Alexandra Lecciones Doig
Lexa Doig, Spark
Toronto, Ontario, Canada
Vancouver, British Columbia, Canada
Lexa went to Don Mills Collegiate Institute to complete secondary education. However, before her final year, she left high school in order to pursue a career in acting.
At young age, Lexa attended rhythmic gymnastics classes. Also as a teenager, she learned the predominant sign language of deaf communities of USA and Canada (also known as the American Sign Language (ASL)).
- Father – David W. Doig (Engineer and former petroleum executive officer)
- Mother – Gloria B. Lecciones (Registered nurse)
- Siblings – Ted Doig (Older Brother)
- Others – Rey-Phillip Santos (Actor) (Cousin), Rowland Santos (Actor) (Cousin)
Lexa is signed with Lauren Levitt & Associates Inc.
5 ft 6 in or 168 cm
115 lbs or 52 kg
Lexa Doig married –
- Michael Shanks (2001 – Present) – Lexa met the Canadian actor Michael Shanks on the set of the TV series Andromeda in 2001. The couple spent two years dating together and got married on August 2, 2003. Lexa and Michael have 2 children, Mia Tabitha (born – September 13, 2004) and Samuel David (born – March 19, 2006).
Race / Ethnicity
Lexa has English, Scottish, Irish, and Filipino ancestry.
Often plays a doctor
35-24-35 in or 89-61-89 cm
6 (US) or 36 (EU)
8 (US) or 5.5 (UK) or 38.5 (EU)
Lexa hasn’t signed any endorsement contract yet.
Doig’s religious beliefs are not known.
Best Known For
Appearing in science fiction series Andromeda as Andromeda Ascendant / Rommie from 2000 to 2005, and in another science fiction series Continuum from 2012 to 2014 as Sonya Valentine.
Lexa first appeared in the science fiction TV movie TekWar: TekLords (1994) playing the role as Cowgirl.
However, Doig had her feature debut in the movie Jungleground (1995) where she played as Spider.
First TV Show
Lexa had her first television appearance in the TV series The Hidden Room in 1993, playing as a Second Girl in an episode titled Marion & Jean.
Lexa’s workout routine and diet plan are not known.
Lexa Doig Favorite Things
Lexa’s favorite things are not known.
Lexa Doig Facts
- Her mother is from Dumaguete City, Philippines.
- Lexa wrote and directed the school play Strawberry Shortcake at the age of six.
- After Lexa watched the theater opera Porgy and Bess, she got interested towards acting. At that time, Lexa was 9.
- When she was 16, Lexa enrolled herself in a vocational modeling program and accepted an invitation from a talent agent, who would represent her.
- Lexa likes to read and rollerblade in her free time. She also loves playing video games, especially RPG (role-playing games) such as Dungeons & Dragons.
- She got her first big role in 2000 via the movie No Alibi where she played the lead role as Camille.
- Lexa has worked on the production of two theater plays including Arsenic and Old Lace and Romeo and Juliet in the past.
- Follow Lexa on her Twitter and Instagram.