Matthew Robert Patrick
Medina, Ohio, United States
Los Angeles, California, United States
Patrick was a studious student and he took his education very seriously. He was enthusiast about learning so much so that he spent his summer vacations taking courses at college campuses earning him the opportunity in becoming the valedictorian during the graduation ceremony.
Matthew had a great interest in musical theater. He earned a perfect SAT score, and a full academic scholarship into the Duke University. He graduated Summa Cum Laude with a double major in Nero-science and Theater (acting and directing) from the Duke University.
Internet Personality, Actor, Writer, Producer
- Father – Unknown
- Mother – Unknown
- Siblings – None
5 ft 11 in or 180 cm
72 kg or 159 lbs
Girlfriend / Spouse
Matthew Patrick has dated –
- Stephanie Cordato – Matthew met Stephanie while he was studying at Duke University in the video game programming course. Stephanie is the owner and Director of Digital Strategy at Theorist Media. They started working on projects together which brought them closer and they together created the Legend of Zelda parody called The Epic of Stew. They got married on May 19, 2012, in North Carolina.
Race / Ethnicity
- Long face with squared chin
- Perfectly straight nose
- Frown lines
Matthew Patrick hasn’t done endorsement work for any brand yet.
His religious views aren’t known publicly.
Best Known For
- Creating the YouTube web series, Game Theory. He is also the narrator for the web series, usually commenting on topics relating to logic, scientific accuracy, and the gaming industry as a whole. The channel has more than 10 million subscribers.
- Creating the spinoff Film Theory, where he deduced his own conclusions concerning film and television storytelling and industry concepts in a rather scientific and unique way.
- Creating several other gaming channels such as GTLive, one of YouTube’s first gaming channels in 2015, and YouTube Red series MatPat’s Game Lab in 2016. There are more than 13 million subscribers and more than 1.7 billion views across his channels.
- Starring in the game show, The Runner, produced by Ben Affleck and Matt Damon in July 2016. The show was available on Go90.
- Being the Founder and President of Theorist Media Inc., which he co-owns with his spouse, Stephanie. Theorist Media is a digital media production and consulting company that has helped some of the biggest tech and media brands in the world to build and manage their own audience online.
He hasn’t made his theatrical film debut yet.
First TV Show
He is yet to make an appearance on a TV show. But, he has been featured in many web series on YouTube beginning with Game Theory in 2011.
Matthew Patrick’s workout routine and diet plans aren’t known.
Matthew Patrick Favorite Things
- Game Putting Into Real Life – For Honor
Source – Geek Dad
Matthew Patrick Facts
- He owns a cat named Skip who appears in his videos as ‘CatPat’.
- After college, he moved to New York City in order to pursue an acting career. He worked in theaters but he later quit because the income was low.
- He could not find a job for 2 years as no one wanted to hire him. That was before he launched his gaming series.
- His opening line is always “Hello internet, welcome to…”.
- Matthew played Empoleon in the Pokken Tournament DX Invitational in 2017.
- Visit his official merchandise website @ creatormash.com/collections/theory-wear.
- Follow him on Facebook, Twitter, YouTube, and Instagram.
Featured Image by Vortexile / YouTube / CC BY-3.0