|Michelle Gomez Quick Info|
|Height||5 ft 4 in|
|Date of Birth||November 23, 1966|
Michelle Gomez is a Scottish actress best known for playing Missy in Doctor Who (2014-2017) and Sue White in Green Wing (2004-2007). She has more than 700k followers on Instagram and more than 100k followers on Twitter.
Glasgow, Scotland, United Kingdom
New York, United States
Michelle went to Shawlands Academy from 1978 till 1983.
She studied acting at the Royal Scottish Academy of Music and Drama.
- Father – Tony Gomez (Photographer)
- Mother – May Gomez (Modeling Agent)
- Siblings – Derek Gomez (Twin Brother) (Died in 2004). She also has 2 other older brothers.
5 ft 4 in or 162.5 cm
51 kg or 112.5 lbs
Boyfriend / Spouse
Michelle has dated –
- Jack Davenport (1999-Present) – Michelle married actor Jack Davenport on May 1, 2000. They welcomed son Harry Davenport in 2010.
Race / Ethnicity
She has Portuguese-Montserratian ancestry on her father’s side and is of Scottish descent on her mother’s side.
She has done endorsement work for the following brands –
- Direct Line Insurance (2012)
- Yves Saint Laurent
Michelle Gomez Favorite Things
- ‘Missy’ Line From Doctor Who – Tell him the B**ch is back
- Flavors Of Muffin – Blueberry Muffin, Carrot Raisin Muffin
- Book – The Bonfire of the Vanities by Tom Wolfe
Source – BlogtorWho.com
Michelle Gomez Facts
- In 2014, she became the first female actor to play the incarnation of the Master (The Mistress in her case) in Doctor Who. Her portrayal of Missy was well-received and paved the way for Jodie Whittaker to play the first female Doctor after taking over from Peter Capaldi in 2017.
- Michelle earned a ‘Best Supporting Actress’ nomination for Missy at the British Academy Scotland Awards in 2015 and the BAFTA TV Awards in 2016.
- She has a Jack Russell Terrier named Frank.
Featured Image by Gage Skidmore / Wikimedia / CC BY-SA 3.0