|Kyle Walker Quick Info|
|Height||5 ft 10 in|
|Date of Birth||May 28, 1990|
Kyle Walker is an English footballer known for playing as a right back for the clubs like Manchester City and Tottenham Hotspur. He was a mainstay for Tottenham Hotspur for a little under a decade. And, since his move to Manchester City, he has proved to be a key member of the team that set new standards in the 2017-18 season, including becoming the first team to complete 100 points in the season. His surging runs from the defense and physical presence makes him a key component of attacking play for any team.
Kyle Andrew Walker
Sheffield, England, UK
Kyle Walker went to the Porter Croft Infant & Junior School. He later got enrolled at the High Storrs School, where he studied until 2006.
He started his soccer journey in the youth academy of Sheffield United.
Professional Soccer Player
- Father – Michael Walker
- Mother – Tracey Walker
- Siblings – Unknown
Kyle Walker is represented by Mark Rankine.
Right Back, Center Back
2 – Manchester City, Tottenham Hotspur, England National Team
28 – Tottenham Hotspur
34 – Sheffield United
5 ft 10 in or 178 cm
73 kg or 161 lbs
Girlfriend / Spouse
Kyle Walker has dated –
- Annie Kilner (2009-Present) – Walker started going out with Annie Kilner in 2009. They were in their teens when they started dating and as per Annie, it was love at first sight for both of them. Over the course of their relationship, she has given birth to three sons – Roman, Riaan, and Reign. In July 2018, it was revealed that she was pregnant with their fourth child.
- Carla Howe (2016) – After meeting model and actress Carla Howe at a Penthouse party in May 2016, Kyle pursued her through a series of online texts. However, Carla didn’t pay much heed to his pursuits as she knew that Kyle shares a long-term relationship with Annie Kilner.
Race / Ethnicity
Kyle has English roots on the maternal side and Jamaican roots on the paternal side.
- A mole below the left eye
Kyle Walker has signed a personal endorsement deal with Nike. The endorsement deal requires him to wear Nike cleats and footwear for his professional matches. He also plugs their products on the social media.
Previously, he had signed an endorsement deal with Umbro. His deal with the brand existed from 2009 to 2012.
His religious views aren’t known.
Best Known For
- His 8 season-long stay with Tottenham Hotspur as he made more than 220 appearances for the London based club
- His scintillating performances for Manchester City in his debut season, which resulted in the Premier League and EFL Cup victories
First Soccer Match
In January 2009, Kyle made his professional debut for Sheffield United in The FA Cup third round match against Leyton Orient.
In March 2010, he made his first appearance for Tottenham Hotspur against Portsmouth. His side managed to win the match by 2-0.
In August 2017, Walker made his first competitive start for Manchester City in a league match against Brighton. His side won the match by 2-0 and he was considered as the best player on his side.
In November 2011, he made his first appearance for the England national team in a friendly match against Spain. He was sent in as Scott Parker’s replacement in the 88th minute.
- Attacking Runs
- Sometimes switches off in the match
He hasn’t made an appearance in any theatrical film till now.
First TV Show
Apart from the broadcast of his professional matches, Kyle Walker hasn’t appeared in any TV show till now.
His workout routine and diet plan aren’t known.
Kyle Walker Favorite Things
- Food – Homely food
Source – Manchester Evening News
Kyle Walker Facts
- With his appearance in the playoff final against Burnley in May 2009, he became the youngest Sheffield United player to have played in a match at Wembley Stadium.
- In July 2009, he and Kyle Naughton were purchased from Sheffield by Tottenham Hotspur in a combined transfer deal worth £9 million. He was loaned back to Sheffield for the 2009-2010 season.
- In 2011, he signed a contract extension with Tottenham to extend his stay with the club to 2016. Before he signed the new deal, he was rumored to be on a verge to a permanent move to Aston Villa, where he had already spent an entire season on loan.
- In April 2012, he was selected as the PFA Young Player of the Year. He had managed to overcome competition from Danny Welbeck, Sergio Agüero, Daniel Sturridge, and Alex Oxlade-Chamberlain.
- In October 2013, it was revealed that he had signed a new contract deal with Tottenham, which ensured that the club would retain his services until 2019.
- In April 2017, he was included in the right back position in the PFA Team of the Year. This was his second selection in the PFA Team of the Year.
- In July 2017, Spurs agreed to sell him to Manchester City in a deal worth an initial fees of £45 million. They also agreed further £5 million in performance and appearance-related add-ons.
- In November 2011, he made his first start for the England national team and turned in a Man of the Match performance in their 1-0 victory over Sweden.
- Follow him on Facebook, Twitter, and Instagram.
Featured Image by Kyle Walker / Instagram