|Kate Wright Quick Info|
|Height||5 ft 8 in|
|Date of Birth||June 3, 1991|
Kate Wright is an English reality TV star, social media star, and designer, best known as part of the reality-TV series The Only Way Is Essex (2015-2017), which she joined alongside her friend Mike Hassini in the 16th season of the series. Her 1st appearance was in a Marbella special in October 2015, during which she strode out in a bikini and instantly captured the audience’s attention. Because Kate grew up in Essex, she was already good friends with her co-stars Chloe Lewis and Gemma Collins. However, not everyone loved her from the get-go, and drama started when she called her co-star Megan McKenna a ‘dog’ before arguing it was all just banter. Even though Megan began fuming with anger, Kate shrugged it off as a joke.
She had also argued with Chloe Lewis after she noticed her flirting with her then-boyfriend Dan Edgar, and having learned that the two kissed years earlier. Besides that, her fanbase of viewers eagerly followed her life on-screen and was heartbroken when she left the TV show in January 2017. Kate also decided to remain out of the public’s eye to focus on her relationship with her new boyfriend and take care of 3 children he had from a previous marriage. In 2016, Kate also collaborated with an e-commerce brand Miss Pap to launch her ‘Party Picks’ collection for upcoming Christmas, which proved to be very successful. In early July 2019, she also launched a fashion collection in collaboration with Very UK. Kate Wright has also amassed a large fanbase online with more than 1 million followers on Instagram and more than 200k followers on Twitter.
Essex, England, United Kingdom
Brentwood, Essex, England, United Kingdom
She left school at the young age of 16 to start working.
Reality TV Star, Social Media Star, Designer
- Father – Unknown
- Mother – Jacqueline (Finances)
- Siblings – Unknown
Kate Wright is represented by Mokkingbird (Talent Agent, Publicist) in London, England, United Kingdom.
5 ft 8 in or 173 cm
60 kg or 132 lbs
Boyfriend / Spouse
Kate Wright has dated –
- Dan Edgar (2010-2014; 2015-2016) – She met Dan on a holiday in Ibiza in 2010, and the two hit it off nearly immediately. They dated for about 3 years until 2014, when he left her to appear in the reality-TV series The Only Way Is Essex and began dating other co-stars such as Jessica Wright and Lauren Pope. When Kate joined the cast in 2015 herself, the two reconnected and were dubbed “the Essex Ken and Barbie.” Unfortunately, Dan’s best friend Jon Clarke had been calling Kate drunk and leaving voicemails. After Kate rejected him, Jon accused her of sleeping with one of his friends, which left Dan unsure of what to do and ruined his trust. Their relationship slowly deteriorated in 2016.
- Rio Ferdinand (2017-Present) – Kate quietly began dating a former England and Manchester United soccer player in January 2017. They met through a mutual friend at a BBQ party while on a holiday in Dubai, the United Arab Emirates in late 2016. He was there with sportsmen Anthony Joshua and Westwood Lee to watch the fireworks, and she was there with her friend Amber Dowding. However, she kept her relationship under wraps because Rio had lost his wife Rebecca 2 years prior to breast cancer and was a single father to 3 kids, sons Lorenz (b. 2007), and Tate (b. 2009), and daughter Tia (b. 2012). Rio had already received a blessing from his dying wife to find love again, and he also asked his 3 kids if he could ask Kate on a date. From April to September 2017, Kate made their relationship public by announcing she would stop appearing on the TV series The Only Way Is Essex. To explain the situation, Katie released a statement that said: “I’m taking a step back from the public eye, I want to keep my life private as I lived my previous relationship on Towie, my priority right now is Rio and the family.” In July 2017, the same month her boyfriend lost his mom Janice St Fort to breast cancer, Rio’s family also welcomed Kate into the family with open arms, and she shared a few pictures with his large family in Portugal. He was also happy, stating: “My relationship with Kate has helped in that they have got a female in the house now. Having that extra person in the house who is female, who has that softer touch, I think is vitally important for the kids.” Kate and Rio also went back to Dubai once again in mid-2017 later for a secret couples holiday. Rio also thanked her in his “Best Single Documentary” award acceptance speech at the BAFTA Awards event in May 2018. In November 2018, the pair got engaged after he proposed to her in front of his children in Abu Dhabi, United Arab Emirates. According to The Sun magazine, her engagement ring was worth around £400k. In 2019, she shared that both of her step-sons also dream of becoming soccer players as their dad, but find watching their dad on TV a bit weird. In an interview to the Metro magazine in June 2019, Kate said she was calm about wedding planning, even though she’s obsessed with organizing. Jokingly, she added that there was a small chance she’d become a ‘bridezilla’ in the last moment. Kate added that she already picked 9 bridesmaids and her step-daughter Tia as her maid of honor and that the wedding plans were well underway.
