|Jeff Daniels Quick Info|
|Height||6 ft 3 in|
|Date of Birth||February 19, 1955|
|Spouse||Kathleen Rosemary Treado|
Jeff Daniels is an American actor, musician, and playwright. He is well known for playing the role of Harry Dunne in the buddy comedy Dumb and Dumber (1994) and its sequel Dumb and Dumber To (2014). Some of his other remarkable performances came in the movies like The Purple Rose of Cairo (1985), Something Wild (1986), and The Squid and the Whale (2005), for all of which he was nominated for Golden Globe Awards.
Jeffrey Warren Daniels
Clarke County, Georgia, United States
Chelsea, Michigan, United States
Jeff attended Central Michigan University and was active in the theatre productions. He also went to Eastern Michigan University drama school in 1976 to take part in their special Bicentennial Repertory program and participated in various plays including The Hot l Baltimore.
Actor, Musician, Playwright
- Father – Robert Lee “Bob” Daniels (Teacher, Owner of Chelsea Lumber Company, Former Mayor of Chelsea)
- Mother – Marjorie J. (née Ferguson)
- Siblings – John Daniels (Brother)
- Others – Warren Ruel Daniels (Paternal Grandfather), Gertrude Estella Storms (Paternal Grandmother), Lee Ezra Ferguson (Maternal Grandfather), Sylvia Sarah Williams (Maternal Grandmother)
Jeff is represented by The Purple Rose Theatre.
Blues, Alternative Folk
He has released his music via –
- Boomadeeboom Records, LLC
- HMSD Music Publishing
6 ft 3 in or 190.5 cm
80 kg or 176.5 lbs
Girlfriend / Spouse
Jeff has dated –
- Kathleen Rosemary Treado – Jeff met his wife and a fellow Michigander from the Upper Peninsula, Kathleen, while they were in college. The couple tied the knot in 1979 and relocated to their home in Chelsea, Michigan in 1986. They have 3 children together – 2 sons, Benjamin (born 1984) and Lucas (born 1987), and a daughter, Nellie (born 1990).
Race / Ethnicity
He has English, Scots-Irish /Northern Irish, Scottish, and German ancestry.
Salt & Pepper
Jeff has done advertisement work for brands like –
- Head & Shoulders Shampoo (1981) (TV Commercial)
- Pepto-Bismol (1982) (TV Commercial)
- Michigan Economic Development Corporation (2008) (TV Commercial)
- Apple iPhone 5 and Apple earbuds (voice-over) (2012)
Jeff had a Methodist upbringing.
Best Known For
- Playing Harry Dunne in the buddy comedy movie, Dumb and Dumber (1994), and its sequel, Dumb and Dumber To (2014)
- His performance in the films, The Purple Rose of Cairo (1985), Something Wild (1986), and The Squid and the Whale (2005), which got him nominated for Golden Globes on multiple occasions
He released his first album, Jeff Daniels Live and Unplugged (To Benefit the Purple Rose Theatre), in 2004.
Jeff has also released various other albums like Jeff Daniels Live at The Purple Rose Theater, Grandfather’s Hat, Keep It Right Here, Together Again, and Days Like These.
Jeff made his theatrical film debut in the Oscar-nominated film, Ragtime, as P.C. O’Donnell in 1981.
First TV Show
Jeff made his first TV show appearance as Neal Forrester in the mystery crime drama series, Hawaii Five-O, in 1980.
Jeff Daniels Favorite Things
- Acting Mentor/Best Friend – Shirley MacLaine
Source – IMDb
Jeff Daniels Facts
- Six weeks after he was born, Jeff’s family shifted to Chelsea, Michigan from Georgia.
- He founded a theatre company in Chelsea, Michigan called the Purple Rose Theatre Company and has written many plays for the company. The name was inspired by Woody Allen’s film, The Purple Rose of Cairo (1985), of which Jeff was also a part.
- Had he not been an actor, he would have worked at the Chelsea Lumber Company which was owned by his father.
- On May 25, 2006, he was included to the Michigan Walk of Fame.
- Jeff owns a Gulf Stream Tour Master which he has named ‘The Bus’ and occasionally sleeps in it after a long journey.
- In 2011, he was featured on the cover of Guitar Aficionado magazine for their April–May edition.
- Jeff is a Democrat.
- Visit his official website @ jeffdaniels.com.
- Follow Jeff Daniels on Twitter and Facebook.
Featured Image by Insomnia Cured Here / Flickr / CC BY-SA 2.0