|Sara Ramirez Quick Info|
|Height||5 ft 9 in|
|Date of Birth||August 31, 1975|
Sara Ramirez is a Mexican actress, singer, and songwriter known for appearing in popular films and TV shows like You’ve Got Mail, Law & Order: Special Victims Unit, and Grey’s Anatomy. She has released popular songs like Silent Night and Rollercoaster. She has a huge social media fan base with more than 2 million followers on Instagram, more than 1 million followers on Twitter, and more than 500k followers on Facebook.
Sara Elena Ramírez
Mazatlán, Sinaloa, Mexico
Los Angeles, California, United States
Sara went on to pursue her interests in music from San Diego School of Creative and Performing Arts and later graduated with a major in dramatics from Juilliard School in New York City.
Actress, Singer, Songwriter
- Father – Alberto Ramírez
- Mother – Luisa Vargas
- Siblings – Unknown
Sara is managed by Mitchell K. Stubbs & Associates.
5 ft 9 in or 175 cm
65 kg or 143 lbs
Girlfriend / Boyfriend / Spouse
Sara Ramirez has dated –
- Ryan DeBolt (2011-Present) – Sara began dating business analyst Ryan DeBolt in 2011. The two decided to tie the knot in an intimate wedding ceremony in New York on July 4, 2012.
Race / Ethnicity
Multiracial (Hispanic and Caucasian)
Sara has Mexican and Irish ancestry.
Sara has done endorsement work for the following brands –
- Brunello Cucinelli
- Ermenegildo Zegna
- Paul Smith
- To Boot New York
- Alexander McQueen
Sara has not spoken about her religious beliefs publicly.
Best Known For
Her diverse acting and singing work profile for which she has received several awards like Tony Award, Screen Actors Guild Award, and Satellite Award.
As a Singer
She released her first EP titled Sara Ramirez on March 27, 2011.
Sara Ramirez made her theatrical film debut in the romantic drama film You’ve Got Mail as Rose, Zabars Cashier in 1998.
First TV Show
In 2000, Sara Ramirez made her television show debut as Carol Quinn on the comedy series Spin City.
Sara has revealed that her weight has always fluctuated. Hence, she initially found it difficult to maintain a steady weight. She admitted to following crash diets to lose weight. However, she managed to love her body and found a holistic way to be healthy. She follows hydrotherapy to maintain her voice and practices yoga.
Sara Ramirez Favorite Things
- Television Series – Mad Men, Breaking Bad, Chopped, So You Think You Can Dance
Source – TV Guide
Sara Ramirez Facts
- Her parents separated when Sara was 8 years old.
- She is bi-lingual and can speak English and Spanish.
- She considers herself to be a nerd.
- Sara is fond of cooking, especially, in open fires while camping.
- She is a firm believer in LGBT rights and supports various groups like Bisexual Organizing Project, NDLON, and Mujeres De Maiz.
- In September 2016, Sara donated her hair to an organization named Locks of Love.
- In 2015, the Human Rights Campaign Foundation awarded her with the Ally for Equality Award.
- Follow Sara on Twitter, Instagram, and Facebook.
Featured Image by The Heart Truth / Flickr / CC BY-SA 2.0