Marc Gasol Sáez
Gasol, The Big Burrito
Marc attended Lausanne Collegiate School in Memphis.
Professional Basketball Player
- Father – Agustí Gasol
- Mother – Marisa Sáez
- Siblings – Pau Gasol (Older Brother) (Professional Basketball Player and two time NBA Champion with the Los Angeles Lakers), Adria Gasol (Younger Brother) (Professional Basketball Player)
Gasol is signed with Jason Ranne.
7 ft 1 in or 216 cm
120 kg or 265 lbs
Girlfriend / Spouse
Marc Gasol is married to Cristina Blesa. The couple began dating back in November 2005 and spent 8 years together. On July 7, 2013, Marc and Christina crowned their relationship with a marriage. Together they have a daughter Julia (b. November 2014).
Race / Ethnicity
- Towering height
Marc Gasol’s body specifications may be –
- Chest – 48 in or 122 cm
- Arms / Biceps – 17 in or 43 cm
- Waist – 42 in or 107 cm
Marc has signed sponsorship contract with the sportswear brand Nike.
Also, he has been seen in a TV commercials for Caser and San Miguel (beer).
Gasol was raised Roman Catholic.
Best Known For
Marc is known for being the 2013 Defensive Player of the Year in the NBA league and for being the younger brother of the Spanish basketball superstar Pau Gasol.
First Basketball Match
Gasol had his NBA debut on October 29, 2008 in a 82-71 defeat to Houston Rockets. In his team’s loss, Marc spent a total of 36:24 minutes on the court, scored 12 points and added 12 rebounds.
- Post Shooting
- Finishing through contact
Marc has not performed in a movie yet.
First TV Show
Other than basketball matches, Gasol has appeared in an episode of the TV show Caiga quien caiga in 2007 as himself.
Marc’s personal trainer is not known. However, we have found one video of Gasol’s summer training. You can check it below –
Marc Gasol Favorite Things
- Food – Tuna Sushi
- Sport – Tennis
- Rookie Moment – Defeating Orlando Magic for the season’s first win at home for Memphis Grizzlies
Source – Beale Street Bears
Marc Gasol Facts
- In the 2007 NBA Draft, Marc was selected by the Los Angeles Lakers as the 48th overall pick.
- On February 1, 2008, a trade deal was made between Memphis Grizzlies and Los Angeles Lakers which included an exchange of Marc’s trade rights for his older brother Pau Gasol who would later join the Lakers’ squad. This was the first time a trade happened in which two brothers were included in the NBA.
- On July 9, 2008, Marc penned a contract with the Memphis Grizzlies.
- On December 14, 2011, Gasol extended his deal with the Grizzlies for another 4 years for a price of 58 million dollars.
- During the 2011-2012 season, for the first time, Marc got a chance to appear in an NBA All-Star as a part of the reserve team for the West.
- He performed in his second NBA All-Star in the 2014-2015 season.
- For his performances during the 2014-2015 season, he was named in the All-NBA First Team.
- On July 13, 2015, Marc agreed to another contract extension with the Grizzlies.
- On February 9, 2016, Gasol suffered a broken right foot forcing him to miss the rest of the 2016 NBA Playoffs.
- As a member of the Spanish national team, Marc won the gold medal at the 2006 FIBA World Championship and 2009 FIBA EuroBasket. For a complete list of Marc’s achievements as a player, you may want to visit Wikipedia.
- Follow Marc on his Twitter, Instagram, and Facebook.