|Katelyn Ohashi Quick Info|
|Height||4 ft 10 in|
|Date of Birth||April 12, 1997|
Katelyn Ohashi is an American former artistic gymnast who won 5 Gold medals representing the United States at the 2012 Jr. Pacific Rim Championships that were held in Seattle; in the Floor Exercise, the Balance Beam, the Uneven Bars, the All-Around, and the Team events. She also won a Gold medal in the All-Around event at the 2013 FIG World Cup. While competing for the UCLA Bruins (University of California, Los Angeles), she won the Gold Medal at the 2018 St. Louis NCAA Championships in both the Floor Exercise and the Team events. She also won the Bronze medal at the 2019 Fort Worth NCAA (National Collegiate Athletic Association) Championships in both the Balance Beam and the Team events. Katelyn is a 6-time All-American, the 2011 junior national champion, and the 2013 American Cup winner. She scored a ‘Perfect 10’ several times during her collegiate career in the floor exercise and balance beam events. She retired from the sport in April 2019.
Katelyn Michelle Ohashi
Kate Chachi, The Perfect 10
Seattle, Washington, United States
Los Angeles, California, United States
Katelyn had attended the Spring Creek Academy, a private school in Dallas before graduating from the Plano Senior High School in 2015. She then joined the University of California, Los Angeles and graduated with a major in gender studies in 2019.
Artistic Gymnast (Retired)
- Father – Richard Ohashi
- Mother – Diana Ohashi (Former High School Gymnast)
- Siblings – Ryan Ohashi (Older Brother), Kyle Ohashi (Older Brother), Kalen Ohashi (Older Brother)
She is represented by Wasserman Media Group, Los Angeles, California, United States.
4 ft 10 in or 147.5 cm
48 kg or 106 lbs
Race / Ethnicity
Multiracial (White and Asian)
She is of German and Japanese descent.
- Toned physique
- Charming smile
- Center-parted, neck-length, curly hair
Katelyn Ohashi Favorite Things
- Sportsperson – Muhammad Ali
- Hobbies/Interests – Poetry, Photography, Shopping
Source – UCLABruins.com
Katelyn Ohashi Facts
- Born in Seattle, she moved to Kansas City, Missouri in 2006 with her mother and her brother Kalen. In 2009, she relocated to Plano, Texas, where she completed her high school graduation.
- Katelyn suffers from a skin condition called granuloma annulare, which has caused smooth discolored plaques over her entire body.
- She has often spoken about her struggles with body image, caused by her abnormalities and weight, and has often talked about in interviews, about her ordeals in dealing with body-shaming insults. She even received mental health counseling to deal with the issue.
- At the 2009 Junior Olympic National Championships, she had stood 1st in the floor exercise event and tied 2nd in the uneven bars event.
- At the 2010 Bumbo Cup held in Pretoria, she won junior-division Gold medals in the all-around and the floor and vault events. She also won Silver medals in both the bars and the beam events.
- She was featured in the 2019 edition of The Body Issue, an annual feature of ESPN The Magazine that depicts several athletes in n*de and semi-n*de photographs.
Featured Image by Katelyn Ohashi / Instagram