|Natasha Jonas Quick Info|
|Height||5 ft 7 in|
|Date of Birth||June 18, 1984|
Natasha Jonas is a professional boxer known for her successful boxing career. She has participated in various championships like the Women’s European Union Amateur Boxing Championship. She has done endorsement work for brands like Rival Boxing Gear, Applied Nutrition, Nutri Bar. She has a mild social media fan base with more than 20k followers on Instagram and more than 30k followers on Twitter.
Natasha Paula Jonas
Liverpool, England, United Kingdom
Natasha Jonas studied at the St. Peter’s College in New Jersey for 18 months on a soccer scholarship. She later got enrolled at the Edge Hill University in Lancashire in a media studies course.
- Father – Terry Jonas
- Mother – Ester Jonas
- Siblings – Nikita Parris (Younger Sister) (Professional Soccer Player)
Natasha Jonas can be reached through Gallagher’s Boxing Gym.
5 ft 7 in or 170 cm
60 kg or 132 lbs
Boyfriend / Spouse
Natasha Jonas has opted to keep her personal life away from the spotlight, which has made it difficult for us to say anything about her love life and dating history.
Race / Ethnicity
- Hazel eyes
- Cute Smile
Natasha Jonas has used her social media activity to endorse a couple of products and brands such as –
- Gallagher’s Boxing Gym
- Rival Boxing Gear
- Applied Nutrition
- Nutri Bar
Her religious views aren’t known publicly.
Best Known For
Her successful boxing career. As an amateur boxer, she managed to win multiple ABA Championships. She also managed to win a gold medal at Women’s European Union Amateur Boxing Championship in 2009.
Natasha hasn’t been cast in any theatrical film yet.
First TV Show
In 2016, Natasha Jonas made her first TV show appearance as a commentator on Sky Sports World Championship.
Natasha has a very grueling and intense workout regime in place to prepare for her battles in the ring. She usually hits the gym thrice a day and 5 days a week. However, when she is not preparing for a boxing bout, she dials her workout down and gives her body an opportunity to heal.
To improve her speed in the ring, she focuses on sprints and fartlek running. Plyometric exercises and ladder feet drills are also useful in achieving this goal. She has also added CrossFit and circuit training exercises to her workout regime to make herself more explosive in the ring.
Natasha starts her typical circuit training workout with a 10 minutes warmup on an exercise bike, cross-trainer or treadmill. She then selects a series of exercises. Each exercise is done for 10 repetitions and then without taking rest, she moves on to the next exercise. She repeats the process until she is done with all the exercises. She mostly selects bodyweight exercises for her circuit.
Natasha Jonas Favorite Things
- Healthy Lunch – Sweet Potatoes
Source – Explosive Mode
Natasha Jonas Facts
- It was her father’s love of boxing that got her into the sport. She often used to accompany him to his boxing gym and eventually started training there.
- In her teens, she turned out for the Liverpool Ladies soccer team. She was even selected to represent England at the under-18 level. Natasha had to give up her soccer career after she suffered a knee ligament injury, which left her in a leg brace for quite some time.
- In December 2009, she achieved the unique distinction of being the first female boxer to compete for GB Boxing.
- At the 2012 AIBA Women’s World Amateur Boxing Championship, she became the first female British boxer to qualify for the Olympic Games. She also managed to win a bronze medal at the championship.
- While competing as the first ever female British Olympian boxer, she managed to reach the quarter-finals at the 2012 Beijing Olympics.
- She was employed by the Liverpool City Council for 5 years.
- Natasha has served as a mentor for the Youth Sports Trust for 4 years. In her position, she worked to raise awareness about healthy lifestyles and sports amongst school-age children.
- About 16 months before the 2016 Rio Olympics, she decided to retire from boxing. She eventually came out of retirement to turn professional.
- Visit her official website @ natashajonas.co.uk.
- Follow her on Twitter, Facebook, and Instagram.
Featured Image by Natasha Jonas / Instagram