|Julius Randle Quick Info|
|Height||6 ft 8 in|
|Date of Birth||November 29, 1994|
Julius Randle is an American professional basketball player who plays as a power forward for the New York Knicks of the National Basketball Association (NBA). Before playing for the Knicks, he had previously played for the Los Angeles Lakers from 2014 to 2018 and the New Orleans Pelicans from 2018 to 2019.
Julius Deion Randle
Dallas, Texas, United States
Randle attended Prestonwood Christian Academy.
Professional Basketball Player
- Father – Carolyn Kyles (Former Basketball Player)
6 ft 8 in or 203 cm
113 kg or 249 lbs
Girlfriend / Spouse
Julius Randle has dated –
- Kendra Shaw – Julius Randle is married to Kendra Shaw. The couple welcomed their first child, a son named Kyden on December 23, 2016.
Race / Ethnicity
He is of African-American descent.
- Big Lips
- Bearded Jaw
- Snub Nose
Julius Randle Favorite Things
- Red Wine – Caymus Cabernet Sauvignon
- Hot Sauce – Cholula Original Hot Sauce
- Shoes – Nike Air Jordan 1
Source – NY Mag
Julius Randle Facts
- Back in high school, he was one of the top 5 players in the class of 2013 alongside Andrew Wiggins, Jabari Parker, Andrew Harrison, and Aaron Gordon.
- He won the Under Armour Elite 24 Dunk Contest in August 2012 and was then named one of the MVPs of the Elite 24 game during which he scored 27 points, leading his team to a 164-138 win.
- He was deemed as a five-star recruit by Rivals.com in the past.
- In 2013, he had been listed as the no. 1 power forward player and no. 2 player nationwide.
- On February 28, 2014, he was named one of the 10 semi-finalists for the Naismith College Player of the Year.
- In all 40 games in his college career, he averaged 15.0 points, 10.4 rebounds, and 1.4 assists in 30.8 minutes per game.
- He declared for the NBA draft on April 22, 2014, which also prompted him to give up his last 3 years of college eligibility.
- During the 2014 NBA draft, he was selected as the 7th overall pick by the Los Angeles Lakers. In the Lakers’ 2014-15 season opener game against Houston Rockets, Randle broke his right tibia. The following day, he underwent a successful surgery but still missed to play the rest of the season.
- In the 2016-17 season, he took part in all 15 games before going on a short hiatus in late November 2016 due to a hip injury.
- On March 15, 2017, he scored a career-high 32 points in a 139-100 defeat against the Houston Rockets.
- Randle turned into an unrestricted free agent after the Lakers renounced him on July 2, 2018. On July 9, 2018, he signed a two-year $18 million contract with the New Orleans Pelicans and made his debut for the team during their season opener dated October 17, 2018. He scored 25 points off the bench in a 131-112 win over the Houston Rockets.
- On November 19, 2018, he recorded his 6th career triple-double with 21 points, 14 rebounds, and 10 assists in 25 minutes in a 140-126 win against the San Antonio Spurs. On December 3, 2018, Randle scored a career-high of 37 points in a 129-126 defeat against the Los Angeles Clippers. He managed to bounce back by scoring 27 points and 18 rebounds in a 132-106 victory against the Dallas Mavericks which came into view just 2 days following their defeat against the Clippers.
- In his early 2019 records, he had 35 points in a 125-119 loss to the Lakers on February 27, 2019, and another defeat against the Portland Trail Blazers on March 15, 2019, during which he scored a career-high of 45 points in a 122-110 loss.
Featured Image by Keith Allison / Wikimedia / CC-BY-SA-2.0