|Isaiah Mustafa Quick Info|
|Height||6 ft 3 in|
|Date of Birth||February 11, 1974|
Isaiah Mustafa is an American actor. He used to play American football in college and also played basketball for some time. He didn’t get drafted in American football. He is known for appearing in Old Spice commercials and playing Lucian “Luke” Garroway in the drama series Shadowhunters.
Isaiah Amir Mustafa
Portland, Oregon, United States
Los Angeles, California, United States
Isaiah studied at the Santa Clara High School in Oxnard, California. He attended the Santa Monica College and later transferred to Moorpark College.
He graduated from Arizona State University in 1997 with a degree in History.
Actor, Football player
- Father – John Wali Mustafa (Owner of a Limousine service) (Died in a car crash)
- Mother – Shahidah Mustafa-Davis
- Siblings – John Mustafa (Older Brother). He also has 5 sisters.
Isaiah is represented by Authentic Talent and Literary Management based in New York.
6 ft 3 in or 190.5 cm
99 kg or 218.5 lbs
Girlfriend / Spouse
Isaiah has dated –
- Neve Campbell (2010) – News about Isaiah dating actress Neve Campbell first came to the forefront in December 2010. They were spotted hanging out together in Los Angeles on a couple of occasions. However, Isaiah himself refuted these relationship rumors.
- Kathy Griffin (2011) – Isaiah was rumored to be dating actress and comedian Kathy Griffin in 2011. Rumors began swirling about the two when Kathy posted their pic together on Twitter in September 2010. Tabloids went crazy when Isaiah visited Kathy on the sets of Glee where she made a guest appearance in 2011. The pair was spotted together many times like at the 13th Annual Costume Designer Guild’s Awards and then at the Grammy’s in 2011. Once again, Isaiah came forward claiming that he was single and not dating Kathy.
- Lisa Mitchell (2016-Present) – Isaiah and Lisa met at the WonderCon comic book convention in Los Angeles in March 2016. Lisa Mitchell is a Warner Bros. publicist and the couple, who share an 8 year age difference, immediately hit it off. On Christmas Eve in 2016, Mustafa proposed to his girlfriend on Queenstown Beach in New Zealand. He shot a drone video of his proposal and uploaded it on Twitter. The betrothed couple tied the knot on May 26, 2018 in a low-key outdoors ceremony at Camp Lucy in Austin, Texas. Isaiah was accompanied down the aisle by his teenage daughter Haley and the bride looked resplendent in Monique Lhuillier’s Emanuela gown and veil.
- He has a daughter named Haley Mustafa from his previous marriage.
Race / Ethnicity
A number of small tattoos on his body including an Egyptian symbol, a scarab beetle on his right forearm, and an ‘I am’ tattoo on his upper arm which is his initials.
Isaiah has done endorsement work for the following brands –
- Maccabee Beer
- Old Spice
- Tide (2018)
- Office Depot
- Long John Silver’s (Fast Food Restaurant)
Isaiah hasn’t spoken about his religious views publicly.
Best Known For
- Appearing in a string of commercials for the male grooming brand Old Spice in 2010. He played the protagonist in the advertising campaign The Man Your Man Could Smell Like. The ad campaign won an Emmy for Outstanding Commercial in 2010.
- Playing the character of Luke Garroway in the fantasy series Shadowhunters on Freeform.
First Football Match
Isaiah played as a free safety and wide receiver at his school and college level and never got drafted. He was undrafted in 1997.
Isaiah made his theatrical film debut in the 2005 adventure movie The Island. He played an injured football player but he was not credited for his performance in the film.
His first credited performance came in 2011 when he played Calvin in Tyler Perry’s Madea’s Big Happy Family.
First TV Show
In January 2008, Isaiah made his TV show debut playing the Bailiff in the Odor in the Court episode of the comedy-drama series Ugly Betty.
Isaiah has enlisted the help of trainer Dickerson Ross, whom he came across on Instagram, and began following his workout routine. Everyday he works on a specific muscle and does 1 hour of cardio and 1 hour of weightlifting. He also credits yoga in keeping him flexible and toned in his 40’s. He continues to be involved in sports and plays ice hockey 5 times a week.
So he has Bulletproof coffee in the morning and staves off food till 3 pm. From afternoon till 11 pm, he consumes his daily nutrition which includes steamed vegetables, grains, salad, fruits, and chicken.
Isaiah Mustafa Favorite Things
- Product From Old Spice – Hawkridge body wash
- Cologne – Jovan Musk
- Meal To Cook – Spaghetti
- Band – Beastie Boys
- Designer – John Varvatos, Vivienne Westwood
- App – Word with Friends
- Gadget – Xbox
- TV Episode Of Himself – Sky High from Love Bites
Isaiah Mustafa Facts
- He was on the practice squad of 5 different teams namely the Tennessee Titans, Barcelona Dragons, Oakland Raiders, Cleveland Browns, and Seattle Seahawks from 1997 to 2000.
- Isaiah has 2 Rhodesian Ridgebacks – a female named Lexi and a male named General Buck Turgidson – as pets.
- In 2010, he was named as People Magazine’s Most Beautiful People.
- While studying at Arizona State University, he played football and was a teammate of American hero Pat Tillman.
- In 2000, Isaiah was the owner of a restaurant named Jo Jo’s Barbecue on Melrose Avenue in Los Angeles but the place has shut down since.
- He won $47,000 on the game show The Weakest Link by answering the question of Doctor Frankenstein’s first name.
- He has mentioned that one of his hidden talents is singing. Although he says that he is shy, sometimes he enjoys karaoke.
- Apart from acting, he is also dedicated to photography and his Instagram account shows off his photographic skills.
- Old Spice launched a new campaign in July 2011 where they pitted Italian model Fabio Lanzoni against Mustafa in an Internet duel to replace him as the New Old Spice Guy. The online challenge which was launched on YouTube was titled Mano a Mano in el Baño. The two guys engaged in a battle of wits with Isaiah coming out victorious.
- Follow him on Twitter and Instagram.
Featured Image by Isaiah Mustafa / Instagram