|Drew Lynch Quick Info|
|Height||5 ft 4 in|
|Date of Birth||August 10, 1991|
Drew Lynch is an American stand-up comedian, screenwriter, social media star, actor, and TV personality, best known for his appearance on the 10th season of the NBC reality-TV show, America’s Got Talent in 2015. He presented himself as a stand-up comedian with a stutter, an unlikely combination, but won the audience’s hearts with his main goal, to prove that positive things can still come out of negative situations. After he became the 1st performer on that season to get a Golden Buzzer, sending him straight to quarterfinals, Drew reached the finals. Unfortunately, he was eliminated by a Judges’ Vote, and ended up a runner-up (in 2nd place) to Paul Zerdin, a ventriloquist, who won the prize of $1 million. Luckily, the publicity made him a massively sought-after stand-up comedian, and he began touring across the United States.
It also brought attention to his YouTube channel, created on February 28, 2012, initially under the name “WordsRHard”, which has amassed a fanbase of more than 2 million subscribers. He became known for his Dog Vlog video series and flash animation series Therapy Dog both of which feature his service dog named Stella, who also became a ‘celebrity’ of her own. His fanbase fell in love with Stella, born March 3, 2013, of Vizsla breed, for her moody behavior, often made funnier by comments and captions placed by Drew above her head while editing the video. He has also appeared in TV series such as Dogs & Me (2015), Maron (2016), and Cassandra French’s Finishing School (2017). Drew has also amassed a large fanbase online with more than 2 million followers on Facebook, more than 600k followers on Instagram, and more than 200k followers on Twitter.
Indianapolis, Indiana, United States
- Las Vegas, Nevada, United States
- Los Angeles, California, United States
He attended a regular high school and a performing arts middle school simultaneously.
Drew finished the 1st year of college while he was still in high school. His goal was to postpone going to college for 1 year while he tried out his luck as an actor.
Stand-Up Comedian, TV Personality, Screenwriter, Social Media Star, Actor
- Father – Tim Lynch (Works in Water Heater Manufacturing)
- Mother – Chris Lynch (Insurance Worker)
- Siblings – Taylor Lynch (Younger Brother), Monica Lynch (Younger Sister), McKailyn Lynch (Younger Sister) (Cashier, Racetrack Worker, Concessions Stand Worker, College Student)
Drew Lynch is represented by Levity Entertainment Group (Talent Agent) in Los Angeles, California, United States.
5 ft 4 in or 162.5 cm
65 kg or 143.5 lbs
Girlfriend / Spouse
Drew Lynch has dated –
- Melanie Sergiev (2018-Present) – He made the relationship with Melanie official in June 2018. Both she and Drew are in love with outdoor activities including hiking, running, and even cross-country skiing. They’re both also passionate about animals and have a running joke that they nearly broke up when she taught him how to drive stick-shift. Drew also joked about Melanie expecting him to marry her after they attended a wedding of their mutual friends in March 2019.
- During the time his softball accident happened, in late 2011, Drew dated another girl, who worked 3 jobs to help support him, but they later broke up.
Race / Ethnicity
He is of American descent.
Drew Lynch has endorsed brands such as –
- Raid Smartphone App
Best Known For
- Finishing up in 2nd place in 10th season of the family, music, game-show series, America’s Got Talent in 2015
- Starring in TV series such as Dogs & Me (2015) as Billy, Maron (2016) as Adam, and Cassandra French’s Finishing School (2017) as Doug
- His social media fanbase with more than 2 million followers on Facebook, more than 2 million subscribers on YouTube, and more than 600k followers on Instagram
Drew Lynch made his feature film debut as Kyle in Secret Santa in 2018.
First Web Show
Drew Lynch made his first web show appearance as Bill in the Bah HumBug episode of the comedy series, Totally Megan, in August 2017.
First TV Show
Drew Lynch made his first TV show appearance as ‘Himself’ in the family, music, game-show series, America’s Got Talent, in August 2015.
Drew Lynch Favorite Things
- Color – Blue
- Comedian – Louis C.K.
- Food – Pizza
- TV Show – The Office (2005-2013)
- Holiday – Martin Luther King Jr.’s Day, on January 20
Drew Lynch Facts
- He was born through a C-section.
- When he was 8 years old, his whole family moved from Indianapolis, Indiana, to Las Vegas, Nevada, United States.
- He moved to Los Angeles, California, United States when he was 19 years old to pursue his passion for acting. He auditioned and filmed during the day, and worked at a comedy club at night.
- The comedy club he worked at had a softball team of its own, and because he played baseball growing up, he decided to join. However, in October 2011, during a game in the coed softball league, an incident that changed his life happened. A girl who was around 4 ft 11 in or 150 cm, and played a grounder, hit him in the throat with the ball, and he fell and hit his head. The doctors told him he had a vocal contusion and a concussion, but that he would recover within around 2 weeks.
- Unfortunately, Drew doesn’t remember the day he was injured, and whatever he knows, he learned from his roommate. He had no history of stuttering prior, but the damage to his vocal cord made him speak slower, and he couldn’t even touch his thumb to other fingers. Even though doctors told him his voice would get better in 2 weeks, it took years for his voice to experience significant progress. Drew also struggled with the fact that he couldn’t speak the way he used to, and that he lost control of his voice, mainly because no one would hire him as an actor.
- He had a lot of success in Disney and Nickelodeon because of his youthful looks, and also landed a role on How I Met Your Mother before his injury. In fact, he thinks How I Met Your Mother (2005-2014) is a better show than Friends (1994-2004).
- Prior to his injury, Drew did get on-stage at the comedy club he worked at, but just to mess around. After the incident, stand-up comedians suggested he get on-stage and talk about it, but he had no idea how to write a joke. After he finally did, according to him, it wasn’t the best set ever, but people felt empathetic and enjoyed it.
- Drew has toured alongside a fellow comedian Samuel Comroe, who suffers from Tourette’s syndrome. They named it Preferred Parking Comedy Tour, and have billed themselves as “two comedians, two disabilities, one super-cute friendship”.
- He thinks Harry Potter and the Chamber of Secrets is better than any other books or movies in the franchise.
- Drew prefers hot coffee over iced coffee.
- Some of his viewers suggested him to try smoking weed to ease his stutter and relax, but he hasn’t.
- The words he finds hardest to say with a stutter are “edited” and “specific”.
- According to him, the best thing about his stutter is because people recognize and remember him for it.
- Drew named his dog Stella after the beer, Stella Artois. His brother Taylor named his dog after Captain Morgan rum. His family also have dogs named Jack and Brandy, based off of Jack Daniels and brandy, a drink.
- Stella, his dog, doesn’t sleep in his bed most of the time, and rather chooses to sleep on the floor.
- Drew has a service dog because of his PTSD caused by the injury.
- He prefers pancakes over waffles.
- Drew had a cancer scare in May 2019 after he found a lump in the pelvic area. Stella herself was also treated for cancer in March 2019 as well, for a lump on her back leg, but recovered successfully.
- Visit his official website @ drewlynch.com.
- Follow him on Instagram, Facebook, Twitter, YouTube, Snapchat, and Patreon.
Featured Image by Drew Lynch / Instagram