Sonia Melissa Kruger
Toowoomba, Queensland, Australia
Kruger lives in a 5-bedroom mansion, which is built over three levels in Mosman, a suburb on the Lower North Shore of Sydney.
She had bought the luxurious property for six and a half million in December 2015.
Sonia Kruger went to the Beenleigh State High School and completed her school education in 1982.
She later got enrolled at the University of Technology, Sydney to graduate with an arts degree.
- Father – Adrian Kruger (Passed away in June 2015 after long illness)
- Mother – Margaret Kruger
- Siblings – Debbie Kruger (Older Sister)
Sonia Kruger is represented by Melissa Harvey of Profile Talent Management.
5 ft 8 in or 173 cm
66 kg or 145.5 lbs
Boyfriend / Spouse
Sonia Kruger has dated
- James Davies (2003-2009) – After dating for some time, Sonia got married to British banker James Davies in January 2003. However, they tried to keep their wedding secret for a couple of months before she decided to sell their wedding story to a women’s magazine. Their 6 years old marriage ran into trouble by the end of 2008. In March 2009, her representative confirmed that they had decided to amicably end their marriage. The insider sources hinted that her busy work schedule might have been behind their separation. By the mid of the year, their amicable separation had descended into a bitter feud as they battled for the control of their assets and properties. In July 2009, Davies was even involved in a brawl with her then-boyfriend Craig McPherson.
- Jim Wilson (2008-2009) – Towards the end of 2008, Kruger was rumored to be going out with newsreader Jim Wilson. However, their relationship didn’t even go half a year.
- Craig McPherson (2008-Present) – Sonia started going out with Craig McPherson, who is Channel Seven’s News Director and executive producer of Today Tonight in September 2008. In January 2015, she gave birth to their first daughter, Maggie, who was born via IVF treatment. Before Maggie’s birth, she had to endure a couple of miscarriages. In January 2017, she sparked speculation that she had got married to Craig after she was spotted wearing a ring on her left-hand ring finger while returning from holidays. However, her representative released a statement, debunking marriage rumors.
Race / Ethnicity
Dark Brown (Natural)
But, she tends to go for blonde hued dyes.
- Round face
- Broad smile
36-27-36 in or 91.5-68.5-91.5 cm
6 (US) or 38 (EU) or 10 (UK)
7.5 (US) or 38 (EU)
Sonia Kruger has appeared in the TV commercials for
- Darrell Lea chocolates
- Swisse Healthy Living.
Her religious views aren’t known publicly.
Best Known For
- Having played the role of Tina Sparkle in the romantic comedy movie, Strictly Ballroom.
- Having hosted the Australian version of the popular reality TV show, Dancing with the Stars.
- Having covered a number of popular sports events such as Australian Open, the Olympics, and Melbourne Cup.
In 1992, Sonia made her theatrical film debut in a minor role in the romantic flick, Strictly Ballroom.
First TV Show
In 2003, Sonia Kruger made her first TV show appearance on the news talk show, Sunrise.
Sonia maintains her youthful figure even in advancing age with her steadfast commitment to her workout routine. She enjoys doing high-intensity workouts that also double as fun-filled activities. She loves heading to the Sydney Dance Company few times a week for Zumba classes.
Sonia also likes going for long walks with her pet dog. However, she is not a fan of gym workouts or getting on the treadmill for a jog as she finds it mind-numbingly boring.
Also, she is not a fan of following any diets.
Sonia Kruger Favorite Things
- Food – Shepherd’s pie and spaghetti bolognese
Source – Body and Soul
Sonia Kruger Facts
- She started taking ballet dance classes at the age of 4. By the age of 9, she was taking part in ballroom competitions.
- She has served as the dance teacher at the National Institute of Dramatic Art (NIDA) in Sydney in the past.
- In July 2016, Sonia was caught in a minor controversy after she claimed that Muslim immigrants should be kept out of the country to ensure the safety of the society.
- In 2008, Sonia caused a minor furor after she talked about sweatshop of illegal immigrants working to create the dress she wore for the Melbourne Cup carnival. Just after making these comments, she asked the show’s Malaysian origin musical director Chong Lim, How’s the family, Chong? All right?
- Follow her on Facebook, Twitter, and Instagram.
Featured Image by Sonia Kruger / Instagram