Frank Anthony Iero, Jr.
Belleville, New Jersey, United States
Frank Iero went to a Catholic institute, Queen of Peace High School in New Jersey.
After graduating from high school, he got admission on scholarship at the Rutgers University. However, he didn’t complete college education and dropped out to focus on his music career.
- Father – Frank Iero (Musician)
- Mother – Linda Iero
- Siblings – Unknown
- Others – His paternal grandfather was also a musician.
Frank Iero is represented by
- Paradigm Talent Agency
- United Talent Agency
Alternative rock, emo, pop punk, post-hardcore, punk rock, hardcore punk
Guitar, bass, and vocals
He has released his music via these record labels –
- Eyeball Records
- Skeleton Crew
- Warner Bros.
5 ft 6 in or 168 cm
64 kg or 141 pounds
Girlfriend / Spouse
Frank Iero has dated –
- Jamia Nestor – Frank Iero started going out with his wife Jamia Nestor while they were studying in high school. In May 2006, he proposed to her while recording The Black Parade. In February 2007, they got married in a small wedding ceremony attended by family and close friends. In September 2010, he revealed on My Chemical Romance website that his wife has given birth to twin girls, Lily and Cherry. In April 2012, he took to his Twitter account to announce that Jamia has given birth to a son, Miles.
Race / Ethnicity
He has naturally “Brown” colored hair.
- Prefers gothic or punk makeup for his live performances.
His body specifications might be –
- Chest – 37 in or 94 cm
- Arms / Biceps – 13 in or 33 cm
- Waist – 30 in or 76 cm
Frank hasn’t done promotion work for any brand.
His religious views aren’t known.
Best Known For
- Being the former rhythm guitarist and backup vocalist of rock band, My Chemical Romance.
- The critical acclaim garnered by his solo music album, Stomachaches, which managed to creep into many “Best Rock Albums of the Year” lists.
Frank’s first studio album with the band, My Chemical Romance was I Brought You My Bullets, You Brought Me Your Love, which was released in July 2002.
In August 2014, he released his solo music album, Stomachaches.
In 2015, Frank made his first film appearance in a minor role in the crime thriller, Addiction: A 60’s Love Story.
First TV Show
In March 2007, Frank was first seen on the talk show, The Tonight Show with Jay Leno along with his My Chemical Romance bandmates.
Frank’s workout routine and diet plan aren’t known.
Frank Iero Favorite Things
- Stomachaches Single – Neverenders
- Dream Music Tour Collaborator – Bill Murray
Source – Kerrang.com
Frank Iero Facts
- His father and grandfather used to be drummers. In fact, he also used to play drums while growing up and later transitioned to guitar.
- He had a difficult childhood as he struggled with many health problems including ear infections and bouts of bronchitis, due to which he had to spend a lot of time in the hospital.
- Along with his wife Jamia Nestor, he cofounded the record label, Skeleton Crew. But, he left the company in December 2010. He also started a publishing business and clothing line under the same name.
- He is lactose intolerant.
- Frank was suffering from severe stomachache while composing his debut album, which led to him labeling it.
- Some of his earliest bands used to practice in his mother’s basement.
- Frank is very fond of body art and has got numerous tattoos inked including logos for the bands Black Flag and The Misfits, a Frankenstein monster and an ‘NJ’ (inside of his lip), which signifies his love for his home state New Jersey.
- He has got portrays of his grandfather and grandmother tattooed by famous ink artist Kat Von D. These tattoos have been featured in her book, High Voltage Tattoo.
- As a child, after finding out about mistreatment of the animals in slaughterhouses, he became a strict vegetarian.
- In 2008, the animal rights group PETA named him on the list of “Sexiest Vegetarians of the Year”.
- He is a staunch advocate of LGBT community and his custom made red T-shirt with ‘Homophobia is gay’ slogan has become a huge hit amongst his fans.
- In October 2016, he was involved in a serious accident after his tour van crashed with a bus while on its way to Sydney. He escaped unhurt but two men from the entourage of his band “Frank Iero and the Patience” had to be airlifted.
- In March 2017, he posted a message on his Twitter account urging his fans to respect his privacy after a couple of high-speed taxi chases to his band’s hotels and train sessions.
- After the split of My Chemical Romance, he had thought to step away from professional music and get a straight job or maybe write a book.
- He got his first electric guitar on his 11th birthday as a present from his dad. It was an off-white 1979 Fernandes Strat Copy.
- Visit his official website @ frank-iero.com.
- Follow him on Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, Soundcloud, YouTube, SongKick, and iTunes.