|Ivory Layne Quick Info|
|Height||5 ft 7 in|
|Date of Birth||October 12, 1994|
Ivory Layne is an American singer and songwriter who is best known for her upbeat pop music. She has released several hit singles such as Superman (2014), Disappointed (2014), Shake My Head (2017), Committed (2018), and Boy Loves Me (2019). She is also known for the release of her EP Volume One in 2013.
Denver, North Carolina, United States
Nashville, Tennessee, United States
Ivory completed her studies at SouthLake Christian Academy in 2013. Later, she started attending Belmont University in Nashville but dropped out in order to focus solely on her musical career.
- Father – He was a pastor and musician.
- Mother – She is a wordsmith.
- Siblings – Unknown
Ivory is represented by Madalyn and Creative Artists Agency (Booking Agency).
5 ft 7 in or 170 cm
64 kg or 141 lbs
Boyfriend / Spouse
Ivory does not prefer to talk about her dating life in public.
Race / Ethnicity
Light Brown (Natural)
She has tattoos on both her wrists.
Ivory has not done endorsement work for any brand yet.
She grew up in a family that believed in Christianity.
Best Known For
- Releasing several singles such as Superman (2014), Disappointed (2014), Shake My Head (2017), Committed (2018), and Boy Loves Me (2019)
- The release of her EP Volume One (2013)
As a Singer
She released her debut single titled Shake My Head on September 29, 2017. After that, she released several other singles such as Committed (2018), Boy Loves Me (2019).
Ivory’s first EP titled Volume One which was co-released on May 10, 2013, with Grammy award-winning producer Ed Cash. It consisted of 5 songs You Say, Robot, Not That Man, Socrates, and Right In Front.
Ivory Layne Facts
- She was born into a musically inclined family. Her father is a pastor and musician who would also sing along with her mother in church.
- Ivory was 6 years old when she started writings songs casually. However, it wasn’t until she was 14 years old that she started to make the best out of her gifted talents.
- After the release of her debut EP Volume One in 2013, Ivory relocated to Nashville Tennessee from her hometown in Denver, North Carolina.
- Her high school teacher Preston Springer recognized her unique talent and had her introduced to a close friend of Ed’s. He urged her to send a few recordings to Ed Cash. Ivory did as told and sent in a few audio clips made on her keyboard and Garage Band to Ed and the rest is history.
- Although she comes from a family native to North Carolina itself, she sings with a subtle British tone.
- She has co-written songs with singer-songwriter Jimmy Robbins, Shane McAnally, and Lori McKenna.
- In 2015, she signed with Justin Timberlake‘s Villa 40 record label.
- Her musical influences are English singer-songwriter Peter Gabriel and Imogen Heap, Scottish singer-songwriter Annie Lennox, and the band Coldplay.
- In the past, she worked as a session singer on Needtobreathe’s Brother (2014).
- Ivory loves to go to the movies alone.
- Visit her official website @ ivorylayne.com.
- Follow her on Instagram, Twitter, Facebook, and YouTube.
Featured Image by Ivory Layne / Facebook