|Mary Elizabeth Winstead Quick Info|
|Height||5 ft 8 in|
|Date of Birth||November 28, 1984|
Mary Elizabeth Winstead is an American actress known for playing the character of Lucy Gennero-McClane in the 2007 action thriller movie, Live Free or Die Hard. Her some of the important roles include Jessica Bennett in the NBC soap opera, Passions, and Gwen Grayson in the 2005 superhero comedy film, Sky High. Winstead has also been titled as scream queen due to her excellent performances in the horror TV series and movies like The Ring Two, Abraham Lincoln: Vampire Hunter, and Wolf Lake.
Mary Elizabeth Winstead
Rocky Mount, North Carolina, U.S.
Winstead attended Peruvian Park Elementary School. To polish her dance skills, Winstead took lessons at the Joffrey Ballet summer program in Chicago, Illinois.
However, after she quit ballet, Elizabeth was homeschooled so that she could focus more on her acting career.
Actress, Singer, Former Dancer
- Father – James Ronald Winstead
- Mother – Betty Lou (née Knight)
- Siblings – Mary has 3 older sisters and an older brother.
- Others – Ambler William “Jack” Winstead (Paternal Grandfather), Oveda Rochelle Proctor (Paternal Grandmother), The Rev. Johnnie /Johnny Wilbur /Wilber Knight (Maternal Grandfather), Virgie Kathleen Strickland (Maternal Grandmother), Ava Gardner (Distant Relative)
Mary Elizabeth is managed by Anonymous Content.
French Pop, Hip-Hop, Trip-Hop, Indie Pop, Jazz
Elizabeth has released her music through Bulk Recordings.
5 ft 8 in or 173 cm
55 kg or 121 lbs
Boyfriend / Spouse
Winstead has dated –
- Michael Angarano (2005) – It was speculated that she had a fling with actor, director, and producer, Michael Angarano, in 2005.
- Riley Stearns – Winstead and film director and television writer, Riley Stearns, met when she was 18. The couple got married in 2010. However, in 2017, Mary Elizabeth Winstead and Riley Stearns got divorced.
- Ewan McGregor (2017-Present) – After splitting from her husband in 2017, Winstead started dating actor Ewan McGregor. They had met during the shooting of the 3rd season of the TV series, Fargo.
Race / Ethnicity
She is of English descent.
- Low pitch voice
- Bright Eyes
Mary has not endorsed any brand yet.
She is a Southern Baptist.
Best Known For
- Playing Sophia Donner /Sophia Kohanek in the TV horror series, Wolf Lake (2001-2002)
- Having been cast as Wendy Christensen in the 2006 supernatural horror film, Final Destination 3
- Enacting the character of Mary Todd Lincoln in the 2012 dark fantasy horror film, Abraham Lincoln: Vampire Hunter
Mary Elizabeth released her first studio album, I Love You but I Must Drive Off This Cliff Now, as a part of the music duo Got a Girl, which had music producer Dan the Automator as its other half, on July 22, 2014, via Bulk Recordings.
Mary made her first theatrical film appearance as Young Evelyn in the supernatural psychological horror film, The Ring Two, in 2005.
First TV Show
Elizabeth made her first TV show appearance as Kristy Cordis in the supernatural drama series, Touched by an Angel, in 1997.
Elizabeth prefers to hit the gym whenever she gets time to maintain a healthy and strong physique. She indulges in light cardio workouts and weightlifting exercises along with running and kickboxing.
Mary Elizabeth Winstead Favorite Things
- Movies – Sunset Boulevard (1950), Fargo (1996), Rosemary’s Baby (1968), The Shining (1980), Alien (1979)
Source – IMDb
Mary Elizabeth Winstead Facts
- At the age of 5, Mary shifted to Sandy, Utah with her family.
- She is a former ballet dancer. However, Mary had to quit ballet as, apparently, she grew too tall for the art form.
- Mary was a member of the International Children’s Choir.
- Before stepping into acting, Elizabeth wanted to become a ballerina and had also performed in local ballet productions.
- Winstead started her singing career in 2007 by singing a cappella cover of The Shirelles‘ famous hit, Baby It’s You.
- She co-wrote a song, Warmth of Him, with music producer Thai Long Ly in 2007.
- Mary is fond of cooking, dancing, and singing.
- Empire magazine ranked Mary as one of the 100 Sexiest Stars in Film History in 2007.
- She was once placed at the 10th place on Maxim‘s “Hottest Women of Horror Movies” list.
- At FHM‘s 100 Sexiest Women of 2009, Mary was ranked at the #88th spot.
- In 2009, Empire magazine selected Winstead as one of the 20 “young, talented, and happening right now”.
- In 2010, Mary was titled as one of the “Hottest Girls of Comic-Con”.
- Winstead was ranked at the 17th spot out of a total of 101 for Men’s Health ‘Hottest Women of 2011’ list.
- Mary was initially considered to play Gwen Stacy in The Amazing Spider-Man (2012). But, Emma Stone got the role instead.
- Mary Elizabeth Winstead doesn’t have any verified social media account.
Featured Image by Gage Skidmore / Flickr / CC BY-SA 3.0