Joliet, Illinois, United States
Nick Offerman went to the Minooka High School and graduated in 1989.
He later got enrolled at the University of Illinois at Urbana–Champaign to graduate in 1993 with a Bachelor of Fine Arts in acting.
Actor, voice actor, producer, writer, humorist, stand-up comedian, carpenter
- Father – Ric Offerman (Social studies teacher in junior high school)
- Mother – Cathy Roberts (Nurse)
- Siblings – Matt Offerman (Brother), Laurie Offerman (Sister), Carrie Offerman (Sister)
- Others – Raymond Eugene Offerman (Paternal Grandfather) (Served as Mayor of Minooka), Marilynn Olivia Dames (Paternal Grandmother), Michael Donald Roberts (Maternal Grandfather), Eloise Catherine Loucks (Maternal Grandmother)
Nick Offerman is represented by United Talent Agency.
5 ft 11 in or 180 cm
91 kg or 201 lbs
Girlfriend / Spouse
Nick Offerman has dated
- Megan Mullally (2003-Present) – Nick met his wife Megan Mullally just after the end of the second season of sitcom, Will & Grace while working in the play, which was staged at The Evidence Room Theater in Los Angeles. Nick knew from the very first day that she was special. After dating for around 18 months, they got married in September 2003. She worked alongside him in Will & Grace as well as Parks and Recreation.
Race / Ethnicity
On his father’s side, he has German (Swiss German as well) ancestry. On his mother’s side, he is of distant German, Welsh as well as English, German and Irish descent.
- Mustache with full beard
- Blue Eyes
His body specifications may be –
- Chest – 45 in or 114 cm
- Arms / Biceps – 15 in or 38 cm
- Waist – 39 in or 99 cm
Nick Offerman has lent his voice to a series of TV commercials for canned sloppy joe sauce brand, Manwich.
He has also appeared in a TV advert for Movember Foundation.
His religious views aren’t known.
Best Known For
- Being cast as Ron Swanson in the acclaimed political comedy, Parks and Recreation.
- Playing the role of Karl Weathers in anthology crime drama, Fargo in 2015.
In 1997, Nick made his film debut in the role of Wilks in the drama movie, Going All the Way.
First TV Show
In 1997, Nick made his first TV show appearance in Ambush episode of medical drama series, ER.
While he was playing the role of Ron Swanson, the show producers asked him to stay beefy and stay away from the gym. He was advised to eat high calorie and high carb meals while he was working on the show.
However, after the show drew close to an end, Nick changed his eating habits to become healthy. Also, he had to lose weight for Broadway play, Annapurna in which he was working with his wife. He binned some of the unhealthy foods he was hitting.
Also, he resorts to grilling burgers at his home to make sure that he can still eat healthy while indulging. He debuted his tremendous weight loss at the 29th Annual Lucille Lortel Awards in May 2014.
Nick Offerman Favorite Things
- Disneyland Ride – Mr. Toad’s Wild Ride
- Scotch Brand – Lagavulin The Balvenie
- Best Way to Cook Eggs and Bacon – In iron skillet over oak fire
- Woodwork Achievement – His first canoe, Huckleberry
- MLB Team – Chicago Cubs
- NFL Team – Chicago Bears
- Author – Wendell Berry
- Books – Lord of the Rings trilogy, Chronicles of Narnia books, and the Madeleine L’Engle books
- Ideal Outfit – Denim and work boots
- Beers – Old Rasputin or Guinness
Nick Offerman Facts
- While growing up, he used to spend most of his free time at his grandfather’s farm. He has credited his grandfather as the single biggest comedic influence on his life.
- While studying in high school, he used to participate in a host of sports. He also used to play saxophone and it was during this period, he fell in love with acting.
- While studying at the University, he used to employ his carpentry skills in creating props for local theaters, which allowed him a certain level of financial freedom.
- After completion of his university studies, he moved to Chicago for better acting opportunities. In Chicago, he collaborated with his friends to establish the experimental acting group, Defiant theatre.
- In his free time, he likes to play guitar.
- In 2004, he went in for the role of Michael Scott for the American remake of The Office. However, he was rejected in auditions.
- Although he wasn’t included in the cast for The Office, he did manage to impress one of the producers, Michael Schur, who jotted his name down and when he was looking for a cast for Parks and Recreations, he signed Nick up.
- In his early struggling days in Los Angeles, he used to work on building cabins and decks to ease his financial problems. He also took odd roofing jobs as well.
- Along with being a master craftsman, he is also a professional canoe builder. He runs a side furniture business, Offerman Woodshop and has even launched a website for his business @ OffermanWoodshop.com.
- He got his first taste of stage when he was made an altar boy in the local Catholic Church.
- Offerman has released a series of semi-autobiographical books, in which he mixes anecdotes about his life with tips on workmanship and life in general.
- In the mid-90s, he worked in the position of fight choreographer with the Steppenwolf theater company. He also did carpentry work for them.
- Visit his official website @ offermanwoodshop.com.
- Follow him on Facebook, Twitter, and Instagram.