|Marija Šerifović Quick Info|
|Height||5 ft 4 in|
|Date of Birth||November 14, 1984|
|Eye Color||Dark Brown|
Marija Šerifović is a Serbian singer, producer, and TV personality. She is best known as the winner of the Eurovision Song Contest 2007 with a song titled Molitva (Prayer) which was also Serbia’s 1st and only win to date.
Marija Šerifović (Serbian: Марија Шерифовић)
Kragujevac, SFR Yugoslavia (now Serbia)
She completed both her primary and secondary education in Kragujevac, Serbia.
She studied Management at a university in Belgrade, Serbia.
Singer, Producer, TV Personality
- Father – Rajko Šerifović (Drummer)
- Mother – Verica Šerifović (Singer, TV Personality)
- Siblings – None
- Others – Danijel Pavlović (Younger Half-Brother) (Singer, Songwriter, Vocal Coach, TV Personality). She also had a half-brother named Dušan who passed away in 2013.
Marija Šerifović is represented by Boško Janković (Manager) in Belgrade, Serbia.
- City Records
- Grand Production
5 ft 4 in or 162.5 cm
70 kg or 154.5 lbs
Girlfriend / Spouse
Marija Šerifović has dated –
- Carmen (2008-2011) –
- Renata Lončarević (2009-2010) – Rumor
- Slavko Kalezić (2013)
- Elena Karić (2015-2016)
Race / Ethnicity
Dark Brown (Natural)
She is religious.
Marija Šerifović Favorite Things
- Personal Quote – “I am not the best. I just find that I can do things that others find impossible.”
Source – Instagram Bio
Marija Šerifović Facts
- She comes from a mixed marriage. Her mom was an Orthodox Christian while her father came from a mix of a Muslim and Orthodox Christian family.
- Her father, according to Marija’s description, used to beat her mother regularly and had an alcohol and gambling problem.
- On March 22, 2020, Anja Stojanović lost both of her parents, her brother, and her 2 dogs in a fire that consumed their apartment in Belgrade, Serbia. Marija started a fundraising campaign for Anja and promised to donate the entirety of profits from her 4th concert in 2020 to her cause.
- Marija stated that her mom had 9 miscarriages, hence why she had no siblings.
- Her father left her mom when she was 9 months pregnant with Marija for another woman. Her younger half-brother Danijel was born from that relationship the next year.
- Marija used to have the lowest grade in Mathematics in high school. When she finally got 2 (equal to D in the United States), she brought trumpet players to school and celebrated.
- She was on the jury panel that chose the entry song for Sweden on the 2009 Eurovision Song Contest. It was a song titled La voix sang in French and English by Malena Ernman.
- A fan blog titled The Eurovision Times tallied the reader’s votes and placed her song, Molitva (Prayer) as 3rd best Eurovision song of all time in 2010.
- Marija was part of the documentary series about her life titled Confession, which aired in 2013 on Prva TV. Among other things, she spoke of her experience coming out as a lesbian. With that, she became the 1st publicly declared LGBT singer in Serbia.
- Her winning song, Molitva, was included on the list of “10 Best Eurovision Winners” composed by The Special Broadcasting Service (SBS) in 2016, and The Independent in 2019.
- Between March and May 2019, she embarked on a tour titled The Other Side of the Record. Besides her own, she sang songs by her favorite artists. Some of those were Whitney Houston, Robbie Williams, Lara Fabian, Toše Proeski, Šaban Šaulić, Adele, Bruno Mars and bands such as Survivor, Aerosmith, and Queen.
- In June 2019, she mentored a young singer, Džejla Ramović, who ultimately won the 13th season of the Serbian singing competition, Zvezde Granda.
- Marija was named “Female Artist of the Year” at the 2019 Music Awards Ceremony.
- She is a big animal lover and has an English bulldog named Huck the Gladiator and another dog named Bella. She also had an English bulldog named Robbie who passed away in November 2017.
Featured Image by Daniel Kruczynski / Flickr / CC BY-SA 2.0