|Steve Howey Quick Info|
|Height||6 ft 3½ in|
|Date of Birth||July 12, 1977|
Steve Howey is an American actor who is best known as Van Montgomery from the TV series, Reba. He has also appeared in various other shows and movies like Bride Wars, Losing Control, Something Borrowed, See You in Valhalla, In Your Eyes, Stuber, The Drew Carey Show, Surviving Suburbia, Shameless, Workaholics, and Law & Order: Special Victims Unit. He also has a huge social media fan base with more than 1.8 million followers on Instagram and over 500k followers on Twitter.
Steven Michael Robert Howey
San Antonio, Texas, United States
Los Angeles, California, United States
Steve Howey studied at the Northeastern Junior College for 2 years on a basketball scholarship.
- Father – Bill Howey (Director)
- Mother – Carla Novinger
- Siblings – Bret Howey (Brother), Tammy Howey (Sister)
- Others – Harry E. Novinger (Maternal Grandfather), Isaac Milton Novinger (Maternal Great-Grandfather), Fannie Jane Eitel (Maternal Great-Grandmother), Mary Louise Flentge (Maternal Grandmother), John J. Flentge (Maternal Great-Grandfather), Mary M. Mansfield (Maternal Great-Grandmother)
Steve Howey is represented by –
- Jay D. Schwartz & Associates, Talent Management Company, Los Angeles, California, United States
- United Talent Agency, Talent Agency, Beverly Hills, California, United States
6 ft 3½ in or 191.5 cm
95 kg or 209.5 lbs
Girlfriend / Spouse
Steve Howey has dated –
- Sarah Shahi (2004-Present) – Steve started dating actress Sarah Shahi in August 2004. Eventually, while on a vacation in Hawaii, Steve proposed to Sarah and the two got engaged in June 2007 and later tied the knot in Las Vegas on February 7, 2009. In July 2009, they were blessed with their first child, a son named William Wolf Howey, who was born through the water-birth process. Then, on March 1, 2015, the couple was blessed with twins – son Knox Blue and daughter Violet Moon.
Race / Ethnicity
He has Scottish, English, German, and Alsatian roots.
Light Brown (Natural)
- Ripped physique
- Towering height
Steve Howey appeared in a TV commercial for Coca-Cola Coke Card in 1999.
Best Known For
- Appearing in movies like DOA: Dead or Alive (2006) as Weatherby, Bride Wars (2009) as Daniel Williams, Stan Helsing (2009) as Stan Helsing, Something Borrowed (2011) as Marcus, In Your Eyes (2014) as Bo Soames, See You in Valhalla (2015) as Makewi, and Game Over, Man! (2018) as Rich
- Having been cast in numerous TV shows like Reba (2001-2007) as Van Montgomery, Ctrl (2009) as Ben Piller, Love Bites (2011) as Kell, Shameless (from 2011) as Kevin Ball, Sons of Anarchy (2013) as Hopper, Law & Order: Special Victims Unit (2017) as Andy “Monster” McPherson, and SEAL Team (2018) as Danny Cooper
Steve Howey made his feature film debut as Jim in a movie titled Class in 1998.
He made his first theatrical film appearance as K.C. Carlyle in the action drama film, Supercross, in 2005.
First TV Show
He made his first TV show appearance in an episode, titled Silicone Valley of the Dolls, of the action crime drama series, Pacific Blue, in 1999.
Howey is a fitness freak who has been challenging every 40+ individual with his ripped body and intense workout regime at the Equinox gym. Unlike others, his workout does not span out for like 40 minutes. Instead, he takes 40 minutes to warm up and then works out for around 2 to 3 hours. He trains using weight plates and does exercises like squat presses and squat to shoulder presses.
When it comes to his diet, he believes in consistency and also practices the mantra ‘Boring is Better’. He accepts that abs are built in the kitchen and it is more of what we eat than how much we work out that actually affects our body. Steve eats lots of veggies including broccoli and tries to maintain a consistent diet plan. He also uses the Blood Type Diet app which assists him in deciding which food products are good for him and which are bad.
Steve Howey Facts
- He grew up on sailboats along the Pacific Coast.
- While growing up on sailboats, he would simply ask his mom if he could go to a nearby town and his mother would say, “Come back before dark” and he would swim ashore. That is what his childhood looked like.
- He worked at a restaurant called Grady’s American Grill in Colorado during the 1990s.
- Coincidently, his character in Shameless became a father to twins before Steve was blessed with twins in real life.
- He supports the non-profit organization Starlight Children’s Foundation.
- During his free time, he enjoys playing poker, dirt biking, and visiting the shooting range.
- He is good friends with his Shameless co-star Shanola Hampton.
- Follow Steve Howey on Instagram, Twitter, and Facebook.
Featured Image by Steve Howey / Instagram