|Nicole da Silva Quick Info|
|Height||5 ft 7 in|
|Date of Birth||September 18, 1981|
Nicole da Silva is an Australian actress who is best known for having been cast as Franky Doyle in the television crime drama series, Wentworth, for its first 6 seasons and finally leaving the show in 2018. She also won the ASTRA Award in the “Most Outstanding Performance by an Actor (Female)” category for her performance in the series. Nicole da Silva has also gained much critical acclaim for her portrayal of Lisa Testro in the TV crime drama series, Carla Cametti PD. Apart from this, she has appeared in a variety of other TV shows and movies which include All Saints, Home and Away, Final Call, Dangerous, East West 101, The List, Rush, Cop Hard, Stuffed, Drama, Gortimer Gibbon’s Life on Normal Street, Doctor Doctor, Have You Been Paying Attention?, and The Tangle. She has also co-founded a production company, 4 One One, along with her Wentworth co-star Danielle Cormack. Moreover, she is also an active stage performer and has been a part of several stage productions which include Kenneth Lonergan’s This is Our Youth and Federico Garcia Lorca’s Blood Wedding. Nicole da Silva has also garnered a major fan base with her acting prowess and has more than 100k followers on Twitter, more than 80k followers on Facebook, and more than 220k followers on Instagram. Moreover, she was honored as the National Champion of UN Women Australia in February 2014.
Nicole da Silva
Sydney, New South Wales, Australia
Nicole da Silva attended Girraween High School located in Girraween, in the Greater Western Suburbs of Sydney, New South Wales. Then, she got enrolled at the University of New South Wales to graduate as a bachelor of arts but soon dropped out.
Later, she went on to study dramatic arts at the Western Sydney University which is located in the Greater Western region of Sydney.
- Father – Unknown
- Mother – Unknown
- Siblings – Unknown
Nicole da Silva is represented by –
- Sue Barnett & Associates, Talent Agency, Surry Hills, Australia
- Phoenix Artists, Talent Agency, New York, United States
5 ft 7 in or 170 cm
55 kg or 121 lbs
Boyfriend / Spouse
Nicole da Silva has dated –
- Joshua Biton – It was speculated that American actor Joshua Biton and Nicole da Silva were an item in the past. However, nothing is confirmed about their dating history.
Note – Nicole da Silva announced the news of her first pregnancy in April 2018 and also shared with her fans that her due date was in July 2018. She then posted a short video with her baby on Instagram in November 2018 but nothing is known about the gender of the child or the identity of the child’s father.
Race / Ethnicity
She is of Portuguese descent.
- Almond eyes
- Pointed chin
- Thin lips
Nicole da Silva has appeared in a Fox Footy commercial.
Best Known For
- Having been cast in a number of shows such as All Saints (2005) as Sasha Fernandez, Home and Away (2006) as Jane Simms, Dangerous (2007) as Erica “EC” Eulestra, East West 101 (2007) as Lily, Rush (2008-2011) as Stella Dagostino, Carla Cametti PD (2009) as Lisa Testro, Cop Hard (2011) as Syvan, Wentworth (2013-2018) as Franky Doyle, Gortimer Gibbon’s Life on Normal Street (2016) as Dvora Henwick, Doctor Doctor (from 2016) as Charlie Knight, and Have You Been Paying Attention? (2017) as herself
- Appearing in several films like Final Call (2006) as a Pharmacist, The List (2008) as Subiaco’s Ex-wife, Drama (2015) as Nana, and The Tangle (2018) as Francesca
- Winning the ASTRA Award in 2014 in the “Most Outstanding Performance by an Actor (Female)” category for her performance in the television drama series, Wentworth, and getting nominated for Logie Award in 2015 in the “Most Outstanding Actress” category for the same
Nicole da Silva made her first feature film appearance as Nana in the comedy romance drama film, Drama, in 2015.
First TV Show
Nicole da Silva made her first TV show appearance cast as Sasha Fernandez in an episode, titled Happy New Year, of the medical drama series, All Saints, in February 2005.
Nicole da Silva Favorite Things
- Film – Labyrinth
- TV Watching Companion – Her pajamas
- One Of Her Favorite Actors – Violet Davis
Source – FoxShowcase.com.au, HushHushBiz.com
Nicole da Silva Facts
- She grew up in Sydney, Australia.
- Her parents were the natives of Alte and Loulé, in southern Portugal.
- Nicole da Silva is the most recognized for her part in the television drama series, Wentworth, in which she starred in the first 6 seasons before bidding farewell to the show in 2018.
- Nicole da Silva was named as the first National Champion of UN Women Australia in February 2014. She has contributed to creating awareness about women’s empowerment and gender equality through various events.
- She was once nominated for a Monte Carlo Television Award in the “Best Actress” category for her performance as Lisa Testro in the television crime series, Carla Cametti PD.
- In 2018, she won a Graham Kennedy Award nomination in the Most Outstanding New Talent category for her role as Erica “EC” Eulestra in the TV drama series, Dangerous.
- Nicole da Silva is well-versed in Portuguese.
- She once founded, 4 One One, a production company along with her Wentworth co-star, Danielle Cormack.
- She enjoys the company of nature and loves being outside surrounded by the bounties of nature.
- One of Nicole da Silva’s fellow graduates at the Western Sydney University included actor, director, writer, producer, and filmmaker, Joel Edgerton.
- She is also a stage artist and has been a part of several productions such as Kenneth Lonergan’s This is Our Youth and Federico Garcia Lorca’s Blood Wedding.
- Follow Nicole da Silva on Instagram, Facebook, and Twitter.
Featured Image by Pete247 / Wikimedia / CC BY-SA 4.0