|Sky Brown Quick Info|
|Height||4 ft 6 in|
|Date of Birth||July 12, 2008|
Sky Brown is a Japanese skateboarder, surfer, TV personality, and social media star, best known as the world’s youngest professional skateboarder. At the age of 8, Sky was the youngest skateboarder that participated in the Vans US Open Pro Series in 2016, and in July 2017, attended the 1st ever Asian Vans Park Series Continental Championships in Singapore and ended up in 2nd place. Sky also joined the “Starting Lineup” of the Teck Deck skateboarding brand in 2018, which was in time for their 20th anniversary. Since she had dual citizenship, she could choose to skate for either Japan or Great Britain at the 2020 Tokyo Olympics after skateboarding was added for the 1st time as an official event, and she picked Great Britain.
Her 1st competition to qualify for the 2020 Tokyo Olympics was the Dew Tour 2019 in Long Beach, California, in which she excelled even with a broken arm. Sky also had a goal of attending X Games, a well-known extreme sports competition hosted and broadcast on ABC and ESPN channels. She is also a successful surfer and was undefeated in the “Under 16” age group. Sky also started a career in television, and in 2018, competed and won the 1st ever Dancing with the Stars: Juniors TV show. She also appeared in an episode of the Little Big Shots TV series in 2017 and had a role of Jade in an episode of the comedy TV series Mani in 2019. Sky has also amassed a large fanbase online, with more than 500k followers on Instagram and more than 200k followers on Facebook.
- Miyazaki, Japan
- Los Angeles, California, United States
Her educational history is unknown.
Skateboarder, Surfer, TV Personality, Social Media Star
- Father – Stuart Brown
- Mother – Mieko Brown
- Siblings – Ocean Brown (Younger Brother) (Skateboarder, Surfer)
Sky Brown is represented by –
- Abrams Artists Agency (Talent Agent Theatrical, Commercial) in Los Angeles, California, United States
- Select Management Group (Manager) in Los Angeles, California, United States
4 ft 6 in or 137 cm
37 kg or 81.5 lbs
Boyfriend / Spouse
Sky Brown is too young to date.
Race / Ethnicity
Multiracial (Asian and White)
She is of Japanese and English descent.
She has also dyed her hair ‘Ombre’ with ‘Blonde’ hair ends.
- Slim physique
- Chubby Cheeks
Sky Brown has endorsed brands such as –
- Grizzly Griptape
- NikeWomen / Nike / Nike Skateboarding
- FCS Surf Fins
- Lost Surfboards
- BBC SPORT
- Tensor Trucks
- Mayhem Surfboards
- Luv Surf Tokyo
- Sticky Bumps Surf Products
- Claire’s Stores
- Simple Session
- Niax Designs
She has also promoted charities or organizations such as –
- Lonely Whale & HydrateLike
- PointBreak Foundation
- Almost Skateboards & Skateistan
Best Known For
- Being the youngest professional skateboarder, and the youngest skateboarder at the Vans US Open Pro Series competition in 2016
- Her efforts to qualify for the right to compete at the 2020 Tokyo Olympics at the age of 12, making her the 2nd youngest British Olympian competitor
- Starring in, and winning the 1st ever Dancing with the Stars: Juniors TV show in 2018
- Her social media following with more than 500k followers on Instagram and more than 200k followers on Facebook
First TV Show
Sky Brown made her first TV show appearance as herself in an episode titled Bend It Like Bella of the family reality-TV series Little Big Shots in April 2017.
Sky doesn’t have a personal trainer but tirelessly works on practicing alone or with her female skateboarding idols Alana Smith and Leticia Bufoni while she is the United States. She also claims to wake up at 5 AM every morning before school to go surfing.
Besides competing in surfing, Sky is also passionate about fighting and began practicing boxing and karate in hopes of turning pro one day.
Sky Brown Favorite Things
- Animated Movie – Despicable Me (2010), Minions (2015)
- Animal – Dog
- Personal Motto – “LOVE a Challenge, Fueled on FUN!!”
Sky Brown Facts
- She comes from a family of skateboarders and began skateboarding when she was 3 years old. Her dad was very reluctant at first but gave in after he saw her passion and talent.
- Even though she chose to join Japan for the 2020 Tokyo Olympics at first, she switched to Great Britain’s team. Sky said the reason was that The British Skateboarding Association told her “no pressure, just have fun and get out there.”
- If she qualified, Sky would be the 2nd youngest British competitor, right after Cecilia Colledge who competed in the 1932 Winter Olympics in figure skating at age of 11 years and 4 months.
- Her younger brother, Ocean Brown, is also very successful in both surfing and skateboarding and trains alongside her.
- She manages to juggle skateboarding and school and does her homework on the road.
- She wants to meet with girls from South Africa and Afganistan to show them a different way of living and motivate them to try out a sport that’s male-dominated.
- Sky rode a motorcycle in a promotional video filmed in Cambodia for the surf, skate, and snowboarding brand Roxy.
- Sky listens to Nicki Minaj and Sia‘s songs during her skating practice as they pump her up.
- During her competition at the Vans US Open Pro Series even in 2016, she had to beat girls that were twice her size and older.
- She finished up at the 2nd place at the Asian Vans Park Series Championship in Singapore after months of not practicing at all.
- When she joined Nike’s “Dream Crazier” campaign in February 2019, Sky became their youngest athlete.
- Sky feels very sad that the number of skate parks in Japan is very low, which was why she was always excited to go to the United States.
- In April 2019, she met a soccer player Brandi Chastain, one of the women she looked up to growing up. Brandi is known for scoring the winning penalty shootout goal for the United States against China at the 1999 World Cup.
- Follow her on YouTube, Facebook, and Instagram.
Featured Image by Sky Brown / Instagram