|Joe Nieves Quick Info|
|Height||6 ft 2 in|
|Date of Birth||November 22, 1977|
Joe Nieves is an American actor and voiceover artist who is known for having been cast in a variety of roles in several shows and movies. He played the character of Tom Diaz in Disney’s comedy television series, Stuck in the Middle, and was also cast as Carl the Bartender in the popular romantic comedy sitcom, How I Met Your Mother. Joe Nieves has also appeared in a number of other shows such as Women: Stories of Passion, Ryan Caulfield: Year One, Time of Your Life, First Monday, The X-Files, Six Feet Under, Judging Amy, The Young and the Restless, CSI: Crime Scene Investigation, NYPD Blue, Without a Trace, Over There, Day Break, Cold Case, Raising the Bar, Private Practice, The Shield, Prime Suspect, 24, Southland, Grey’s Anatomy, The Mentalist, NCIS: Los Angeles, Rizzoli & Isles, Modern Family, and Blue Bloods. Moreover, he has also been cast in several movies which include Cottonmouth, Gordon Glass, Gamers, Remembering Phil, Float, Shrink, The Naked Eye, Money Fight, The Bling Ring, West End, Electric Slide, Sun Choke, and Shangri-La Suite. Joe Nieves has also garnered an impressive social media fan base with more than 100k followers on Instagram.
Brooklyn, New York City, New York, United States
Joe Nieves went to Fairleigh Dickinson University located in Teaneck, New Jersey, United States. Moreover, he also took drama lessons at Beverly Hills Playhouse.
Actor, Voiceover Artist
- Father – Unknown
- Mother – Unknown
- Siblings – Unknown
Joe Nieves is represented by –
- Stewart Talent, Talent Agency, Los Angeles, California, United States
- Shelter Entertainment Group, Talent Management Company, Los Angeles, California, United States
6 ft 2 in or 188 cm
78 kg or 172 lbs
Girlfriend / Spouse
Joe Nieves has dated –
- Mary Cseh – Joe Nieves is married to actress Mary Cseh and the duo parents 2 children – a son and a daughter. Both Joe and Mary often upload pictures of their kids on their respective Instagram accounts.
Race / Ethnicity
Salt and Pepper
- Tall physique
- Charming smile
- Often wears a cap
Joe Nieves has done endorsement work for several brands such as –
- Hyundai Sonata (TV Commercial) (2015)
- Intel 2-In-1 (TV Commercial) (2015)
Best Known For
- Having been cast as Tom Diaz, Harley’s father as well as the proprietor of a marina store called “Tom’s Bait and Bite”, from 2016 to 2018 in Disney’s comedy television series, Stuck in the Middle, in which he starred alongside the likes of Jenna Ortega, Ronni Hawk, Isaak Presley, Ariana Greenblatt, Kayla Maisonet, Nicolas Bechtel, Malachi Barton, and Cerina Vincent
- Playing the role of Carl the Bartender in the popular romantic-comedy sitcom, How I Met Your Mother, which starred the likes of Josh Radnor, Jason Segel, Cobie Smulders, Neil Patrick Harris, Alyson Hannigan
Joe Nieves made his first feature film appearance by playing the role of Mike E. Ramirez in the crime drama thriller movie, Cottonmouth, in 2002. The film starred the likes of Richard Tyson, Steven Owsley, Michelle Stafford, Willie Gault, and Robert Vaughn.
In 2008, Joe Nieves made his first theatrical film appearance as Rex in the comedy film, Remembering Phil, which starred the likes of Nicholas Turturro, Christina Murphy, Joanne Kelly, Steve Valentine, and Peter Dobson.
First TV Show
Joe Nieves made his first TV show appearance on the series, The Blackberry Inn in 1995.
He stays fit by leading an active lifestyle.
Joe Nieves Facts
- During his freshman year at Fairleigh Dickinson University in New Jersey, he used to play football.
- Before Joe Nieves started his career as an actor, he used to work as a door-to-door vacuum salesman.
- In October 2008, he appeared in an episode, titled Moving Day, of the TV crime drama thriller series, The Shield.
- He was cast as Detective Eddie Gautier in the pilot of the crime-drama series, Prime Suspect, in 2011.
- Joe Nieves has played a variety of roles in several movies such as Fernando in Gamers (2006), Crazy Marf in Gordon Glass (2007), Matt in Float (2008), Lil King in Shrink (2009), Dr. Bautista in The Naked Eye (2011), Tony Lyndelli in Money Fight (2012), Police Officer (Rebecca’s) (as Joseph Nieves) in The Bling Ring (2013), Buddy Buccellato in West End (2013), Security Guard in Electric Slide (2014), Officer Olson in Sun Choke (2015), and Security Guard #1 in Shangri-La Suite (2016).
- He played the role of Michael Baker in an episode, titled I Was Made for Lovin’ You, of the romantic drama TV series, Grey’s Anatomy, in November 2012.
- Joe Nieves was cast as Oscar Cordero in a couple of episodes of the mystery crime drama series, The Mentalist, in 2013.
- He has a pet Labradoodle.
- In 2011, Joe Nieves provided vocals to the character of Diego Aguilar in the video game titled L.A. Noire.
- Follow Joe Nieves on Instagram, YouTube, and Twitter.
Featured Image by Joe Nieves / Instagram