|Katy Dunne Quick Info|
|Height||5 ft 10 in|
|Date of Birth||February 16, 1995|
Katy Dunne has attracted a lot of attention with her performances in the ITF tournaments. She has managed to win a couple of singles and doubles tournament at a young age which has led to the hushed whispers that she might be the next big thing in the British tennis circuit. Also, she has a sports pedigree in her family with her older brother being a professional cyclist.
Hemel Hempstead, Hertfordshire, England, United Kingdom
Katy Dunne decided to drop out of school when she was around 9 years old as she wanted to focus on her tennis career.
Professional Tennis Player
- Father – Unknown
- Mother – Unknown
- Siblings – Conor Dunne (Older Brother) (Cyclist)
Katy Dunne handles her representation work on her own.
Right Handed (Double Handed Backhand)
5 ft 10 in or 178 cm
64 kg or 141 lbs
Boyfriend / Spouse
Katy Dunne has rarely spoken about her private life while interacting with the media. Plus, she has largely kept her personal life to herself on the social media as well, because of which it is difficult to ascertain much about her love life and dating history.
Race / Ethnicity
- Prominent Nose
- Tall Stature
Katy Dunne hasn’t endorsed any brand yet.
Her religious views aren’t known.
Best Known For
- Being considered as one of the high rated female players in the British tennis circuit
- Having done well in the ITF tournaments in Italy, Greece, Japan, and the United Kingdom
First Tennis Match
In March 2011, she made her tennis debut in the tournament held in Bath, England. She managed to progress to the round of 32, where she lost to fellow British player Nicola George.
She hasn’t been cast in any theatrical film till now.
First TV Show
Apart from the telecast of the tennis matches, Katy Dunne hasn’t appeared on any TV show till now.
Katy Dunne trains for 4 to 5 hours on the weekdays in a bid to improve her game. She usually spends about 3 hours on tennis training and drills. She also spends about an hour or two in the gym to boost her strength and power. She also focuses on exercises that would assist her in injury prevention.
Katy Dunne Favorite Things
Source – The Riverside Journal, ITF Tennis
Katy Dunne Facts
- She started playing tennis at the age of 3. She started playing because of her brother as she started going with him to the club.
- Before she competed in the first round of Wimbledon Girls’ Championship, she was so nervous and anxious that she was shaking, which resulted in her defeat to Ioana Ducu.
- During that phase, she was putting so much pressure on herself that she was neither loving the game nor playing the way she used to play.
- She eventually listed the help of a counselor and focussed on sports psychology with her coach. She especially used Dr. Steve Peters’s Chimp Paradox theory to overcome her anxiety.
- In 2014, she made her WTA Tour main draw debut at the Aegon Classic. She had managed to negotiate the qualifying rounds but couldn’t progress beyond the first round as she had to retire because of a hip injury during the match.
- In 2018, she competed in the main round of the Wimbledon as a wildcard entry. However, she was demolished in straight sets by Tamira Paszek.
- Follow her on Twitter.
Featured Image by Diliff / Wikimedia / CC BY 3.0