|Fred (Footballer) Quick Info|
|Height||5 ft 6½ in|
|Date of Birth||March 5, 1993|
Fred is a Brazilian professional soccer player who plays for his national side Brazil and various other clubs as a midfielder. He was found positive in a doping case in the past and was hence banned from playing football internationally. After the ban was lifted, he could successfully play in the 2018 FIFA World Cup in Russia.
Frederico Rodrigues de Paula Santos
Fred, Fred the Red
Belo Horizonte, Brazil
After his move to Manchester United, he shifted his base to Manchester.
Fred went to the youth academy of Brazilian giants, Atlético Mineiro for his soccer education.
Professional Soccer Player
- Father – Delson Rodrigues dos Santos
- Mother – Roseli Miranda de Paula
- Siblings – Unknown
Fred is represented by Gilberto Silva, who is best known for his successful stint with Arsenal FC.
8 – Shakhtar Donetsk
18 – Brazil National Team
5 ft 6½ in or 169 cm
64 kg or 141 lbs
Girlfriend / Spouse
Fred has dated
- Monique Salum (2016-Present) – Fred is in a relationship with Brazilian beauty Monique Salum. They made their relationship public in January 2016. It has been revealed that unlike most other soccer wags, Salum has got great educational qualifications. She has earned a chemical engineering degree from the University Centre of Belo Horizonte. She works with Centre for the Development of Nuclear Technology. In February 2017, it was announced that they got engaged.
Race / Ethnicity
- Short Height
Fred has a personal endorsement deal with the sportswear brand, Nike. He often wears their footwear for his matches and is also seen wearing their merchandise in his social media posts.
His religious views aren’t known.
Best Known For
- Having signed up with the English giants, Manchester United
- Having won multiple Ukrainian league titles and cup competitions with Shakhtar Donetsk
- Being one of the most technically gifted defensive midfield players
First Soccer Match
In June 2013, he made his professional debut for Shakhtar Donetsk against Chornomorets Odesa in Ukrainian Super Cup match. He scored two goals in his side’s 3-1 victory.
In November 2014, he made his first appearance for the Brazil national team in a friendly match against Turkey. He was sent in by coach Dunga as a second-half substitute.
- Passing Range
- Technical Ability
- Passing Speed
- Long Range Shots
- Ball Control
- Physical Presence
He hasn’t been cast in any theatrical film till now.
First TV Show
Apart from the broadcast of the soccer matches, Fred hasn’t appeared in any TV show until now.
His workout routine and diet plan aren’t known.
Fred Favorite Things
His favorite things aren’t known.
- Although he has been considered as one of the most exciting defensive midfielders and box to box midfielders, he broke into the scene as a promising attacking midfielder for the Brazilian club, Internacional.
- During the Ukrainian crisis in 2014, he was one of the six Shakhtar Donetsk players to have refused to play at their home as they were fearful of their personal security.
- In June 2018, it was revealed that he had been bought by Manchester United from Shakhtar Donetsk. He was offered a five-year contract with an option to extend the deal for another year.
- While playing for Internacional, he managed to win back-to-back local state championships as well as the Recopa Sudamericana with the club.
- He won 3 Ukrainian Premier League titles, 3 Ukrainian Cups, and 4 Ukrainian Super Cups during his stint with Shakhtar Donetsk.
- During the 2015 Copa América, the doping agency found his test sample positive for the diuretic hydrochlorothiazide.
- In December 2015, the CONMEBOL handed him a one-year suspension. The ban was implemented by FIFA in February 2016 and was backdated to June 2015.
- He turned out for Shakhtar Donetsk in the first half of 2016-17 season but, he was ordered to serve another ban in March 2017 after the World Anti-Doping Agency put a two-year ban on him, which was backdated to June 2015.
- In July 2017, he was cleared by all the organizations to resume his playing career.
- Visit his official website @ fred8.com.br.
- Follow him on Facebook, Twitter, and Instagram.
Featured Image by Кирилл Венедиктов / Soccer.ru / CC BY-SA 3.0