Kathryn Elsbeth Erbe
Newton, Massachusetts, United States
Kathryn lives in a 3,000-square-foot triplex in Cobble Hill neighborhood of Brooklyn, New York City. Her penthouse has 360-degree views of neighboring Governors Island, Staten Island, lower Manhattan, and Brooklyn Bridge.
Kathryn Erbe went to the New York University’s Tisch School of the Arts and graduated with an undergraduate drama degree in 1989.
- Father – Richard Erbe (Research Geneticist)
- Mother – Elsbeth Erbe (Served as a vice president of a Boston management firm)
- Siblings – Jennifer Erbe (Younger Sister), Jonathan Erbe (Younger Brother)
Kathryn Erbe is represented by Industry Entertainment Productions LLC.
5 ft 2 in or 157 cm
55 kg or 121 lbs
Boyfriend / Spouse
Kathryn Erbe has dated
- Terry Kinney (1993-2006) – Kathryn first met her former husband Terry Kinney while she was working in the theatre scene in Chicago. Kinney had co-founded Steppenwolf Theatre Company and they met while she was starring in their theatre productions. After dating for some time, they got married in 1993. In 1996, she gave birth to their first child, a daughter whom they named Maeve. In 2003, she gave birth to a son, Carson.
Race / Ethnicity
35-25-36 in or 89-63.5-91.5 cm
6 (US) or 38 (EU)
7 (US) or 37.5 (EU)
Kathryn Erbe has done voiceover work for TJX Companies.
She has served as a spokesperson for the Disabled American Veterans.
Her religious views aren’t known.
Best Known For
- Being cast in the role of Detective Alexandra Eames in police drama series, Law & Order: Criminal Intent.
- Having played the role of death row inmate Shirley Bellinger on the crime drama TV series, Oz from 1998 to 2003.
In 1989, Kathryn made her theatrical film debut in the crime drama movie, Runaway Dreams.
First TV Show
In 1989, she made her first TV show appearance in the ABC sitcom, Chicken Soup.
Kathryn Erbe’s workout routine, diet plan, and personal trainer information aren’t available.
Kathryn Erbe Favorite Things
- Food – Cookie
Source – Grub Street
Kathryn Erbe Facts
- In 2010, she filed a lawsuit against her stalker Charles Nagel, who had even taken a picture of her then 14-year daughter and had posted it on the internet. She alleged that the harassment started in 2008 and he even showed up at her shooting locations.
- In November 2011, the New York City judge sentenced Nagel to five years’ probation for stalking and harassing Erbe’s family.
- She bagged her very first role, which was in Chicken Soup, while she was still an undergraduate student at New York University.
- She decided that she wanted to become an actor after she was cast as the Little Red Hen in a kindergarten production of Chicken Little.
- After graduating from the university, she decided to move to Chicago to work in city’s flourishing theatre scene. She even joined the prestigious Steppenwolf Theater Company.
- While she was pregnant with her second child, she was working in the TV series Law & Order: Criminal Intent, so the show producers decided to write her pregnancy into the show story and made her character surrogate mother for her sister.
- While studying in the university, she was an ensemble member of the Atlantic Theater Company.
- She doesn’t have any social media account.