|Finn Wittrock Quick Info|
|Height||5 ft 9 in|
|Date of Birth||October 28, 1984|
Finn Wittrock is an American actor and screenwriter who is distinguished for portraying important roles in the films such as Unbroken (2014), The Big Short (2015), and My All-American (2015). He is also noted for being cast as Dandy Mott on the American Horror Story: Freak Show (2014-2015) and Jeffrey Trail American Crime Story (2018). Finn is also a Primetime Emmy Award nominee. He has a huge social media fan base with more than 600k followers on Instagram and more than 200k followers on Twitter.
Peter Wittrock Jr.
Lenox, Massachusetts, United States
Los Feliz, Los Angeles, California, United States
Finn studied at the Los Angeles County High School for the Arts. Later, he joined Juilliard School in 2004 and graduated with a Bachelor in Fine Arts degree in 2008.
- Father – Peter L. Wittrock, Sr. (Actor)
- Mother – Kate Claire Crowley (Professor)
- Siblings – Dylan Wittrock (Younger Brother)
- Others – Kenneth Ralph Wittrock (Paternal Grandfather), Charlotte Elizabeth Hennig (Paternal Grandmother)
Finn is represented by Creative Artists Agency.
5 ft 9 in or 175 cm
70 kg or 154.5 lbs
Girlfriend / Spouse
Finn has dated –
- Sarah Roberts (2014-Present) – Finn and Sarah Roberts tied the knot on October 18, 2014. It is believed the two were college time sweethearts as Sarah also graduated from the Juilliard School.
Race / Ethnicity
Finn has Danish, Norwegian, Austrian ancestry on his father’s side and Irish ancestry on his mother’s side.
Finn has used his social media presence to endorse several brands such as –
- Esquivel Shoes
Best Known For
- His character as Dandy Mott on the American Horror Story: Freak Show (2014-2015) and Jeffrey Trail on the American Crime Story
- Starring in several films such as Halloweentown High (2004), Winter’s Tale (2014), Unbroken (2014), and The Big Short (2015)
- Starring in several Broadway acts such as Death of a Salesman, The Glass Menagerie, and Sweet Bird of Youth
Finn made his theatrical film debut as Warren in Twelve in 2010.
But, he had also appeared as Cody in TV movie Halloweentown High in 2004.
First TV Show
He made his first TV show appearance as the Younger-self of Eric Whitley in Cold Case in 2003.
In order to portray his character as Freddie Steinmark in My All American (2015), Finn was required to attain a bulkier body physique. His character as a defensive guard meant that he needed to increase his stamina and speed. He attended an intense football training boot camp that trained him in footwork, backward running, and sprinting.
Finn Wittrock Favorite Things
- Sandwich – Pastrami on rye
- Restaurant – Night + Market Song, Petty Cash
- Movie – Manchester by the Sea (2016)
- Song – Beyoncé‘s Love on Top (2011)
Source – Sports Illustrated, Vanity Fair
Finn Wittrock Facts
- He spent his childhood years in Massachusetts and later moved to Los Angeles, and then shifted to New York.
- Growing up, he worked at the Shakespeare & Company theatre alongside his father Peter L. Wittrock, Sr. who was also an actor. His roles mostly used to be of a pageboy or messenger.
- Finn had applied for the Juilliard School twice. The first time he got accepted, but turned it down and shifted to Los Angeles to build a career in acting. However, after being rejected several times, he decided to join the Juilliard School in 2004 and in 2008 he graduated with a BFA in acting.
- In the past, during the shoot of a live-action film, he spoke about wanting to represent DC Comics Dick Grayson aka Nightwing.
- He loves the plays Henry IV, Henry V, and Hamlet.
- In 2008, he played Romeo in the all-male production of Shakespeare Theatre Company.
- In December 2018, he read Jameson Rich’s 2016 essay titled The Shirt Stays On in Modern Love podcast.
- He is terrified of sharks.
- In 2015, he adopted a dog named Zeke.
- After his role on Masters of S*x (2013), he became quite the needed man amongst the gay community.
- When in New York, he loves to go to the Spring Lounge.
- Since his teenage years, he has been listening to music artist Bob Dylan and has enjoyed listening to music by Arcade Fire, The National, Radiohead, and Beirut.
- He has a habit of reading 2 books at once and often carries them with him even while he’s on the go.
- Follow him on Instagram and Twitter.
Featured Image by Dominick D / Flickr / CC BY-SA 2.0