Race / Ethnicity
She is of English descent.
She has also dyed her hair ‘Pink’ in the past.
- Lean physique
- Bright white smile
Kate Wright has endorsed brands such as –
- Abbott Lyon
- Missy Empire
- Ravel Footwear
- Iconic London
- Protein World
- House of CB
- Self-Same (2018)
- Beach Cafe UK (2018)
- OYSHO (2018)
- NeverFullyDressed (2018)
- By Beverley Boutique (2018)
- The Couture Club (2018)
- Getting Personal (2019)
- Lavish Alice (2019)
- Essex Love Letters (2019)
- Panasonic Beauty (2019)
- ALEX PERRY (2019)
- The Ivory Closet (2019)
- Fendi (2019)
- Jimmy Choo (2019)
- MISSGUIDED (2019)
- HADesigns (2019)
- WORD IT RHYME (2019)
- VERGE GIRL (2019)
- HA Flor (2019)
- Bahimi Beachwear (2019)
- CELINE (2019)
- French Connection (2019)
- Black & Brown London (2019)
- Tor’s Shimmering Sponges (2019)
- Gucci (2019)
- OH POLLY (2019)
- Flounce London (2019)
- QUAY Aus (2019)
- Frida Flower Crowns (2019)
- MESHKI (2019)
- Very UK (2019)
Katie has also appeared in SSAFA’s The Big Brew Up campaign in June 2017.
Best Known For
- Starring in the reality-TV series The Only Way Is Essex (2015-2017)
- Her social media following with more than 1 million followers on Instagram and more than 200k followers on Twitter
First TV Show
Kate Wright made her first TV show appearance as ‘Herself’ in an episode titled The Only Way Is Marbs Special: Part 1 of the reality-TV series The Only Way Is Essex in October 2015.
Here are Kate Wright workout routine and diet secrets that she uses to stay in killer shape. Kate also began working alongside her husband after they started dating in 2017, and called him her “gym buddy” who provides additional fitness motivation, knowledge, and assistance when needed.
Kate Wright Favorite Things
- Animal – Dog
- Interests – Collecting And Reading Motivational Quotes, Creating Custom Gifts
- Personal Quote – “I am obsessed with becoming a woman comfortable in her skin.”
Kate Wright Facts
- She was raised by her mother Jacqueline because her parents split when she was 3 years old.
- Her dad remarried multiple times. Even though she had a few step-moms, they weren’t a major part of her life.
- When she was 9 years old, her dad didn’t invite her to his wedding. This upset her and made her realize how not to treat her future kids.
- At the age of 16, Kate began working in a bank as a business support manager and worked there for about 7 years.
- She is not related to Jess Wright or Mark Wright, her co-stars in The Only Way Is Essex.
- She has a chihuahua named Ronnie.
- Kate admitted that she wasn’t the best cook in 2017 because she always ate at a restaurant or her mom’s cooking. However, due to her commitment to the life of a housewife, Rio’s kids started liking her lamb chop better than his.
- Her step-daughter, Tia gifted her a mug that had words ‘Not a Stepmum – a Bonus Mum’ written on it, which almost made her cry. Kate carries the mug everywhere she goes, as it reminds her that her commitment to family life is working.
- She’s not into soccer at all and thinks that Rio appreciates it because he always has to hear about it from other people.
- In June 2019, some of her female friends wore masks with Rio’s face and chanted: “Ferdinand put a ring on her hand!”
- Kate also announced in June 2019 that the time for her to go back to work was coming closer. She was always an independent person and stated that she would most likely pursue her passion for fitness as a business.
- Follow her on Instagram and Twitter.
Featured Image by Kate Wright / Instagram