|Samuel Umtiti Quick Info|
|Height||5 ft 11.25 in|
|Date of Birth||November 14, 1993|
Samuel Umtiti is a French professional soccer player known for having performed under popular football clubs like Olympique Lyon, FC Barcelona, and France National Team. He has done endorsement work for numerous brands like Nike. Samuel has a huge social media fan base with more than 4 million followers on Instagram, more than 1 million followers on Twitter, and more than 1 million followers on Facebook.
Yaoundé, Cameroon, Africa
Samuel Umtiti was enrolled in the youth academy of Olympique Lyon for his formal soccer education.
Professional Soccer Player
- Father – Unknown
- Mother – Annie Ngo Um
- Siblings – Yannick Umtiti (Brother)
Samuel Umtiti is represented by his brother Yannick Umtiti.
23 – Olympique Lyon, FC Barcelona
5 – Olympique Lyon, France National Team
5 ft 11.25 in or 181 cm
79 kg or 174 lbs
Girlfriend / Spouse
Samuel Umtiti has dated –
- Alexandra Dulauroy – Umtiti has been linked by the Catalan media with Alexandra Dulauroy in the past. The media has claimed that they have been seen together on a couple of occasions. However, Umtiti hasn’t publicly spoken about his relationship.
Race / Ethnicity
He has Cameroonian ancestry.
- Imposing physical presence
Samuel Umtiti has inked a personal endorsement deal with Nike. To endorse the popular sportswear brand, he wears their cleats for his professional matches. He also uses his social media activity to promote their products.
His religious views aren’t known publicly.
Best Known For
- Being the first choice central defender for the French National Team
- Having played 170 games for the French club, Lyon. During his stay with them, he managed to win Coupe de France as well as Trophée des Champion.
- Playing for the Catalan giants, FC Barcelona. With Barcelona, he has managed to win La Liga as well as Copa Del Rey.
First Soccer Match
- In January 2012, he made his professional debut for Lyon in a Coupe de France game against Lyon-Duchère. About 6 days later, he got his first Ligue 1 start against Montpellier in his side’s 1-0 away loss.
- In August 2016, he made his first start for Barcelona in their second leg match of 2016 Supercopa de España against Sevilla. His side managed to win the tie by 3-0.
- In July 2016, he made his debut for the French National Team in UEFA Euro quarterfinal clash against Iceland. He gave an assured performance and even managed to complete all of his 77 passes.
He doesn’t have any apparent weaknesses in his game.
In May 2018, he made his theatrical film debut in the biographical movie, Think for Yourself.
First TV Show
Apart from the broadcast of the soccer matches, Samuel Umtiti hasn’t appeared on any TV show yet.
His workout routine and diet plan aren’t known.
Samuel Umtiti Favorite Things
His favorite things aren’t known.
Samuel Umtiti Facts
- In his last season with Lyon, he was crowned as “Best Player of the Season” by the club’s fans. It was a huge achievement as he had managed to finish ahead of star striker, Alexandre Lacazette, who had scored 21 goals in 34 league matches.
- In June 2016, he moved to Barcelona as the Catalan club paid a fee of €25 million to acquire Umtiti.
- Umtiti was an important member of the France U-20 team that managed to win his country’s first ever FIFA U-20 World Cup. However, he couldn’t play for his team in the final as he was suspended due to a red card received in the semi-final match against Ghana.
- Before he made his debut for the French senior team, he was heavily courted by the Fédération Camerounaise de Football. They had even roped in Cameroon legend Roger Milla to convince Umtiti. But, he decided to pledge his allegiance to France.
- Towards the end of 2017 and in the early months of 2018, Umtiti was linked with a move to Manchester United as his contract talks stalled with Barcelona.
- In June 2018, Umtiti signed a new contract with Barcelona that extended his stay with the club until 2023. The new contract raised his buy out clause to 500 million euros.
- Follow him on Facebook, Twitter, and Instagram.
Featured Image by EKSRX / Flickr / CC BY-2.0