|Teyonah Parris Quick Info|
|Height||5 ft 5 in|
|Date of Birth||September 22, 1987|
Teyonah Parris is an American actress who is best known for being cast in several award-winning films like Dear White People (2014), Chi-Raq (2015), and Love Under New Management: The Miki Howard Story (2016). She is also noted for her character as Dawn Chambers in AMC’s Golden Globe award-winning series Mad Men (2012–2015) and Mike O’Malley’s Survivor’s Remorse (2014-2017). Teyonah has a huge fan base with more than 200k followers on Instagram.
Columbia, South Carolina, United States
Teyonah studied at Lower Richland High School, Hopkins. Later, she started studying at South Carolina Governor’s School for the Arts and Humanities, Greenville.
Then in 2009, she graduated with a Bachelor of Fine Arts in Drama from The Juilliard School in New York City, New York.
- Father – Unknown
- Mother – Unknown
- Siblings – She has a younger brother and an older brother.
Teyonah is represented by –
- Agency for the Performing Arts
- Creative Artists Agency
- Shelter PR
- Vanguard Management Group
5 ft 5 in or 165 cm
54 kg or 119 lbs
Boyfriend / Spouse
There is not much known about Teyonah’s love life as she prefers not to bring it into the spotlight.
Race / Ethnicity
Teyonah has African-American ancestry.
- Twirly hair
- Wide smile
Teyonah has done endorsement work for several brands such as –
Best Known For
- Being nominated in for an NAACP Image Award for “Outstanding Actress in a Motion Picture” for her lead role as Lysistrata in Chi-Raq in 2015
- Starring in several other hit films like Dear White People (2014), They Came Together (2014), and Love Under New Management: The Miki Howard Story (2016)
- Being cast as Dawn Chambers in Mad Men (2012-2015) and Missy Vaughn in Survivor’s Remorse (2014-2017)
Teyonah made her theatrical film debut as Riva in James L. Brooks’s romantic-drama How Do You Know in 2010.
First TV Show
She made her first TV show appearance as a guest star named Melinda Gossett in The Good Wife in 2010.
In order to keep her skin looking radiant and clean after shooting, she uses a Cetaphil Antibacterial Gentle Cleansing Bar to wash off the top layers of makeup. Then, she applies some Albolene Moisturizing Cleanser to soften up the layers of makeup.
Teyonah then applies the Bioré Deep Pore Charcoal Cleanser to get off her makeup with some fresh water. Then, she uses wipes of Unique Face Options Derma Pore Cleanser in order to give it one final wash.
To keep her hair looking shiny and thick, Teyonah twists or braids her hair. Without fail, she uses a leave-in conditioner, spirited with two drops of argan oil, 15 drops of peppermint oil, 15 drops of tea tree oil, as well as some of her Anu Essentials Golden Blossom Hair Oil. She mixes all the ingredients in an empty bottle and sprays it on to her braids in morning and night.
Teyonah Parris Favorite Things
- Food – Bread (Any Kind)
- Movie – Little Children (2006)
- Role To Date – Celimene in Moliere’s ‘The Misanthrope
- Hair Product – Dark and Lovely‘s Knot-Out Conditioner
Source – Us Magazine, IssueMagazine.com
Teyonah Parris Facts
- She was born and brought up in Hopkins, South Carolina. Later, she moved to New York to pursue a career in acting.
- Teyonah was quite the tomboy growing up and could also climb trees. She also loved to dress up.
- Her parents guided and motivated her to pursue acting as a career. Her father who worked as an engineer at a nuclear power plant would often take her to audition even if it was a bad day to travel.
- Teyonah is the middle of 3 children. She has a younger brother and an older brother.
- In 2015, she was cast as R&B/Jazz singer Miki Howard in his biopic titled The Miki Howard Story.
- She has been the 1st African-American to be crowned as Ms. Lower Richland High School. She also took part in the school’s cheerleading and dance teams.
- Prior to starting her career as an actress, she worked as a model and competed in several beauty pageants. Teyonah also applied to jobs in restaurants around the city of New York.
- She played the 1st ever African-American character in the television series Mad Men from 2012 to 2015.
- In the past, she stood forth for World AIDS Day and appeared in a photo shoot for Designers Against AIDS.
- Her motto in life is to be able “to help young women find their natural beauty by inspiring them through her art and peaceful living”.
- Teyonah’s kind of guy must be intriguing, intelligent, considerate at heart, and must smell good.
- Visit her official website @ www.teyonahparris.com.
- Follow her on Instagram, Facebook, and Twitter.
Featured Image by Teyonah Parris / Instagram