|Sally Hawkins Quick Info|
|Height||5 ft 2 in|
|Date of Birth||April 27, 1976|
|Hair Color||Dark Brown|
Sally Hawkins is an award-winning English actress, voiceover artist, stage artist, writer, and producer who is known for her several critically acclaimed on-screen performances including Elisa Esposito in The Shape of Water, Maud Lewis in Maudie, Mary Brown in Paddington 2, Poppy Cross in Happy-Go-Lucky, Anne Elliot in Persuasion, Rita O’Grady in Made in Dagenham, Jill Tate in Submarine, Ginger in Blue Jasmine, and Dr. Vivienne Graham in Godzilla: King of the Monsters.
Sally Cecilia Hawkins
Dulwich, London, England, United Kingdom
Sally Hawkins studied at James Allen’s Girls’ School before graduating from the Royal Academy of Dramatic Art in 1998.
Actress, Voiceover Artist, Stage Artist, Writer, Producer
- Father – Colin Hawkins (Author, Illustrator)
- Mother – Jacqui Hawkins (Book Author, Illustrator)
- Sibling – Finbar Hawkins (Younger Brother) (Producer)
- Others – Michael Anthony Hawkins (Paternal Grandfather), Cecilia Agnes Phillips (Paternal Grandmother), John Albert Sinfield (Maternal Grandfather), Anne Carey (Maternal Grandmother)
Sally Hawkins is represented by –
- Conway Van Gelder Grant Ltd., Talent Agency, London, England, United Kingdom
- Principal Entertainment, Artist Management Company, West Hollywood, California, United States
5 ft 2 in or 157.5 cm
48 kg or 106 lbs
Race / Ethnicity
Sally Hawkins has Irish and English roots.
- Short stature
- Often portrays people of the lower class
Sally Hawkins Favorite Things
- Kind Of People – Those who are eccentric
- TV Show – HGTV Design Star
Source – IMDb
Sally Hawkins Facts
- She was raised in a National Trust-protected gingerbread house designed by Patrick Gwynne in Blackheath, London.
- She got inclined towards acting when she was 3 years old and went to a circus show.
- Growing up, Sally Hawkins was a huge fan of 1940s black and white films.
- She co-starred as Ginger in the 2013 American black comedy-drama film, Blue Jasmine, and was nominated for the Academy Award for “Best Supporting Actress”. She learned about her Oscar nomination while she was grocery shopping.
- Sally Hawkins replaced Rachel McAdams for the role of Maud Lewis in the 2016 biographical drama film, Maudie, for which she won the Canadian Screen Award for “Best Performance by an Actress in a Leading Role in a Feature Film”, London Film Critics’ Circle Award for “British Actress of the Year”, and San Diego Film Critics Society Award for “Best Actress”.
- She has ophidiophobia i.e. fear of snakes.
- Sally has been diagnosed with dyslexia and also struggles with lupus, an autoimmune disease.
- She is friends with the likes of Colin Farrell, James Corden, and Richard Ayoade.
- Sally Hawkins has served as the spokesperson for Oxfam’s East Africa Appeal.
- She once said that she is a real romantic.
- Over the years, she has also appeared on a variety of shows like The Hollow Crown, Twenty Thousand Streets Under the Sky, Little Britain, Casualty, Jimmy Kimmel Live!, and Conan.
Featured Image by Martin Kraft / Wikimedia / CC BY-SA 3.0