|Nandish Sandhu Quick Info|
|Date of Birth||December 25, 1981|
Nandish Sandhu is an aspiring Indian actor and model who came to prominence with his portrayal of Veer Singh Bundela in Uttaran (2009-2012). Besides that, Nandish has also appeared in a number of other shows like Beintehaa (2013), Encounter (2014), and Yeh Vaada Raha (2015-2016). He has also been highly appreciated for his silver screen appearances in hit films like Super 30 (2019) and Family Of Thakurganj (2019). The star has worked alongside the likes of many well-known actors like Hrithik Roshan, Mrunal Thakur, Jimmy Shergill, and Tina Datta. Adding to his list of notabilities is the fact that he was once married to actress Rashami Desai. Over time, Nandish has also amassed a huge fan base with more than 200k followers on Facebook, more than 1 million followers on Instagram, and more than 100k followers on Twitter.
Bharatpur, Rajasthan, India
Mumbai, Maharashtra, India
Nandish studied at St. Peters prior to enrolling himself at the Rashtriya Indian Military College in Dehradun, Uttrakhand. In the past, he also attained a degree in hotel management from the Institute of Hotel Management, Catering Technology and Applied Nutrition, Mumbai.
- Father – Ravi Sandhu
- Mother – Unknown
- Siblings – Unknown
6 ft or 183 cm
80 kg or 176.5 lbs
Boyfriend / Spouse
Nandish has dated –
- Rashami Desai (2009-2016) – Nandish and actress Rashami Desai came in contact with one other for the very first time on the set of Uttaran in 2009. It was weeks after they met that they started making small talk with each other. Gradually the duo became close friends for almost a year before they started dating one another in 2011. The following year, they tied the knot on February 12, 2012, in Dholpur. The year she got married, Rashami, took the courage to reveal on Jhalak Dikhhla Jaa 5, that she had gone through a miscarriage in the past. Later, in 2013, Nandish and Rashami had their 2nd child, a girl named Manya Desai. However, towards 2014, their relationship began to take a turn for the worse. During that year, there had also been several rumors that the couple was splitting. Nevertheless, Nandish and Rashami rubbished the rumors at the time. Later, the couple got back together for a while and even took part in Nach Baliye 7 (2015), before finally legally parting ways in 2016. The couple’s relationship did not end on a good note and the media highlighted the statements of Rashami stating on more than one occasion that her relationship “was always abusive”. However, Nandish had denied all allegations. He added that he had never had an “extra-marital affair what-so-ever.” He also stated “Does she even understand what it means? Abuse can be physical, verbal, mental or sexual. I want her to specify nature. I have never raised my hand on her. Even I have gone through mental torture like her. I didn’t work for a year due to the stress caused by our relationship.” Later, Nandish also told the media, that it was a mutual decision made by them.
- Ankita Shorey – In the past, Nandish was speculated to have been dating model Ankita Shorey. However, in December 2015, he finally came clean about the rumors stating “I am not dating Ankita Shorey. In fact, I am not dating anyone currently. Whenever I get into a relationship I will be vocal about it and not hide it as has always been that way for me.” Hence, putting an end to the rumors.
Race / Ethnicity
He is of Punjabi Sikh heritage.
- Aquiline nose
- Thick eyebrows
- Combs his hair back to the right
Nandish has appeared in various print and television ads for brands such as –
- TT Garments
- ITC Superia Soap
- Big Bazaar
- Set Max Channel ID Promo
- Apple Jaquzi and bathtubs
- Commercial for Microsoft
- Filmfare Magazine Promotion
- Reliance Telecom
- Tata Indicom Calender
- Jet Airways
- Fisher Club Wear
- Aptech Computers
- GM Computers
Through his social media, Nandish has either endorsed or promoted various brands like NAKA Clothing, Jack & Jones, Bestseller, Fila, Nike, Lecoanet Hemant, Escaro Royalé, and New Sense Branding.
Best Known For
- His work alongside many actors like Hrithik Roshan, Tina Datta, Mrunal Thakur, Virendra Saxena, Pankaj Tripathi, Aditya Shrivastava, Jimmy Sheirgill, Mahie Gil, Saurabh Shukla, Sudhir Pandey, and Supriya Pilgaonkar
- Being cast as Veer Singh Bundela in Uttaran (2009-2012), Thakur Aditya Singh in Phir Subah Hogi (2012), Rehan Habeeb Khan in Beintehaa (2013), Pranav Kumar in Super 30 (2019), and as Munnu in Family Of Thakurganj (2019)
- Achieving several awards such as the Zee Gold Award for “Best Debut”, Lions Club Award for “Best Television Actor”, Sangam National Award for “Best Actor”, and Zee Rishtey Award for “Best Beta”
He made his first theatrical film appearance in the film Dabangg 2 in 2012.
First TV Show
Nandish made his debut TV show appearance as Raunak Singhaniya in Kasturi in 2007.
As of 2019, Nandish was training under the guidance of Tejas Lalwani.
He does go to the gym whenever he gets the chance. Besides that, he is committed to outdoor workouts especially at the beach, as he loves to listen to the sound of the sea.
His outdoor workout as of 2013, mostly consisted of exercises like the diamond crunches, running, pushups, and squats.
Besides that, Nandish also believes that the key to his fitness is a good diet. Healthy eating is one of the things that top of his list. He also makes sure to consume the required amount of protein every day.
Nandish Sandhu Favorite Things
- Scene On Uttaran – “When Nandish confronts actor Ayub Khan a day and asks him where Ichha played by actress Tina Datta is”
Source – YouTube
Nandish Sandhu Facts
- He was raised in Dholpur. Later, Nandish moved to Mumbai to attain a degree in hotel management.
- His childhood dream was to become a fighter pilot. He even joined the prestigious Royal Indian Military College, Dehradun.
- Prior to becoming an actor, he worked at Taj Hotels. According to reports, Nandish also worked at a call center in the past.
- Nandish began his career as a model during the 3rd year of his hotel management course. One of his first print shoots was for Aptech.
- He had a cameo appearance in the song Dagabaaz Re from Dabangg 2 in 2012.
- Nandish enjoys drinking a cup of tea as soon as he gets on his set.
- He strongly believes in good communication off-screen as well with his co-stars in order to get the best results from acting.
- Nandish is obsessed with photography and is incredibly skilled at it. On the other hand, Nandish can also play the violin.
- He is said to be a short-tempered person.
- In 2012, Nandish replaced actor Anuj Sachdev who parted ways from Phir Subah Hogi (2012-2013).
- Nandish was associated with an anti-drug campaign in the past.
- He also goes by the name Nandish Singh.
- Nandish enjoys spending his time at the beach.
- He admires actor Hrithik Roshan‘s physique the most. He also considers him to be his big brother.
- Nandish is the proud owner of Box Cricket League’s The Ahmedabad Express team.
- He has received the Golden Achievers Award for “Excellence Award in performing Art” in 2011,2012,2015, and 2016.
- In 2012, Nandish had broken his thumb after a fight scene in the show Phir Subah Hogi.
- Follow Nandish Sandhu on Instagram, Twitter, and Facebook.
Featured Image By Nandish Sandhu / Instagram