|Katie Swan Quick Info|
|Height||5 ft 7 in|
|Date of Birth||March 24, 1999|
Katie Swan is a British professional tennis player. She began playing tennis at the age of 7 while she was on a family holiday in Portugal. At a very young age, Katie developed a liking for the sport and never stopped pursuing it even while she was in school. She gained fame after winning her first senior ITF tournament in Sharm El Sheikh. Katie is a young aspirer and has been believed to be a good tennis player since the time she ever held a racket.
Abbots Leigh, Bristol, England, United Kingdom
Wichita, Kansas, United States
Swan studied at The Downs School, also known as the Charlton House, Wraxall. She was the head girl and represented her school in the Under-13 national Hockey match.
She later attended the Bristol Grammar School until she had to move to Wichita, Kansas in 2013 with her family as her father worked in the oil industry.
Katie continued her studies in Wichita Collegiate School. However, in August 2015, she started taking online classes from the school as she had started focusing more on her career in tennis.
Professional Tennis Player
- Father – Richard Swan
- Mother – Nicki Swan
- Siblings – Luke Swan (Older Brother)
In 2018, she signed up with 77 Sports Management owned by Andy Murray.
Right Handed (Double Handed Backhand)
5 ft 7 in or 170 cm
55 kg or 121 lbs
Boyfriend / Spouse
Katie has dated –
- Joel Cannell (2016-Present) – Professional tennis players Joel Cannell and Katie Swan met in 2016. Though the couple spends most of the time away from each other, they still remain strong as they celebrated their 2 year anniversary in 2018.
Race / Ethnicity
Dark Brown (Natural)
Katie prefers to dye her hair ‘blonde’.
- Wide Smile
- Triangular face
Katie has not endorsed any brand yet.
Best Known For
- Winning her first match at the $10K ITF tournament in Sharm El Sheikh
- Winning her first prestigious Smrikva Bowl event for 10-year-olds in Croatia
First Tennis Match
Katie played her first tennis match in 2013 against Nanette Nylund at the ITF Junior Circuit in St Clair, Trinidad & Tobago.
First TV Show
Kaite had made her first TV show appearance in En Famille as herself in 2016.
Katie has trained under several coaches such as Judy Murray, Collin Foster (Wichita State women’s coach), and Rex Coad (Head Professional at Wichita Country Club).
In 2018, former pro-tennis player Diego Veronelli and LTA coach Julien Picot were assigned to Katie by her management company.
Katie Swan Favorite Things
- Turf – Hard
- Tennis Player – Andy Murray
Source – Wikipedia
Katie Swan Facts
- At the age of 7, Katie started taking tennis lessons during a holiday in Portugal.
- Katie’s teacher in Portugal was the first one to believe that she possessed a true talent for tennis and would excel in it.
- In 2006, she started taking regular tennis lessons at the David Lloyd Club, England.
- She was a keen hockey player who represented Avon (County) and her school when they qualified for the Under-13 national finals.
- In 2007, her coach brought her to the attention of Lawn Tennis Association where she started receiving funds and support.
- In 2009, she won her first international tournament in Croatia, the Smrikva Bowl, which was an event for the 10-year-olds.
- Katie Swan won her first Under-10 international title in 2009, following her win in the Smirkva Bowl.
- Swan met her tennis coach Diego Veronelli through Andy Murray.
- Katie has 4 pet dogs.
- In March 2015, Katie achieved her first victory on the tour of her senior $10k ITF tournament in Sharm El Sheikh giving herself a gift just a few days prior to her birthday.
- In 2016, Swan became the youngest British player in the Fed Cup history at the age of 16 years and 316 days.
- In October 2017, she won her first 25k ITF tournament.
- Follow her on Instagram, Twitter, and Facebook.
Featured Image by Diliff / Wikimedia / CC BY 3.0