|Sonu Nigam Quick Info|
|Height||5 ft 7 in|
|Date of Birth||July 30, 1973|
Sonu Nigam is an Indian singer who has been one of the finest playback singers in Bollywood. Possessing the most recognizable voice, he has been one of the highest-paid Indian singers. He is also a live performer, composer, host, and actor.
Sonu Kumar Nigam
Faridabad, Haryana, India
He has a bungalow named ‘Namah’ in Versova, Mumbai, Maharashtra, India.
Playback Singer, Live Performer, Composer, Host, Actor
- Father – Agam Kumar Nigam
- Mother – Shobha Nigam
- Siblings – Teesha Nigam (Sister) (Professional Singer )
He is represented by Mayur Hasija.
Pop Rock, Classical, Semi-Classical, Ghazals, Playback
- Sony Music
- Venus Records & Tapes
5 ft 7 in or 170 cm
68 kg or 150 lbs
Girlfriend / Spouse
Sonu Nigam has dated –
1.Madhurima Nigam (2002-Present) – He married Madhurima Nigam on February 15, 2002. They have a son named Nevaan (b. July 25, 2007).
Race / Ethnicity
- Tattoo on both arms
- Chiseled chest
Nigam has endorsed brands such as –
- Dabur Honitus
- Idea Cellular
Sonu Nigam Favorite Things
- City – Mumbai
- Holiday Destination – Los Angeles
- Concept Of Travel – Always together, with family
- Perception Of Music – Music is a state of mind, being different and unique for each person
Source – Times Of India
Sonu Nigam Facts
- His singing career began at the age of 4 when he accompanied his father Agam Kumar Nigam on stage to sing Mohammed Rafi’s hit song Kya Hua Tera Wada.
- Sonu Nigam received training in music from Hindustani classical singer Ustad Ghulam Mustafa Khan.
- Sonu had frequently complained that he had been called a “bachcha” (a kid) in the film industry, which would cause him a lot of angst.
- Under the influence of numerology, he had altered the spelling of his name to the odd-sounding ‘Niigaam’. However, Sonu came out of that phase and changed his name back to ‘Nigam’. He claimed to have gained wisdom and was himself amazed for having undergone changes in things such as his hairstyle, his anger outbursts, and his own name.
- He has done playback singing for several Hindi movies such as Meherban (1993), Kasam Teri Kasam (1993), Gaddaar (1995), Jeet (1996), etc.
- Sonu has also sung for Kannada language movies as well as a variety of other Indian languages such as Bengali, Manipuri, Gujarati, Tamil, Telugu, Marathi, Maithili, Malayalam, etc.
- Sonu Nigam has hosted several shows like the Sa Re Ga Ma music show (1995-1999) which earned him a lot of popularity.
- His album Deewana, released by T-Series in 1999 has been one of the most commercially successful and celebrated albums ever in India.
- Nigam has been the most versatile singer, having recorded romantic, rock, sad, devotional, ghazal, and patriotic songs.
- In 2007, he had also appeared in the shelved movie Aankhon Aankhon Mein, where he was cast in the role of a blind singer.
- He has toured and performed all over the world along with other top artists and has given solo concerts such as Simply Sonu in Canada and Germany (September 2007–October 2007).
- Along with singing, Sonu has composed music for various films and he even collaborated with renowned percussionist Bickram Ghosh when creating music for the film Jal (2013).
- He has also collaborated with international singers like Britney Spears and was ranked the number 1 artist on the US Billboard Uncharted charts twice in 2013.
- Nigam has been labeled “Lord of Chords” and “Modern Rafi” – after one of the greatest singers of India, Mohammed Rafi.
- He has received many awards including Filmfare Awards and the National Award in 2003 for “Best Male Playback Singer” for the song Kal Ho Naa Ho in the super-hit film of the same name.
- In January 2019, he lent his support to the first transgender band of India named 6 Pack Band and launched a music album.
- In February 2019, Nigam was hospitalized for acute back pain.
Featured Image by Faisal Akram / Flickr / CC BY-SA 2.0