|Nicole Maines Quick Info|
|Height||5 ft 8 in|
|Date of Birth||October 7, 1997|
Nicole Maines is an American actress and transgender activist who is a strong woman with a clear mind and a loud voice. She is fearless in regards to the safety and equality of every transgender person. Maines created history when the Supreme Court ruled in favor of her stating that every transgender student has the same rights as their classmates. Nicole has a mild social media fan base with more than 10k followers on Instagram and more than 10k followers on Twitter.
Wyatt Benjamin Maines
(Later changed to Nicole Amber Maines)
Gloversville, New York, United States
Portland, Maine, United States
Nicole Maines studied at the Asa C. Adams Elementary School and Orono Middle School in Maine. She completed her high school in Waynflete High School in Portland, Maine.
She joined the University of Maine, to study studio arts, new media, and communications in 2015.
Actress, Transgender Activist
- Father – Wayne Maines
- Mother – Kelly Maines
- Siblings – Jonas Maines (Identical Twin Brother)
Nicole is represented by Steven Simon of California-based Landis-Simon Productions and Talent Management.
5 ft 8 in or 173 cm
57 kg or 125.5 lbs
Boyfriend / Spouse
Nicole Maines has rarely spoken about her personal life in public which makes it difficult for us to ascertain anything about her love life.
Race / Ethnicity
Dark Brown (Natural)
She often tends to dye her hair ‘green’ or ‘blue’.
- Oval face
- Beautiful smile
Nicole Maines hasn’t done endorsement work for any brand yet.
Best Known For
- Winning a court case in the Doe v. Regional School Unit 26, where for the first time, a judge ruled that it was unlawful for any school body to deny a student from accessing a bathroom on the basis of their gender identity rather than their physical sex. It was seen as a major victory for the transgender community.
- Appearing in the transgender role in numerous TV series like USA Network’s show Royal Pains (2015)
First TV Show
In 2015, she made her first TV show appearance on the comedy-drama series Royal Pains as Anna.
Nicole Maines Facts
- She was raised in Portland, Maine.
- Nicole Maines and her twin brother were adopted at birth from Kelly’s second cousin.
- At the age of 3, she was certain that she was a transgender.
- While changing her name from Wyatt, she chose Nicole as she felt a connection to that particular character from Nickelodeon’s Zoey 101.
- In 2015, Washington Post writer Amy Ellis Nutt released a book based on the journey of the Maines family and their coming to terms with Nicole’s new identity under the title Becoming Nicole: The Transformation of an American Family.
- Nicole was included in HBO’s documentary which was about 11 transgender individuals titled The Trans List in 2016.
- In 2018, Nicole became the first transgender to play a superhero character on a TV series. She played Nia Nal / Dream Girl on The CW series Supergirl.
- She was included in Glamour magazine’s “50 Most Inspiring Women Of The Year” list in 2014.
- In 2014, she made it to the list of “14 Most Fearless Teens Of 2014”.
- In May 2016, she appeared on TED Talks to share her experience as a transgender.
- Follow her on Twitter and Instagram.
Featured Image by Nicole Maines / Instagram