|Omi Vaidya Quick Info|
|Height||5 ft 4½ in|
|Date of Birth||January 10, 1982|
Omi Vaidya is an American actor known for his character of Chatur Ramalingam from the film 3 Idiots. He has also worked as an editor and a director for various short films. Omi has been a part of projects in Hollywood and Bollywood as well. He started doing small roles after graduating from college. His first performance was in the series Arrested Development followed by The Office and Bones. He got his breakthrough in the film 3 Idiots in 2009. He had actually auditioned for the role of one of the idiots but later got selected for the role of the NRI that was not actually written. Omi has a huge social media fan base with more than 300k followers on Twitter.
Yucca Valley, California, United States
Omi attended the Los Angeles County High School for the Arts and later went to the University of California, Santa Cruz. He completed his graduation from the Tisch School of the Arts at New York University and graduated with honors.
Actor, Director, Editor, Writer, and Television Presenter
- Siblings – He has a brother who is a doctor.
He is managed by Ankita Kasbekar.
5 ft 4½ in or 164 cm
68 kg or 150 lbs
Girlfriend / Spouse
Omi has dated –
- Minal Patel (2009-Present) – Omi is married to Minal who is a Ph.D. in public health. They became parents to a son on June 24, 2015. During the shooting of films like Desi Boyz and Players, he and his wife were in a long-distance relationship. She was completing her Ph.D. in Los Angeles, while, Omi was shooting for Hindi films in India.
Race / Ethnicity
He has Marathi ancestry.
He has a comic face.
Omi has been associated with various brands such as –
- Sony Playstation Portable (2007)
- Kraft Macaroni & Cheese (2005)
Best Known For
Playing the character of Chatur Ramalingam, a nerdy engineering student in the film 3 Idiots in 2009
He made his feature film debut as Mukesh in Internet Date in 2004.
First TV Show
He made his TV show debut on Arrested Development as Rav Nadir in 2005.
Omi Vaidya Favorite Things
- Singer – Michael Jackson
- Food – Potato Chips
- Hobbies – Playing Tennis, Board Games, Eating exotic food, Watching a film or a TV show
- TV Shows – Seinfeld, Modern Family
- Books – Never Let Me Go
- Movie – Charlie and the Chocolate Factory
- Travel Destinations – Tahiti, Cook Islands, New Zealand
Source – IndiaNewEngland.com, Hindustan Times
Omi Vaidya Facts
- He has been an anchor for shows like Centum U Bright Minds and Chhote Ustaad.
- He was raised in Los Angeles and used to come to India for vacations.
- On one of his visits to India, Omi auditioned for the role in 3 Idiots.
- His parents are Maharashtrians.
- He has appeared in a Punjabi song called Kurti in 2006.
- He played the role of Sadiq on the famous series The Office.
- Omi has a documentary film made on him titled Big in Bollywood that released in 2011.
- He has worked as an editor for many films.
- Ramayana and Mahabharata are his favorite eras.
- Connect with him on Twitter and Facebook.
Featured Image by Bollywood Hungama / www.bollywoodhungama.com / CC BY-3.0