|Scarlet Gruber Quick Info|
|Height||5 ft 7 in|
|Date of Birth||February 10, 1989|
|Eye Color||Dark Brown|
Scarlet Gruber is a Venezuelan actress, model, and dancer, best known for her long-running role of Vanessa Villoslada in Televisa’s drama TV series Sin tu mirada between 2017 and 2018. She made her acting debut with a role of Jenny in the TV series Aurora in 2010 and then had minor roles in TV series such as Passions of the Heart (2012) as Rebeca Marcano, Rosario (2013) as Cecilia Garza, Cosita Linda (2014) as Maria José Luján/Mariana Vargas, and El Chema (2016) as Blanca Joven. Scarlet also had a very prominent role of Andrea del Junco in more than 150 episodes of NBC Universal/Telemundo’s award-winning soap opera, Tierra de Reyes (2014-2015).
Not only did she win the award in the category of “Favorite Lead Actress” for Tierra de Reyes, but also “Best Couple” with her co-star, Christian de la Campa at the 2015 Premios Tu Mundo annual awards. In 2017, Scarlet also had notable TV roles of Karla in series The Unknown Hitman: The Story of El Cholo Adrían and Kira Rivera in Vikki RPM. As a film actress, Scalet is recognized for her roles of Elizabeth in With Elizabeth in Mount Dora (2012) and Princesa Viria in Santiago Apostol (2017). In 2012, she also played the role of a popular girl in the music video for the song Yo no soy un monstruo, performed by Elvis Crespo and trio Los Ilegales. Scarlet has also amassed a large social media fanbase with more than 900k followers on Instagram and more than 100k followers on Twitter.
Scarlet Alexandra Fernández Cristancho
- Miami, Florida, United States
- Mexico City, Mexico
Scarlet was selected to attend the prestigious New World School of the Arts High School in Miami, Florida.
Actress, Dancer, Model
- Father – Gabriel “El Chamo” Fernández (Actor, Singer, Songwriter)
- Mother – Astrid Cristancho Gruber (Soap Opera Star, Model)
- Siblings – Stephanie Fernández (Sister)
- Others – Alicia (Grandmother) (Deceased, August 2019), Nelson Ortega Luz (Acting Teacher) (Godfather)
Scarlet Gruber is represented by –
- Latinvasion (Manager) in Mexico and the United States
- Vision Entertainment (II) (Manager) in Los Angeles, California, United States
5 ft 7 in or 170 cm
58 kg or 128 lbs
Boyfriend / Spouse
Scarlet Gruber has dated –
- Christian de la Campa (2014-2015) – She was rumored to be dating her co-star from the TV series Tierra de Reyes, Christian de la Campa which was further fueled by them being named “Best Couple” on-screen at the Premios Tu Mundo annual awards ceremony in 2015. However, it soon became clear that there was nothing but an on-screen chemistry present between them. In fact, Scarlet went on to Twitter to complain about a creepy stranger who approached her in May 2015. To get away from the uncomfortable situation, she had to make up the fact that she had a boyfriend waiting for her.
- Emmanuel Orenday (2017) – Another set of rumors surfaced in 2017 after she and actor Emmanuel landed the leading roles of Vanessa Villoslada and Paulino Prieto in Sin tu mirada (2017-2018), respectively. The two also appeared on a TV talk-show, Noches Con Platanito in April 2019 to discuss their past experiences with acting. While it was clear that there was chemistry between them, again, it was revealed to be a professional relationship that bound them.
Race / Ethnicity
She is of Venezuelan descent.
Scarlet Gruber has endorsed brands such as –
- Z&L Europe
- Medicina Estética Antienvejecimiento
- Saludable 24/7
- Fit Project MX
- Luuna Sleep
Best Known For
- Her roles in TV series Tierra de Reyes (2014-2015) as Andrea del Junco, Vikki RPM (2017) as Kira Rivera, and Sin tu mirada (2017-2018) as Vanessa Villoslada
- Starring in feature films With Elizabeth in Mount Dora (2012) as Elizabeth and Santiago Apostol (2017) as Princess Viria
- Her social media fanbase with more than 900k followers on Instagram and more than 100k followers on Twitter
Scarlet Gruber made her first feature film appearance as Elizabeth in the adventure, comedy, drama film Con Elizabeth en Mount Dora (With Elizabeth in Mount Dora) in 2012.
First TV Show
Scarlet Gruber made her first TV show appearance as Jenny in an episode titled Gran lanzamiento of the crime series Aurora in November 2010.
Scarlet has a long history of being very physically active. At the age of 8, she began her artistic training as a ballet dancer in Miami, Florida, at the local Miami City Ballet. Throughout high school, she also trained as a modern, jazz, ballet, and hip hop dancer.
After she gave up on a professional career, Scarlet continued practicing yoga and going to the gym regularly. In May 2019, she took part in the Fit Project MX, an event that promoted healthy living through fitness. The same month, Scarlet also demonstrated her own ability to develop a dancing routine to the sound of Billie Eilish‘s song Bad Guy. Scarlet also does a lot of recreational boxing and swimming.
Scarlet Gruber Favorite Things
- Bible Verse – Philippians 4:13
- Personal Quote – “I think people spend too much time staring into screens and not enough time drinking wine, kissing, and dancing under the moon.”
Source – Instagram Bio, Instagram
Scarlet Gruber Facts
- She always knew her career would be in art but she was sure it would be dancing at first.
- She moved from Caracas, Venezuela to Miami, Florida, United States at the age of 8 and later considered herself an American.
- Scarlet suffered ankle injuries post-graduation from the New World School of the Arts High School and Miami City Ballet, both located in Miami, Florida, United States.
- Due to ankle injuries, Scarlet began to focus on mastering the so-called Sanford Meisner acting technique. It preaches that the actor should “get out of their head” and begin behaving instinctively to his or her surroundings.
- Her acting teacher, Nelson Ortega Luz from the Columba Theater who taught her while she was in Venezuela, was also her godfather. She also worked with other well-known acting teachers such as Sebastián Ligarde and Aquiles Ortega.
- For 2 months, she was a solo student of the Academy Award-nominated Mexican actress, Adriana Barazza, who transitioned into being an acting coach.
- Adriana helped her land her role in the Spanish TV series, Cosita Linda, where she played twin sisters Maria José Luján/Mariana Vargas in September 2014. Scarlet was later nominated for “Best Young Actress in a Telenovela” at the 2015 Miami Life Awards.
- Scarlet said that the role of Andrea del Junco in Tierra de Reyes (2014-2015) changed and challenged her. She used to play soft-hearted women and Andrea had to be cold, rigid, and strong-willed.
- Self-admittedly, she has an old lady spirit and enjoys staying at home, reading, and walking the streets near her home instead of partying and drinking.
- Her mom is her role model and because she was an actress herself, it was her that taught her how to behave like a true professional in the industry.
- Scarlet was on the cover of the Selecta magazine in the August 2018 issue.
- In November 2018, she checked off one of the things on her bucket list when she went bungee jumping.
- Scarlet has a male Bichon dog named Tobias.
- Follow her on Instagram and Twitter.
Featured Image by Scarlet Gruber / Instagram