi, Çifte Saadet, Kehribar, Seddülbahir 32 Saat, Urfaliyam Ezelden, Magnificent Century, Yol Ayrimi, Adanali, Benim annem bir meleki, Hadji, My Baby, Yine de asigim, Kirik kalpler duragi, Omuz omuza, Bir Istanbul masali, and Beyaz Show. Moreover, Dolunay Soysert has also been a part of several movies which include the likes of Salkim Hanim’in Taneleri, Kalbin zamani, Zor adam, Yürek çigligi, Ilk Ask, Mavi Gözlü Dev, Veda – Atatürk, Orada, Yarim kalan mucize, and Kiddo the Hacker. She has won a couple of awards, such as 9. Afife Theatre Award and 9. Eyüpoğlu Theatre Meeting Award, for her acting finesse as well. Dolunay Soysert has also garnered a huge social media fan base with more than 500k followers on Instagram and keeps her fans updated by uploading pictures from her daily life.
Dolunay Soysert studied at Istanbul University located in Istanbul, Turkey and graduated with a degree in Archeology and Art History. She has also taken theatre lessons at Müjdat Gezen Art Center.
- Father – Unknown
- Mother – Unknown
- Siblings – Unknown
5 ft 8 in or 173 cm
54 kg or 119 lbs
Boyfriend / Spouse
Dolunay Soysert has dated –
- Sinan Tuzcu (2006-2016) – Dolunay Soysert got married to actor and writer, Sinan Tuzcu, on July 9, 2006. He is known for having been cast in several shows such as Sen Anlat Karadeniz, Back Streets, Babam ve Ailesi, Love and Punishment, and Ihlamurlar altinda. The duo was married for around a decade and was seen together on various occasions before they decided to part ways and finally separated in the year 2016.
Race / Ethnicity
- Beautiful locks
- Charming smile
Best Known For
- Having been cast as Sumru in the TV drama series, Don’t Let Go of My Hand (from 2018), in which she starred alongside the likes of Alp Navruz, Alina Boz, Seray Gözler, Cemre Gümeli, Ertugrul Postoglu, and Burak Tamdogan
- Playing the role of Canan Güngör in the TV romantic drama series, Bana Sevmeyi Anlat, from 2016 to 2017
- Appearing as Leyla Sarman Özdemir in the TV action drama series, Kayip (2013-2015), in which she starred along with actors such as Mete Horozoglu, Asli Enver, Kaan Tasaner, and Ilker Kaleli
- Having been cast in a variety of roles in a number of movies which include her playing the role of Gülten/Maid in Salkim Hanim’in Taneleri, Young Belkis in Kalbin zamani, Asli in Yürek çigligi, Aysel in Ilk Ask, Piraye in Mavi Gözlü Dev, Neslihan Gumus in Orada, Zübeyde Hanim in Veda – Atatürk, Mualla Eyuboglu in Yarim kalan mucize, Zuhal in Ember, and Umut’s Mother in Kiddo the Hacker
Dolunay Soysert made her first theatrical film appearance in the drama film, Sekizinci saat, in 1995. Her co-stars in the film included the likes of Zuhal Gencer, David Grabias, Kutay Köktürk, Gül Madenci, and Özlem Savas.
First TV Show
Dolunay Soysert made her first TV show appearance by playing the role of Mihrace in the fantasy romantic comedy series, Çilgin Bedis, in 1996.
She stays in shape by leading an active life and eating healthy.
Dolunay Soysert Facts
- She grew up in Turkey.
- After taking theatre lessons at Müjdat Gezen Art Center, Dolunay Soysert was a part of the Istanbul City Theatre for 4 years.
- She has been associated with the Sally Johnson Studio located in the United States for around 4 years.
- In 2005, Dolunay Soysert was awarded the 9. Afife Theatre Award in the “Most Successful Actress of the Year” category.
- She won the 9. Eyüpoğlu Theatre Meeting Award in 2007 in the “Best Theatre Artist of the Year” category.
- In 2016, Dolunay Soysert was cast as Hülya in the TV family comedy series, Çifte Saadet.
- In English, her first name ‘Dolunay’ translates to “Full Moon”.
- Follow Dolunay Soysert on Instagram.
Featured Image by Dolunay Soysert / Instagram