Henry Ian Cusick
Trujillo, La Libertad Region, Peru
Kailua, Hawaii, United States
Henry Ian Cusick went to the Presentation College, which is a San Fernando (Trinidad and Tobago) based Roman Catholic secondary school.
He later got enrolled at the Royal Scottish Academy of Music and Drama in Glasgow. However, he was expelled from the academy in the second year.
- Father – Henry Joseph Cusick
- Mother – Esperanza Chávez
- Siblings – Unknown
Henry Ian Cusick is represented by
- Management 360
- London based United Agents Ltd.
5 ft 11¼ in or 181 cm
77 kg or 170 lbs
Girlfriend / Spouse
Henry Ian Cusick has dated
- Annie Cusick Wood (1992-Present) – According to reports, Henry started going out with his playwright wife in 1992. After being in a relationship for nearly 14 years, they decided to get married in 2006 in a civil ceremony. Just two years after the start of their relationship, Annie gave birth to their first son Eli in 1994. In 1998, they welcomed another boy to their family named, Lucas. They added another son to their family in 2000.
Race / Ethnicity
On his father’s side, he has Scottish ancestry, whereas, on his mother’s side, he is of Peruvian descent.
His body specifications may be –
- Chest – 41 in or 104 cm
- Arms / Biceps – 14 in or 35.5 cm
- Waist – 34 in or 86 cm
Henry Ian Cusick has been seen in ads on YourGED.org.
While growing up, he studied in a Catholic school and was raised as Roman Catholic.
But his religious views as an adult aren’t clear.
Best Known For
- Being cast in the role of Desmond Hume in the sci-fi drama series, Lost from 2005 to 2010.
- Having played the leading role of Stephen Finch in the political thriller TV series, Scandal.
In 2002, Henry made his first film appearance in the romantic mystery movie, Possession, which had Gwyneth Paltrow as a female lead. However, his work in the movie was uncredited.
His first credited role was in the lead role of Jesus in the religious movie, The Gospel of John, which was released in 2003.
First TV Show
In 1993, he made his TV show debut in an episode of the Scottish detective show, Taggart.
To keep himself fit and healthy, he relies on outdoor activities. He lives in Hawaii and enjoys the outdoor beach lifestyle.
He enjoys swimming and indulges in a bit of surfing as well. He also liked playing soccer. He relies on running and cycling too.
Henry Ian Cusick Favorite Things
- Soccer Team – Dundee United FC (Scottish Club)
Source – Wikia
Henry Ian Cusick Facts
- For his masterful performance in the role of Creon in Oedipus at the Glasgow Citizen’s Theatre and the title role in Torquato Tasso at the Edinburgh International Festival, he was given special commendation for the Ian Charleson Award 1994.
- When he was 2 years old, his family moved to Madrid, Spain. A short while later, they moved to Glasgow before living in Trinidad and Tobago for 10 years.
- His first acting role came in the form of an understudy in the Christmas Panto playing a polar bear. The play was performed at the Citizen’s Theatre.
- For his role in the TV series Lost, he decided to record his screen test on a DVD and sent it to the casting team in Los Angeles.
- Apart from English, he is remarkably fluent in Spanish.
- In April 2007, Chelsea Stone, a former ABC Entertainment employee filed a sexual harassment lawsuit against Henry. She alleged that she was a victim of sexually aggressive behavior (including groping) from Cusick while he was working on the ABC TV series, Lost.
- In October 2009, Cusick, ABC and Grass Skit Productions decided to reach out of court settlement with Stone. However, they declined to issue a statement explaining events that had taken place leading to the filing of the lawsuit.
- He was initially only hired as a guest cast member for the second season of Lost. However, the popularity of his character led to him joining the main cast for the new season.
- Before he became an established actor, he worked at delivering water. However, he found his job stressful as he often lost his way around.
- Early in his acting career, he traveled around performing with the theatre troupes. He got his first breakthrough after he was cast in the title role in a theatre production of The Picture of Dorian Grey.
- Visit his official website @ henryiancusick.com.
- Follow him on Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, Google+, and Pinterest.
Featured Image by Rach / Flickr / CC BY 2.0